Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

Alright, screen shot volley time. I will admit that I did spend an inordinately large amount of time building a spiral staircase but that's what I do ;p

Map 5 is now the biggest map I've ever made and it's probably 2/3 done. Having fun though so we keep marching on.

Screenshot_Doom_20180617_213146.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180617_213128.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180617_213030.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180617_213209.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180617_212500.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180616_233116.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180616_233058.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180616_232855.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180616_232939.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180610_214121.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180610_214220.png

On 6/19/2018 at 2:13 PM, Gideon020 said:

Ooh. Maddening.

I have lost what little sanity I had left

1 hour ago, jerrysheppy said:

Hnnnnnnnf just grind this shit up and inject it directly into my veins

OK, hold still

*grabs industrial sized mould injector*

Well fuck guys, my computer has died. Looks like a windows melt down so hopefully the wad is still retrievable. I have a separate SSD for booting windows and a storage drive so if I have to reformat then it shouldn't affect the storage drive. I do have an online back up but I'm pretty sure it's pre-map 5 which will make me sad if i've lost the last couple months of work.

Grrrrr

8 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Well fuck guys, my computer has died. Looks like a windows melt down so hopefully the wad is still retrievable. I have a separate SSD for booting windows and a storage drive so if I have to reformat then it shouldn't affect the storage drive. I do have an online back up but I'm pretty sure it's pre-map 5 which will make me sad if i've lost the last couple months of work.

Grrrrr

Oh, shit! The same sort of thing happened to me a month ago, except my HDD crashed. :( Hope you get back up.

I guess, it couldn't keep with your cool map design ;)

Besides, I recommend get lavafall textures after you retrieve your wad. It will look better than pasted lava flat. 

2 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I guess, it couldn't keep with your cool map design ;)

Besides, I recommend get lavafall textures after you retrieve your wad. It will look better than pasted lava flat. 

Those are the AV lavafall textures and I quite like them ;p

*edit (Alien Vendetta)

This is one massive, beautiful, evil looking mapset. I'm dying to check it out!

On 3/19/2018 at 4:40 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Tonight's workScreenshot_Doom_20180319_223840.png.9e038208f344401801f6f48bb2f6b7f0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180319_223852.png.e037bad080cbfd5912c3134af64351f6.png

WOW!!!  Now that is what I call art!  Keep up the good work, Bridgeburner56 -- it looks great... :D

On 6/26/2018 at 9:57 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Grrrrr

Good news everybody! I have to get a new graphics card. Data is safe. Hopefully have the new hardware installed by next weekend and we can get back on track.

You must've read my mind.  I kid you not, I was just wondering today what happened to this project and considering hunting down/bumping this thread.

doesn't hurt to do more frequent backups in the future.

we programmers are required in our jobs to use source control in case something goes wrong or data is lost.

46 minutes ago, jerrysheppy said:

You must've read my mind.  I kid you not, I was just wondering today what happened to this project and considering hunting down/bumping this thread.

No hunting required.

43 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

doesn't hurt to do more frequent backups in the future.

we programmers are required in our jobs to use source control in case something goes wrong or data is lost.

I do have a back up on google drive, i just hadn't updated it for probably 5-6 weeks. Which would have been depressing to say the least. I'm now going to set a calendar reminder to do it at least once a week. I can handle having to redo a week's work as a worst case scenario. So yes, more frequent backups ;p

Glad to hear that your data is safe, sucks to hear that you still have to get a graphic card, but it's good to hear that things are getting back on track on this project

7 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Glad to hear that your data is safe, sucks to hear that you still have to get a graphic card, but it's good to hear that things are getting back on track on this project

I had an upgrade planned this year anyway (old one is about 4 years old now) so it's just the down time that has been a pain. Graphics card has been ordered (Geforce 1060) and should be in my hot little hands in a few days.

1 hour ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Just for interest. Can you put this flat and look how it is? I have 128 pixel and on GZdoom should work properly

Stone.png.d414ea87c3a5d4d4cd36417dce51cd4c.png

Will do. Looks pretty good.

Loving what you have here so far. Whilst the colour scheme is rather generic, you've managed to nonetheless make something awesome. In both definitions of the word.

1 hour ago, Novaseer said:

Loving what you have here so far. Whilst the colour scheme is rather generic, you've managed to nonetheless make something awesome. In both definitions of the word.

Thanks man. There will be some less typical colour schemes coming but I do love my red/black/grey combos

I'm hoping that continuity between the maps exists???

Otherwise, looks great. Keep up the good work, mate.

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

I'm hoping that continuity between the maps exists???

Otherwise, looks great. Keep up the good work, mate.

Cheers. Generally yes, there will be continuity between maps but I'm considering doing something episodic (8 levels each?) which will allow for some more major visual shifts in style (still hell I promise). I can finalise that decision once I get closer to having 8 levels finished

I think I missed if it was posted elsewhere, but will there be Ice Hell alongside blood, fire, etc?

11 hours ago, Gideon020 said:

I think I missed if it was posted elsewhere, but will there be Ice Hell alongside blood, fire, etc?

Indeed there will. Well, it's certainly on the ideas list. I have some of the standard tropes to work through (hell library/wood and blood, flesh flesh and more flesh) but I'm keen to get into some more esoteric ideas soon. I have a couple of good ideas (on paper) for some pure concept maps as well. These will probably be a bit shorter so as not to turn into gimics. Potentially good secret level maps.

So my grahpics card shipped, the courier arrived yesterday to drop it off ... and there was no one home. So it is now at the depot which is closed on Saturday. FFS. Arranging for a no signature required drop off for Monday.

So close yet so far away.

Dude, this stuff looks sick AF! I could never have to patience to do stuff this detailed. Also I really like the idea of having an ice hell level to give it some variety. Can't wait to check it out!

I've updated the releease timeline on the main page

"Ok, update now that I should have my graphics card next week:

First playtest release will realistically be sometime in September. I want to finish either map 3 or map 5 and release 4 maps as the initial 'alpha' release. Map 3 will take less to finish but I have a slight case of mapper's block. Map 5 has more to do but I know how it finishes. I'll see what my mood is once I get the new card installed.

Sorry for the delays but having a hardware meltdown was not in the programme!"