Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dybbuk81

What new enemies would you like to see other than classic leftovers

I'd love to see id's own take on the Motherdemon. Or at least something similar.

Also Sabaoth.

I'd like to see the Motherdemon come back as a boss. I'd also want to see the Vagary redesigned and repurposed into an enemy like the Vore from Quake, along with Trites, and a boss resembling the Maledict. Without the stupid Betreuger tongue, of course.

I'd also like to see Hellhounds, and a boss version as a cerberus. 

Now that other people mentioned her, yeah, I'd like to see the Motherdemon making a comeback too, I really liked her in D64.

There was also some sort of easter egg of her in D2016 if I'm not mistaken. So maybe, just maybe it will happen.

15 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

We have soldiers on Earth, they probably wouldn't have power armour or plasma weapons. I can believe a hell wave would turn them into possessed soldiers. While we're at it, make shotgun soldiers too.

PROPER shotgun soldiers. The Possessed Security just didn't cut it.

19 minutes ago, ATP2555 said:

I for one think weak hitscan enemies with good combat AI would be quite interesting to fight with Doomguy's turbo speed and arsenal, especially in conjunction with faster/tougher enemies.

A rifleman with the cut Assault Rifle and tan gear, and a shotgunner with the Combat Shotgun and black gear would suffice. Each would have enough health to be killed in 1-2 shotty blasts and have minor abilities like throwing time-fuse frag grenades, and might even try to duck or find cover to a degree in the open.

Later on they could start toting weapon mods like underbarrel mini-rocket launchers and whatnot. The existing UAC possessed with plasma rifles and shields would still exist around company grounds as slower but tougher counterparts.

The chaingunner equivalent could be a possessed UAC Elite Guard overflowing with tumor ridden muscle, toting a chaingun, super shotgun, or rocket launcher. They would be slow but quite powerful.

And just as a random note, I think it'd be funny if possessed civilians could sometimes fire EMG pistols inaccurately in the fashion of classic Zombiemen.

Cacodemon variants, for e.g Cacolantern. Variants should not be all the same size. They should also vary in colors and projectiles perhaps? Or having their separate different attacks altogether. 

Edited by Rosh Fragger

All of the Doom 3 demons plus monsters similar to:

- Slayer (The Suffering)

slayer1.jpg

- Demoness (Agony)

about4.jpg

- Verge Zagan (Chaos Legion)

551?cb=20130702122741

5 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

Shotgun security should also get a paint job.  They look exactly like the normal ones.

5 hours ago, Rifle Infantry said:

I for one think weak hitscan enemies with good combat AI would be quite interesting to fight with Doomguy's turbo speed and arsenal, especially in conjunction with faster/tougher enemies.

A rifleman with the cut Assault Rifle and tan gear, and a shotgunner with the Combat Shotgun and black gear would suffice. Each would have enough health to be killed in 1-2 shotty blasts and have minor abilities like throwing time-fuse frag grenades, and might even try to duck or find cover to a degree in the open.

Later on they could start toting weapon mods like underbarrel mini-rocket launchers and whatnot. The existing UAC possessed with plasma rifles and shields would still exist around company grounds as slower but tougher counterparts.

The chaingunner equivalent could be a possessed UAC Elite Guard overflowing with tumor ridden muscle, toting a chaingun, super shotgun, or rocket launcher. They would be slow but quite powerful.

And just as a random note, I think it'd be funny if possessed civilians could sometimes fire EMG pistols inaccurately in the fashion of classic Zombiemen.

Agree. My document about possible possessed variants includes a possessed security guard that sometimes carries an EMG. I meant to send it to you.

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

Shotgun security should also get a paint job.  They look exactly like the normal ones.

That's what I hated about them, they just reused the same model. It's obvious they took the soldier, gave him slightly different coding, and made him a different NPC. Hell, the P-Sec's shotgun even "charges" up when he shoots.

- The Prowler and Harvester worked into NPC demons instead of being only player-controlled and multiplayer exclusive

- A "Cyber Hell Knight" that has the melee attacks and durability like its "normal" variant, but can also throw projectiles like the classic or DOOM 3 incarnations

- A 500 ft tall Icon of Sin

On 6/22/2018 at 11:29 PM, ATP2555 said:

Agree. My document about possible possessed variants includes a possessed security guard that sometimes carries an EMG. I meant to send it to you.

That's what I hated about them, they just reused the same model. It's obvious they took the soldier, gave him slightly different coding, and made him a different NPC. Hell, the P-Sec's shotgun even "charges" up when he shoots.

I don't seem to have gotten the doc, can you send it via PM? And you're right about how similar the security possessed looks. On that subject, he really should get a new name; "Possessed Riot Control", "Possessed Legionary", etc.- something to make it clear he's a shield using close-up enemy.

Check out the Doom Art book for possible new demons types.

You got the Gremlin - which appears to be a 4 legged spider like enemy.  Probably comes in hordes.

The Hell Gaurd (Twins) demonic concept art is amazing.  Really wish they stuck with this version instead of some boring Hell Golem that is fueled by a parasite.

There is a pretty cool baron concept that screams Bruiser which is massive fanged face and arms arms with a hunched over posture. 

On 6/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, Quadrops said:

I'd find D64 Nightmare imp and RoE Vulgar balance wise good addition to ordinary Imps. Just like HKs to Barons or SSG to Shotgun.

But why? I always was interested, what glory kills could be performed on them.

dude theyre fucking babies ಠ_ಠ

Something like a combination of these two images.  A demon (or even boss)/elemental construct completely surrounded by adamantine chain links that he can also swing as a weapon at a distance.  Can be something of a hellknight "alternative."

Just using my imagination...A demon surrounded by metal is pretty metal \m/

9af7684327d09cbd438cd22829a93ad1.jpg

238294.jpg

I'm aware that I've posted here before, but I want to add a bit more to my list of wanted enemies in Doom Eternal (Here's my older post for reference).

On 6/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, GamingMarine said:

I'd like to see most (If not all) of Doom 3's exclusive monsters. More specifically:

-Maggot

-Tick

-Trite

I'd also like to see some of the enemies from the RPG games. Especially the sawcubus.

Actually, fuck it. Why not just throw every enemy from the Doom franchise into Doom Eternal?

4 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

I'm aware that I've posted here before, but I want to add a bit more to my list of wanted enemies in Doom Eternal (Here's my older post for reference).

I'd also like to see some of the enemies from the RPG games. Especially the sawcubus.

Actually, fuck it. Why not just throw every enemy from the Doom franchise into Doom Eternal?

Just like Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

It would be pretty cool!

I mean, it's DooM Eternal so it should really follow its own name and make it feel like a neverending game full of every single monster the Doomguy has found on the franchise.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:26 PM, GamingMarine said:

Ticks and Trites are redundant.  I don't think we need to see BOTH of those.  But with one, we need the Vagary/Vore.

Can I post some pics from the art book?

Maybe if we had totally 'original' and challenging enemies which would be considered more like 'Major Demons'

What I refer to 'Major Demons' are creatures like Baphomet, which would resemble a much more advanced stage of the Baron of Hell. (Keeping some characteristics, maybe the head or the hooves.)

And Beelzebub, which most close 'descendant' would be the Pain Elementals and they'd be able to summon giant flies?

I think those enemies may be able to fit more like Bosses, though.

Birdman is the old Baron concept that got changed and demoted to the Hell Knight.

More light infantry. Shotgun and rifle zombies with torn brown uniform and light armor. I also would like if possessed speaked english through some distorted radio or something. Like Commandos from Doom 3 Alpha. Every monster in 2016 only hissed or speaked some demonic shit like Hellraizers. Would be a great contrast to actually hear some distorted screams like "get him!", I will drain your blood!" Or "Come and get it Doomslayer aaah!" But yeah. More infantry units and a lot of radio chatter!

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

More light infantry. Shotgun and rifle zombies with torn brown uniform and light armor. I also would like if possessed speaked english through some distorted radio or something. Like Commandos from Doom 3 Alpha. Every monster in 2016 only hissed or speaked some demonic shit like Hellraizers. Would be a great contrast to actually hear some distorted screams like "get him!", I will drain your blood!" Or "Come and get it Doomslayer aaah!" But yeah. More infantry units and a lot of radio chatter!

I totally agree (though I should note that a lot of the "demonic shit" spoken by Hellrazers and Possessed Soldiers is actually extremely distorted, almost totally unregisterable English; there was a thread about it a while back).

I would imagine that possessed light infantry would be Earth military forces; unlike the UAC, they don't wear power armor, and are thus fragile and easy to kill in combat. Unlike regular (civilian) possessed however, they make up for it with relatively fast movement, usage of light weaponry like burst rifles, combat shotguns, and frag grenades, and basic tactics such as finding cover. This would make them kinda similar to things like the HECU Marines or Combine Soldiers in terms of behavior; I think this one enemy type behaving in such a way would be an interesting combination with the less intelligent, more mobile demons, especially when you consider the player themselves are moving super fast and with lots of health.

To divide the the two types:

Possessed Light Rifleman

Wearing a damaged tan uniform with an armored vest, helmet, and elbow/kneepads, possessed light riflemen are equipped with a Burst Rifle (usable by regular humans due to its advanced lightweight construction and recoil-compensation mechanisms) and frag grenades like the player's. They use their radio to communicate with nearby possessed and can be heard speaking distorted yet legible English with a variety of reactions (taunting the player, confidence when winning, idle interactions with demons/other possessed, and panic when losing the fight). In combat, they move moderately fast, have about 1-2 shotty blast's worth of health, and make informed use of cover, falling back or crouching when they have none, trying to maintain some distance to the player.

Possessed Light Shotgunner

Unlike the heavy shield/energy shotgun using UAC Possessed Security, these black-uniformed zombies are equipped similarly to the light riflemen, but with a Combat Shotgun instead of a Burst Rifle. Like the riflemen, they use their radio to communicate and make use of basic tactics in combat, but do not cautiously hang back and open fire; rather, they try to rush toward the player and blast them with a combat shotgun, trying to flank around or find unseen paths to you when they can given that they are no more durable than their light riflemen counterparts.

3 hours ago, Rifle Infantry said:

I totally agree (though I should note that a lot of the "demonic shit" spoken by Hellrazers and Possessed Soldiers is actually extremely distorted, almost totally unregisterable English; there was a thread about it a while back).

I would imagine that possessed light infantry would be Earth military forces; unlike the UAC, they don't wear power armor, and are thus fragile and easy to kill in combat. Unlike regular (civilian) possessed however, they make up for it with relatively fast movement, usage of light weaponry like burst rifles, combat shotguns, and frag grenades, and basic tactics such as finding cover. This would make them kinda similar to things like the HECU Marines or Combine Soldiers in terms of behavior; I think this one enemy type behaving in such a way would be an interesting combination with the less intelligent, more mobile demons, especially when you consider the player themselves are moving super fast and with lots of health.

To divide the the two types:

Possessed Light Rifleman

Wearing a damaged tan uniform with an armored vest, helmet, and elbow/kneepads, possessed light riflemen are equipped with a Burst Rifle (usable by regular humans due to its advanced lightweight construction and recoil-compensation mechanisms) and frag grenades like the player's. They use their radio to communicate with nearby possessed and can be heard speaking distorted yet legible English with a variety of reactions (taunting the player, confidence when winning, idle interactions with demons/other possessed, and panic when losing the fight). In combat, they move moderately fast, have about 1-2 shotty blast's worth of health, and make informed use of cover, falling back or crouching when they have none, trying to maintain some distance to the player.

Possessed Light Shotgunner

Unlike the heavy shield/energy shotgun using UAC Possessed Security, these black-uniformed zombies are equipped similarly to the light riflemen, but with a Combat Shotgun instead of a Burst Rifle. Like the riflemen, they use their radio to communicate and make use of basic tactics in combat, but do not cautiously hang back and open fire; rather, they try to rush toward the player and blast them with a combat shotgun, trying to flank around or find unseen paths to you when they can given that they are no more durable than their light riflemen counterparts.

It would be awesome if light infantry zombies could pull out a grenade and rush at you kamakazi style. Making them easy to kill but still able to force the player to quickly change position in the heat of a battle. 

As enemy type concepts can go, whatever i said here:

But also, something to do with projectiles spinning/circulating around some enemy like planets/moons and they unleash them like multi directional projectiles. (something similar to one of D64 Mother demon's attacks that could work with the Pain Elemental in Eternal)

Or even a shape shifter species that switches between enemy types so they're multiple enemy types in one. (like one of Beyond Reality's enemies)

12 hours ago, TheAncientOrder said:

I hope Hell Guards come back as recurring enemies, could use a reskin though. 

You know how 2016's Mancubus was "organic" and not really a cyborg?

Maybe an alternate Hell Guard design could be an actual metal/tech mech suit in some Hellish aesthetic (spikes, horns, chains, flesh, pentagrams/sigils) that is still piloted by a demonic worm but their staff and mace are more "medieval fantasy" looking.

So the design is more demonic (with maybe some tech) and less alien/chitin/WoW like, kinda?

Also, have the worms attack on their own when their armor mech dies or something.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, MetroidJunkie said:

Come to think of it, isn't the Icon of Sin in 2016's lore stated to be the Doom Slayer's half demon son? Imagine if he got his own version of the Praetor Suit and the two had to duke it out as equals, that could be interesting to see.

The son of the betrayer is the marauder