Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FractalXX

[RELEASED] Gridlock - A community project (maps aligned to the 64 units grid)

As of now, the compilation is considered released.

Edited the OP, added a text file for the /idgames submission later.

I'd like everyone to check the text if anything's missing or I forgot to mention someone.

On 22.12.2017 at 8:07 PM, FractalXX said:

I'd officially announce it, if the project was discontinued. It's not.

I'm still here, even though my free time is just a few.

Actually, I was waiting if anyone wants to change anything in their maps, or if there was anything that had to be fixed.

I think it's time to release the project, officially.

Very good to see a message from you. With the final release, no need to hurry, now we need to re-take all the levels.

I didn't send it yet because I'm waiting for feedback in case I left out someone/something from the description.

Also, even when I send it, it'll take a while until it finally appears on the archives.

Just now, FractalXX said:

I didn't send it yet because I'm waiting for feedback in case I left out someone/something from the description.

Also, even when I send it, it'll take a while until it finally appears on the archives.

When you do send it to the archives, my recommendation would be e-mail the people who maintain the archives and notify them that you uploaded your wad file immediately after you send it to speed up the process.

1 minute ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

When you do send it to the archives, my recommendation would be e-mail the people who maintain the archives and notify them that you uploaded your wad file immediately after you send it to speed up the process.

I will.

I dunno.

But if it is it's probably just better to make a separate thread that talks about the finished project, some screenies, and the download instead of this mess.

1 hour ago, Empyre said:

@mArt1And00m3r11339 When I saw that you had a playlist of you playing these maps, I was hoping t see you play my map, MAP17, Hellkeep.

I'll get to that eventually. I just finished my huge slaughter level and I have a 6.5 hour video up on my YouTube channel. The level is a sequel to Oreo Cake Massacre and is titled Carrot Cake Massacre.

I remember liking OCM (with my OPWeapons), but I didn't know that it had a sequel.

EDIT: Oh, you just finished making it, not just playing it!

Edited by Empyre

Thank you! I enjoy watching people explore my maps, seeing it through their eyes.

I like the custom sounds. The only problem is the sky is supposed to be a Hell sky. The red and black make a great color scheme and fits the hellish ambiance.

Hello!

I found a "bug" in map 23. The lift right at the top of the snaky platform with imps cannot be used in PR(GL)Boom+ complevel 9. Casually, it works correctly in ZDoom, thus it's a zdoom-something in a Boom compatible project that needs to be fixed imo. All of the previous maps so far worked absolutely fine, as far as I could see.

Nice playlist there. I'll watch your playthrough of my map later.

I'll try to get this up on /idgames after I look into the bug mentioned above.

Thanks for the notification.

Great to see after a lot of inactivity the project is nearing its final release.

Here are a few issues for coop/survival gameplay found with the help of tnswutil:

- MAP03 and MAP15 have nodes in extended format even though there's no need for that. ZDaemon doesn't support extended format so the maps can't be played in it.

- These maps don't have any player 2-4 starts:
04, 07, 09, 13, 14, 16, 19, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29

Full output from tnswutil:

$ tnswutil -c coopstarts -w sixtyfourv41.wad
---MAP01 1 1 1 1
---MAP02 1 1 1 1
---MAP03 1 1 1 1
---MAP04 1 0 0 0
---MAP05 1 1 1 1
---MAP06 2 1 1 1
---MAP07 1 0 0 0
---MAP08 1 1 1 1