Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apaul27

What did you remember from Toys 'Я' Us?

Did you go to Toys 'Я' Us, at least once?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Did you go to Toys 'Я' Us, at least once?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What did you feel when you hear that Toys 'Я' Us is ending?

• Mad
    • Sad
    • Both
    • Other (Any feelings will do.)

Where I live there's an independent toy store in the neighbouring town. It's really the only place where I buy such things when I need them. They got an excellent selection and their prices are mostly competetive with the internet.

I really can't say I have any feelings when some large chain goes down. I'd feel sad if that abovementioned store had to close because of market pressure by these giants.

I remember getting my parents to take me when we were in town but we never really bought anything.

Yes... lusting after those Sega Master System games behind the glass...

On 7/2/2018 at 1:09 AM, Jim Greezy said:

big in the UK as well 

"There's millions, says Geoffrey, all under one roof"

The last time I remember being in a Toys R Us, I was fawning over the Nintendo 64. I grew out of most toys after that, so I never really went to one again.

As for how I feel...not much of anything. Even as a kid they weren’t the best toy store near me (I randomly found out my favorite in my old town went out of business about a decade ago... that made me sad) and it’s not like there aren’t plenty of alternatives.

I got good memories in my Toys R Us, I got my Gameboy Advance that actually came with Wario Land 4, WWF Road to Wrestlemania and somehow, Doom. I also ended up getting an awful lot of Lego too, inlcuding one a set I tried to get my dad to help me get from eBay. Another memory is coming in just to have a lightsabre fight with someone from school. The last time I brought something there were actually a couple of Nerf Guns which was approx a year before it closed it's doors. It sucks even more I have to cycle past it to get to work.

I distinctly remember us always passing it by in the car because we were too poor.