Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

All cyberdemons on platforms are invisible in PrBoom+ like this pic below:

283448797_QQ20180829141645.jpg.79651b7382eb1efc2cee1a8a008d24cf.jpg

Also some enemies cannot teleport in, like this arachnotron.

1425903015_QQ20180902091243.jpg.aa5cf9d21712389d3d1273715d156430.jpg

Is TNT Revilution compatible with actual vanilla TNT, or was it meant to work with PrBoom+? It looks like it's getting stuck on "P_Init: Init Playloop state", even with Doom2+.

15 minutes ago, Anonymous3000 said:

Is TNT Revilution compatible with actual vanilla TNT, or was it meant to work with PrBoom+? It looks like it's getting stuck on "P_Init: Init Playloop state", even with Doom2+.

That's weird, it seems to work on everything except Chocolate Doom for me.

It works on everything especially in Chocolate Doom but you might want disable savegame and demo limits and set -gameversion to final for normal playthrough or final2 if you want "id Anthology" compability since it's the fixed version on ex. GOG release.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, FearTheReaper said:

It works on everything especially in Chocolate Doom but you might want disable savegame and demo limits and set -gameversion to final for normal playthrough or final2 if you want "id Anthology" compability since it's the fixed version on ex. GOG release.

I have tried it with Final Doom on DosBox and it printed the error I posted above.

13 hours ago, Anonymous3000 said:

I have tried it with Final Doom on DosBox and it printed the error I posted above.

In case of original DOSBOX you still need to merge both main file and .deh with tnt.wad, simple -file will not work or will cause error. Similar thing happens with several megawads like Perdition's Gate or Eternal Doom 3 even if they don't have .deh

http://www.gamers.org/addons/utils/deutex

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/exl/whacked4/

Edited by FearTheReaper

Hey mappers, just this week TNT: Revilution has hit a new milestone. Last Tuesday @lirui1001 made a UV Max demo of Map 19. With that all maps of Revilution now have demos recorded for them. You can check out all of the Revilution demos here, there's 96 in total! http://doomedsda.us/wad2954.html I'd like to give a big thank you to all of the players who have recorded Demos for Revilution so far, they have all been a joy to watch :)

I'm in map21, entering final chapter of TNT: Revilution...

...guys, in HMP it is a little hard, but playing in HNTR its totally feel like something team TNT would do.
Congratulation!
This wad is outstanding so far, i'm enjoying it too much, maybe, because i spend an hour in map12: Transduction, just looking at the details.
When i saw the blood writed door, Kill Us... WOW! My head goes boom with this mapset.
The little review at the cacowards didn't make this megawad justice. I don't understand how this only come as a runner-up in 2017, for me, this mapset is even better to some that earned a Cacoward...

...but well, who am I.

Sorry to bump this, but it has come to my attention that while doing solo-net attempts for Map 28, the red key trap breaks in solo-net but works in normal skill levels.

Is there any plans to fix this and some other things that have been highlighted, I know it would be a pain for demo purposes but some maps are just broken in solo-net with Map 28 being the best example.

13 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Is there any plans to fix this and some other things that have been highlighted, I know it would be a pain for demo purposes but some maps are just broken in solo-net with Map 28 being the best example.

No.

I just finished this marvelous work, guys.
You really did a great job with this wad.

Now i hope every other wad out there has the deep inmersive storytelling as this wad.
The last level was amazing indeed. I really loved it all.
Special mention to the soundtrack. There is no track that perfectly fits the map any better.

Kudos to all!
Thanks for this amazing megawad!

Edited by P41R47

It always janked me wrong way, was this ever intentional or just simple mapping error? I mean multiple former humans in the same spot like legion to kill that can't move (screen doesn't show it in motion, exit area, Fortress of Bullets) - last idgames released version.

zomblegion.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is intentional. It's a joke.

In ZDoom where stuck monsters are allowed to move if the move they attempt gets them unstuck, they all "flow" out of each other in a funny way.

lol I played that yesterday and it made me laugh especially since i played with gzdoom and they could all flow out of that spot. It was unexpected. I was like where could those last 10 kills be. That whole level is woops I accidentally a hitscanner literally everywhere. Fun stuff.

10 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

It always janked me wrong way, was this ever intentional or just simple mapping error?

Intentional. I liked how many early wads had terrible exit switch guardians (a single imp? Really?), so I decide to play with the formula a little bit.

41 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Intentional. I liked how many early wads had terrible exit switch guardians (a single imp? Really?), so I decide to play with the formula a little bit.

This is especially hilarious in source ports that allow enemies to move even when in the same spot. As soon as you start firing, the single zombieman suddenly explodes into a battalion, it's absolutely amazing.

Edit: I'm basically reiterating what Gez and guydude said earlier

I was listening to TNT: Revilution's soundtrack and something just come to my mind while i was experimenting an eargasm.
Are there unused music tracks from this project?
IT would be cool to listen some more tracks.

Playing in combo with "Complex DOOM" (without add-ons) + texture pack. ZDoom. Stuck on the MAP05, "Graveyard Shift". How to get blue key here? I've used the switch near by, but it doesn't do anything, or I can't get what specificly it do.

Update: solved. You need to press grey panel. Marked on the screen.

Map_05.png

Map_05_solution.png

Update #2. MAP07. Another hidden switch.

Map_07_solution.png

At my point - weird / bad choice to do such onces. By other hand perhabs I've texture glitch around in case upscale pack I've used. But other switches seems to work fine.

Edited by UnknDoomer

2 hours ago, UnknDoomer said:

At my point - weird / bad choice to do such onces. By other hand perhabs I've texture glitch around in case upscale pack I've used. But other switches seems to work fine.

Some IWAD textures were replaced in TNT Revilution to add more switches & animated textures, but not all of them. Your use of a custom texture pack is conflicting with the replaced IWAD textures in Revilution which is causing you problems.

Okey. Turned it off.

Another question. Stuck on the MAP10. Last thing - switched switch from the screen. Has blue and yellow keys. No idea where to go now. Can't enter to outside area.

Map_10.png

Edited by UnknDoomer

42 minutes ago, UnknDoomer said:

Okey. Turned it off.

Another question. Stuck on the MAP10. Last thing - switched switch from the screen. Has blue and yellow keys. No idea where to go now. Can't enter to outside area.

Been awhile since I played it, but if I remember correctly you need to go back to the start of the map then drop down (between the left and right path you'll see a gap) to get outside. Outside you'll see two very dark caves, drop down into them and you can continue from there.

Like I said, it's been awhile and I might be getting it mixed up with a different map...or a different section of the map. But it's worth a try.

you need to go back to the start of the map then drop down (between the left and right path you'll see a gap) to get outside.

Half true. The is an elevator in the center of the map about which I've forget about. If you go down on it - you will see that block was removed and it's now access available to outside. There you can find an dark entrance in big cave with a lot of pinkies. Later, after you got the red skull, better run out from there to the elevator near by and go back again to kill monsters by main entrance.

Behind the red door, perhabs, also available exit to the secret level, but I don't get how to get near the switch. So used teleport to level 11.

BTW. In case of PROS/COTRAS. Finished first episode and some other maps. On MAP11 didn't find blue key which, I guess, leads after all to secret level, instead of that I got to the ship.

Pros:

1. + MAP012 (Transduction), MAP013 (Hangsman's Curse), MAP014 (Abandoned Port), MAP015. (Nukage Zone), MAP017 (Spider Colony), MAP020 (Portal Facility), MAP24 (ЯƎᗡЯUM) - great design and sounding.

2. + MAP016 (Devil's Den), maze, Hexen like style, but good one. If you solve one complex puzzle - you can get the BFG.

3. * MAP019 has first cyberdemon on it.

4. + Can be played fine in combo of Complex Doom.

Contras:

- 1. MAP010 as example. Has like up close to 300 monsters. You can call that I prefer more 90's like style gameplay, not today "shoot and run" between tonns of enemies, in which for many mods and maps stays today (Brutal, Guncaster, ...), still. I think it's too much.

(?) *. I'm playing on "Hurt me plenty". Perhabs it is a matter of "Complex DOOM", still. In case med-packs thing works fine, but in case of ammunition - you never you feel that there are not enough cartridges or so. I.e. difficult has no mention in that case. Monsters still kill you very fast, in case of what Complex represent, but it doesn't stick to things of weapons.

(?) *. MAP015. (Nukage Zone). If you use this teleport you will get into the trap. You can grab the chainsaw, but there is no exit from this location in case tower with chainsaw is always going down. Unless you will get the ammo pack first using another teleport - in that case there will be teleport in the location. Perhabs I missed that one before, when using switch, but seems to it's not working in first case.

The_trap.png

Edited by UnknDoomer