Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Exomoon Megawad [Director's Cut Release 3]

Something very strange happened in map01, but I struggled to recreate it afterward. After taking the teleporter on the right near the start, I fired the super shotgun at an aracnorb while falling from the platform I got the SSG from, and I heard the Icon of Sin death sound, complete with the level ending. I was using the Eternity Engine and vsmooth, which should only affect the weapons. When trying to recreate this the aracnorbs died normally, and when I looked at the full map with sprites in GZDoom I couldn't see a Romero head anywhere, so I'm quite confused.

Thanks @leodoom85! :D

39 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Something very strange happened in map01, but I struggled to recreate it afterward. After taking the teleporter on the right near the start, I fired the super shotgun at an aracnorb while falling from the platform I got the SSG from, and I heard the Icon of Sin death sound, complete with the level ending. I was using the Eternity Engine and vsmooth, which should only affect the weapons. When trying to recreate this the aracnorbs died normally, and when I looked at the full map with sprites in GZDoom I couldn't see a Romero head anywhere, so I'm quite confused.

hmmm weird. It might be something related to dehacked. There's no romero's head in this wad, although one of the new enemies shares his scream >.< I also haven't tested in Eternity Engine, so it could've been something related to it (instead of the mod).

Let me know if it happens again

Edited by Deadwing

Looks pretty great! Congratulations on the release!

Moonblood was a dang good map-set and I can't wait to try this one out...

There's seems to be a problem with the wad archives, both current and older releases. I can't open them in either WinRAR or 7-Zip.

The warning in WinRAR reads that the archives are either damaged or an unknown format. This problem might be specific to me, but I'll come back to it later.

Congrats on the release! I liked Moonblood and I'm looking to forward to playing this.

3 minutes ago, Swalzi said:

There's seems to be a problem with the wad archives, both current and older releases. I can't open them in either WinRAR or 7-Zip.

The warning in WinRAR reads that the archives are either damaged or an unknown format. This problem might be specific to me, but I'll come back to it later.

Congrats on the release! I liked Moonblood and I'm looking to forward to playing this.

Ugh, that's weird >.<

I added an unziped versions of both files:

Wad: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lktggybe008hef2/exomoon-1.5.wad

Mp3 Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vd99dxe7sjdnyzs/exomoon-mp3.wad

Both have larger sizes but hopefully it will work fine

6 hours ago, Deadwing said:

- You can download the sountrack here: You can download the sountrack here:

This line should be fixed in description, unless it was intentional ;)

17 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

This line should be fixed in description, unless it was intentional ;)

lol thanks, It's fixed :P

Congrats on the release. I haven't read the whole info before playing the first map. I feel the difficulty exactly between Plutonia and Valiant. Then I found out you said it ;P

I'm not a big fan of custom monsters, but I really like the atmosphere, so I'll definitely continue playing the whole set. Thanks for the effort. I'll put more stuff here as I'm playing through the set.

30 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Congrats on the release. I haven't read the whole info before playing the first map. I feel the difficulty exactly between Plutonia and Valiant. Then I found out you said it ;P

I'm not a big fan of custom monsters, but I really like the atmosphere, so I'll definitely continue playing the whole set. Thanks for the effort. I'll put more stuff here as I'm playing through the set.

Thanks a lot!

Most of monsters replacements are just slighty status changes (usually less hp) from the original besteriary, with the exception of bosses and one replacement which appears later on. Hopefully they won't distract from being a Doom experience, though!

Looks awesome! Before I started playing, I noticed some flaws with the included text file (they're all nit picks).

Advanced engine needed  : PrBoom -cl 11

I know what you mean by "-cl 11", but someone new to the Doom modding scene wouldn't. I would recommend changing it to "-complevel 11", or just "CL11" to make it clear that "-cl" is not a valid command line parameter.

Title                   : Exommon

Should be "Exomoon".

It has been tested on zdoom 2.8 and prboom 2.5.1.3.

For consistency, you should change "zdoom" to "ZDoom", and "prboom" to "PrBoom". It should also be noted that the final version of PrBoom was 2.5.0. I believe that you were referring to PrBoom+ (which does have a version 2.5.1.3).

As an emergencial measure, the

"emergencial" should just be "emergency".

Tested With             : ZDoom 2.80, PrBoom-2.5.1.3

Two issues here. The first one I mentioned before, PrBoom should be PrBoom+. The second is a formatting inconsistency. You use a space to separate ZDoom from its version number, but then use a hyphen to separate PrBoom from its version number. I recommend replacing the hyphen with a space, but, no matter how you do it, the most important part is that you stay consistent.

Authors (MAY/may NOT) use the contents of this file as a base for

Pick one.

@DeadwingAs far as I'm not speedrunning maps, custom monsters should not be that bad.

Finished the first 2 maps. This WAD triggers my "ruins fetish", so I must play this! Overall, the difficulty is very enjoyable to me with some spicy situations. For example, the starting area and the Red Skull trap of Map02. I really enjoy the scenes and like to wander around in the ruins while I'm playing.

General:

- The Arachnorbs has like 300 HP? It's pretty dangerous overall since you can't kill it with one full SSG blast or one rocket and they have different HP from Valiant, I think.

- I feel the Lost Soul got swag and the sprite moves left and right frequently. I don't feel they do this in the original sprite, or I'm just imagining things?

Map01:

- It seems one of the secret can't be accessed if you take the "wrong" teleporter at the beginning?

Map02:

- Intermission title capitalization (Oh god... seeing the post above, I feel bad to point out this.)

- I think the exit can be more obvious. I'm imaging maybe someone didn't go into where the Imp stands and wasted like 30 minutes ;P

30 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@DeadwingAs far as I'm not speedrunning maps, custom monsters should not be that bad.

Finished the first 2 maps. This WAD triggers my "ruins fetish", so I must play this! Overall, the difficulty is very enjoyable to me with some spicy situations. For example, the starting area and the Red Skull trap of Map02. I really enjoy the scenes and like to wander around in the ruins while I'm playing.

General:

- The Arachnorbs has like 300 HP? It's pretty dangerous overall since you can't kill it with one full SSG blast or one rocket and they have different HP from Valiant, I think.

- I feel the Lost Soul got swag and the sprite moves left and right frequently. I don't feel they do this in the original sprite, or I'm just imagining things?

Map01:

- It seems one of the secret can't be accessed if you take the "wrong" teleporter at the beginning?

Map02:

- Intermission title capitalization (Oh god... seeing the post above, I feel bad to point out this.)

- I think the exit can be more obvious. I'm imaging maybe someone didn't go into where the Imp stands and wasted like 30 minutes ;P

Glad to know you've enjoyed so far! :D

The arachnorbs have 250 HP. They actually are just a replacement for the Cacodemon, with less HP and faster firing projectile. As for the Lost Soul, I do know what you're saying, although I've thought the original was like this too. I'll take a look and see what's happening haha.

In Map01, you can access both secrets from any moment in the level. You can access the initial area by accessing one of the closets in the fight where you get the key (I guess it's blue key). About map 02, you say being more obvious the entrance to the exit?

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

They actually are just a replacement for the Cacodemon

...replacement for the Cacodemon

= No cacodemons

*cries in spanish*

Anyways, congrats on the release! Will give it a quick try and play seriously anytime soon, where "soon" means "whenever I get over the absence of cacos". (:

Double post yay!

Loved it, well the first map, on SP aka UV after a couple deaths, glorious shotgunners are back! Seems like difficulty is going to be relatively high, considering the monster placement is up to optimal conditions (what I mean is they all hurt as hell). Second map wrecked me, after running away from everything without control, still caught all the hitscan and manc's fireballs, that's where I stopped because this was just testing. 

I noticed the hud looks a bit different from what I sent you, did you make any changes to the playpal? Also, lost souls do act very weird like Garrett said above. 

Seems awesome so far even though no cacos is very sad. The flow is phenomenal: I can just run around without thinking much and keep finding new monsters and ammo, never getting too confused and always eventually returning to the old locations in natural ways. It just feels very good to progress through these maps because everything is so organic and it simply works. I think Map03 had some inconsistent nukage (only sometimes damaging), didn't notice any problems otherwise. Also the music is fantastic, very funky and motivating. Here is a few demos, I'll probably record more later:

exomoon-15_01-03_mem_FDA.zip

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

*cries in spanish*

Anyways, congrats on the release! Will give it a quick try and play seriously anytime soon, where "soon" means "whenever I get over the absence of cacos". (:

Initially I just wanted to select some different Cacodemon skin, but then I've found that the arachnob would do the same and not just be some cacodemon with different color D: Sorry for their absence! haha

52 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Double post yay!

Loved it, well the first map, on SP aka UV after a couple deaths, glorious shotgunners are back! Seems like difficulty is going to be relatively high, considering the monster placement is up to optimal conditions (what I mean is they all hurt as hell). Second map wrecked me, after running away from everything without control, still caught all the hitscan and manc's fireballs, that's where I stopped because this was just testing. 

I noticed the hud looks a bit different from what I sent you, did you make any changes to the playpal? Also, lost souls do act very weird like Garrett said above. 

Nice! The statusbar is the same as the original, I haven't changed it :D (I've imported it from XWE, so this might explain a bit? I'll investigate a bit)
I'll also look into the lost soul behavior!

18 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Seems awesome so far even though no cacos is very sad. The flow is phenomenal: I can just run around without thinking much and keep finding new monsters and ammo, never getting too confused and always eventually returning to the old locations in natural ways. It just feels very good to progress through these maps because everything is so organic and it simply works. I think Map03 had some inconsistent nukage (only sometimes damaging), didn't notice any problems otherwise. Also the music is fantastic, very funky and motivating. Here is a few demos, I'll probably record more later:

exomoon-15_01-03_mem_FDA.zip

Awesome! Glad to know things are working well! There is indeed a pool of nukage that isn't dealing damage in map 3 >.< I'll fix it!
Thanks a lot for the demos, Memfis!

Holy crap, it's like The Summer Of The Frickin' Megawad or something.

Congrats on the release, my dude! Lemme add it to the list...

On 8/1/2018 at 9:18 AM, Deadwing said:

unzipped versions

Thanks for providing this! I still couldn't get the v1.5 RAR archive to open but I think I'm the only one in the thread affected by this. Maybe I need to find another archive opening program.

I've been having a blast with this megawad on UV Difficulty! I just finished map10 and it's probably my favorite map so far along with the soundtrack. It blends so well with the pacing of the map.

Fast paced mapset with a plentiful amount of ammunition. I highly recommend this megawad for anyone who likes run and gun combat. Great OST too!

5 hours ago, Swalzi said:

Thanks for providing this! I still couldn't get the v1.5 RAR archive to open but I think I'm the only one in the thread affected by this. Maybe I need to find another archive opening program.

I've been having a blast with this megawad on UV Difficulty! I just finished map10 and it's probably my favorite map so far along with the soundtrack. It blends so well with the pacing of the map.

Fast paced mapset with a plentiful amount of ammunition. I highly recommend this megawad for anyone who likes run and gun combat. Great OST too!

Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying the levels (also the songs too) so far! I hope you also enjoy the second half of this!

On 8/2/2018 at 2:34 AM, Salt-Man Z said:

Holy crap, it's like The Summer Of The Frickin' Megawad or something.

Congrats on the release, my dude! Lemme add it to the list...

Yeah, maybe I should have waited more before releasing this =x

Some people probably won't play this or other material due to so many good stuff released lately...

Here's a hotfix for the stuff you guys have pointed out:

- Fixed Statusbar colors (thanks @galileo31dos01 for pointing that, it looks a lot better now!)

- Fixed Lost Soul weird behavior

- Several text file fixes pointed out by Jayman and myst.haruko

- Map 1: Trap will always be triggered when getting the key.

- Map 3: Added sounblock in the lift to the blue key area.

- Map 3: Added cheese-proof line in the arachnotron setpiece in the north area.

- Map 3: Fixed non-damaging nukage.

- Map 4: Fixed doortrack texture in the doors of the first building (also door-ceiling textures)

RAR: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7yarmcn1sj4klf0/exomoon-1.5.1.rar/file

Wad (in case the rar doesn't works): http://www.mediafire.com/file/g71uxpc49652gz7/exomoon-1.5.1.wad/file

Fdas for the first 13 maps, recorded with the first version : exomoon_gaspe_fdas_1.zip

For MAP11 isn't a real fda until the YK ambush, I quitted rather early the first time but I wanted to give another try.

Glad to see someone else giving some love to Mano Laikas, some stuff look really inspired by it. I like the setting of the maps and good job for the custom music. I have some mixed feelings on the maps, I took me a while to get accustomed to the chaotic parts but in the end they are enjoyable. I don't like that often there are sniping monsters very far, especially hitscanner that can hit you; and I loathed the parts with the cyberdemons (MAP07, MAP10 BK area, MAP11 finale).

The custom monsters were nice, the arachnorb is more sneaky than the cacodemon. The wobbling lost souls are very funny I would keep them in that way, I noticed that they have also less hp since you can kill them with 1 SG shot but it isn't very reliable, maybe you can lower the health a bit more. A few times I saw FLAT20 used on some closet door, it can be replaced with something more fitting and on MAP06 the MIDSPACE texture is used one time but again it doesn't fit with the rest of the scenery. Personally I'm not fan of the arrows on the maps.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the fdas, @gaspe

I will take a look at them and see what happened regarding snipers or the cyberdemons >.< Thanks for pointing out the misplaced textures!

So, unfortunately I haven't played this yet, but I saw a short video on YouTube. There I noticed the soundtrack and wanted to download that MP3 pack. Yet, I can't open it in winRAR. Did it work for anybody else? I downloaded twice, just to make sure, but to no avail.

32 minutes ago, elend said:

So, unfortunately I haven't played this yet, but I saw a short video on YouTube. There I noticed the soundtrack and wanted to download that MP3 pack. Yet, I can't open it in winRAR. Did it work for anybody else? I downloaded twice, just to make sure, but to no avail.

Try downloading the unziped version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vd99dxe7sjdnyzs/exomoon-mp3.wad