Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wheresthebeef

Gameplay reveal August 10th

Have both you and Game Informer been living under a rock? We've known this for almost two months. The date is literally the first thing they said after showing the teaser. And how are people still questioning the exclusivity? It's been said, confirmed and reconfirmed a hundred times that the whole thing will be livestreamed for everyone.

The real question is.  Will it just be a gameplay trailer or something like we saw at E3 2015?

Edited by Zemini

On 7/31/2018 at 10:52 PM, Zemini said:

Will it just be a gameplay trailer or something like we saw at E3 1015?

Damn, that was a LONG time ago...

3 hours ago, Zemini said:

The real question is.  Will it just be a gameplay trailer or something like we saw at E3 2015?

Actually, this seems like a more valid  question to ask rather than ask about something almost everyone knew about the day it was announced. 

13 hours ago, Touchdown said:

Have both you and Game Informer been living under a rock? We've known this for almost two months. The date is literally the first thing they said after showing the teaser. And how are people still questioning the exclusivity? It's been said, confirmed and reconfirmed a hundred times that the whole thing will be livestreamed for everyone.

Fudge; I think I had a brainfart and forgot the specific date was announced. I saw the GameInformer article and assumed the actual date was new news.

Forgive me!

He said that DOOM Eternal would have been a 'behind closed doors' presentation but it'll be public because they don't want to piss people off.

That rubs me the wrong way and makes me think they're forcing this reveal too early. Let's be honest, the whole Bethesda E3 was just a massive fan service without much substance. They announced Starfield just to end the speculations - there's not a single screenshot or a piece of info and it doesn't seem like there will be for a long time. TES6 was an even bigger joke - once again an announcement just to please TES fanatics so that they know it's coming, even thought it's in a freaking pre-production... that teaser was likely the only thing they made for it so far and this game ain't coming for many years.

It's like they wanted to please everyone despite not having anything substantial to show. And it worked because people are naive but this reeks of a desperate attempt to get as much positive feedback as possible.

I've always been saying it's not too early for a new DOOM game but if this is something they're forcing to please the fans then I don't like it. Hope that's not the case.

I wouldn't worry about that affecting Doom; wasn't Doom 2016's restart only a couple years before it released?

They are at a better position now because they have the foundation already completed and can now just iterate and improve on it. This also isn't the id of yesteryear that would take its time creating games.

It's no surprise that Doom 16 was Bethesda/Zenimax's best selling game that wasn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls, so I can see them wanting a sequel made immediately but not necessarily rushing it.

Then again, New Colossus felt a bit unpolished at launch.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Touchdown said:

TES6 was an even bigger joke - once again an announcement just to please TES fanatics so that they know it's coming, even thought it's in a freaking pre-production... that teaser was likely the only thing they made for it so far and this game ain't coming for many years.

True, I feel that TES6 was announced just to finally shoot down the rumors surrounding the game and whether it's ever coming out or not.

Still, I wouldn't say we won't see the game for a long time. It's definitely not coming in 2019 but 2020 or 2021? That sounds reasonable to me.

On 8/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Touchdown said:

He said that DOOM Eternal would have been a 'behind closed doors' presentation but it'll be public because they don't want to piss people off.

That rubs me the wrong way and makes me think they're forcing this reveal too early.

I've always been saying it's not too early for a new DOOM game but if this is something they're forcing to please the fans then I don't like it. Hope that's not the case.

I mean it could very well be the case but I don't really see anything about his statement that implies they are forcing the reveal?

Doom 2016's behind closed doors reveal was controlled and used to build hype after the development woes, making it public could simply be the result of" Hey Doom 2016 was surprisingly popular" or it could even be id is confident to show what they have.

I mean it's possible they are forcing it, but do you really think they would be willing to show something disappointing and have so many people see it? I mean the Doom Eternal reveal has 12 million views.

I doubt beth/zeni would be willing to show off something early when they are expecting such a big turnout

I'm not saying they're rushing the development, I'm speculating they're rushing the reveal. For instance if this game is not coming in 2019 then showing it now is stupid. Just as stupid as announcing TES6 and Starfield even though those games won't be out for years.

Oh shit.. Four days to go!!!!

This one just sideswiped me outta nowhere. The hype is real for me now though.

On 8/5/2018 at 1:50 PM, Touchdown said:

For instance if this game is not coming in 2019 then showing it now is stupid.

Not necessarily, perhaps they're just looking for plenty of feedback.

I'll be attending and plan to shoot video. I want to get some interviews with fans and talk about what id reveals.

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

I'll be attending and plan to shoot video. I want to get some interviews with fans and talk about what id reveals.

It would be cool if you could interview the developers on behalf of Doomworld.

severely doubt any of the devs would have the time to do such a thing, but if any of them are willing to spare a moment, it would be really cool!

EDIT: Trying to score an interview with Andrew Hulschult. He's attending and seems open to a doing a little Q&A.

Edited by GoatLord