Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrisVR

Doom 2 in VR with custom mods

Hi! I have recorder a few short gameplays with me trying out the new Doom VR version with touch controllers support!

Feels cool, but it needs to be vastly improved. Looking forward for future updates!

It does work, and it works surprisingly well!

Personally this is the future of Doom for me. PCs are way too overpowered to play such a simple game.. but imagine this on mobile VR platform. Mind blown.

nothing really out of the box, you could bind snap turning and slow down the player.

maybe there is a mod for teleportation. but i haven't look personally. i prefer smooth locomotion onward-style.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, ChrisVR said:

It does work, and it works surprisingly well!

How can a 2 dimensional game work well in VR???  This I must look into.

It's impressive. Much more immersive using the Touch controllers, and the latest release with voxel weapons is a huge improvement over the previous sprite-based method.

I highly recommend giving it a try if you have the hardware. The original Doom maps, even starting with E1M1, become an entirely new experience. I found E2M4 is especially good in VR.

VR is being in the game. Playing in a screen, no matter if you have 19 or 69 inches display does not even compare. VR is natural, and Doom although old still works perfectly good in vr. You can feel the scale of environment, and even 2D sprites can bring your hearth rate higher. Having a good 3D audio sorry furthers improve immersion

lol, i just got banned from official zdoom forum for being too enthusiastic about vr, in a thread of doom for oculus vr.

these people are so delusional, and quickly dismiss vr without even trying it.

typical oldschool doom neckbeards?

Oculus Quest all-in-one headset with 2 6dof controllers has been announced few days ago, shipping in Spring 2019 for $399.

I'm hoping that more developers will look into Doom for mobile once it's out.

24 minutes ago, ChrisVR said:

typical oldschool doom neckbeards?

You do know what Doomworld is made up of right...

Probably the similar crowd, but I haven't noticed here love-for-oldschool-only as much as on zdoom forum.

People here seem to be more open minded about Doom possibilities.