Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomarineactivated

Why dies the Doom Slayers Praetor Suit have company markings on it?

Because during the final stages of development, the creators changed the story and didn't bother to remove the markings.  Originally the Doom Marine was likely a "Super Human" created by the UAC

30 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Because during the final stages of development, the creators changed the story and didn't bother to remove the markings.  Originally the Doom Marine was likely a "Super Human" created by the UAC

That of super human, its only in the movie

2 hours ago, Doomarineactivated said:

If you look closely in Doom 2016 to the Praetor Suit, it has markings all over it that don't seem to be Demon in origin. Any theories as to why this is the case?

the praetor suit its from argent nur, to what I understand

I noticed the numbers "022" on the suit, the only reason I can think of as to why this is, is maybe the UAC filed the suits discovery under "022" and just put the numbers on it to easily find it if they ever needed it.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, pigherp64 said:

I noticed the numbers "022" on the suit, the only reason I can think of as to why this is, is maybe the UAC filed the suits discovery under "022" and just put the numbers on it to easily find it if they ever needed it.

My theory is that they put 022 on it as an artifact number. They discovered it as the 22nd artifact. The others could be to denote that it's their property?

On 7/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, Zemini said:

Likely this.  One gets the impression the actual story of Doom 2016 was finalized very late in development, so they possibly missed a few details when retconning any assets to fit the final story.

It's one of the genuine strengths of the game though that that can be a genuine reason and it doesn't undermine anything.  The whole game almost has a vibe of a Doom WAD that has a bit of a "don't question it, just roll with it" vibe.

I thought the armour was the original doomguy armour maybe with some additional fittings he made during his adventures. Doesn't really look like demon crafted.

...Because he was a, y'know, UAC Marine?

Quake Champions pretty much confirmed the link between Doom Slayer and the original Doom Guy. I think that the demon codexes about the Doom Slayer are mostly lies and overexaggurations about the Doom Slayer to ensure nobody dares to come near his Sacrophagus and sets him free, or just to make themselves feel more powerful and mighty when they've captured him.

Or the writers were really high and retconned almost everything.

4 hours ago, Grimosaur said:

Wait, there's lore in this game? The armour was made by demons?

Hide contents

What...?

Did you not read all the codexes?

In my headcanon, personally I thought 'The Wretch' was a disguised angel or something, who left an artifact around for Doomguy purposefully to aid his fight against hell. Things like this already existed as Soulspheres et.al. It caused an upgrade to his original UAC armour, which transformed it with the power of Argent energy (hence leaving it with some old logos). This is also why Doomslayer can just crush pods of Argent to power himself up.

Remember that video were Marty said that the story was implemented embarrassingly late into development? Yeah. There's not really going to be a satisfying answer to anything lore-related.