Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Help! The new Simpsons episode starts in an hour!

Something about Bart and Lisa meeting in the 3rd grade. With the late supper and my coffee-making routine, I won't be able to avoid listening to it.

The powerful humor-vacuum always sucks away at my soul. Shouldn't there be some sort of court injuction to stop the brutal murder of the show by now?

Looks like I'll have to take my whippings and overhear 24 minutes of torture tonight.

I didn't like that latest Halloween episode. The first story wasn't that bad, but I did not like the other two.

AndrewB said:
Shouldn't there be some sort of court injuction to stop the brutal murder of the show by now?

Yes. They really should have ended the show after Season 8. dear god it's getting lame! They do have the odd sparks of brillance, but it's amoung a hell of a lot of crap. though it's now more popular amoung the more mainstreem TV viewers (ie, they get the jokes now that they are more simple ). At the moment, is worse then *shudder* Friends.

Season 2-8 Gold.

After 8... DIE

(I haven't seen much of Season 1)

I can't believe FOX cancelled Family Guy, which wasn't only getting better, but surpassing Simpsons in almost every way. Not to mention Family Guy is fresh every ep, and Simpsons has been using THE EXACT SAME JOKES for the last 14 years.

Oh, and they cancelled the Tick too. DIE FOX!

At least there's 24....

Well, what do you know? It actually turned out to be a decent episode. Decent, nothing more. No lame melodramatics from Homer, no bad-acting voices, and a few decent wits. See? Pessimism works.

C+.

elbryan42 said:
I can't believe FOX cancelled Family Guy, which wasn't only getting better, but surpassing Simpsons in almost every way. Not to mention Family Guy is fresh every ep, and Simpsons has been using THE EXACT SAME JOKES for the last 14 years.

At least there's 24....

OMG That show ROCKED! But I hear they canned it because some conservative morons complained about the Religious episode (the one where the grandpa showed up).

Quick, to the Popemobile! :P

I can't believe the banned the Jewish episode, "When you Wish upon a Weinstein". It rocked.

There's rumors that Family Guy might be picked up by another network.

elbryan42 said:

At least there's 24....

They've cancelled half their fall line-up this year, nevermind in the past years. Matt Groening also pitched a spin-off of the Simpsons, based on Homer's high school years, which was rejected.

Fox, like most networks (MTV wink wink) is trying to tell us what is cool. That's why gay shows like Fast Lane domminate air-time, and good shows like Titus and Family Guy get the boot. Fox fails it.

There's rumors that Family Guy might be picked up by another network.

My guess would be UPN. They have a habbit of picking up shows in this situation. They're to popular culture shows to what the Scifi channel is to, uh, science fiction shows (Space Above and Beyond, Stargate, etc.)

True.

Was anyone else seriously pissed off when the WB cancelled Three? That's one of the best action shows I've seen in a LONG TIME. It's the same year CBS cancelled Mr. And Mrs. Smith. CBS has a bad habit of cancelling good shows. It started with Dukes of Hazzard...

UPN has also cancelled good shows. Remember Nowhere Man? They got rid of that at around the second season and replaced it with a bunch of shows that lasted only a few episodes (which was far too long for most of that garbage).

The episode tonight had an interesting premise and I had high hopes for it as one of the season's better episodes. Too bad it was retarded. Not as bad as last week's snorefest but still lacking in real wit. Next week's episode looks absolutely dreadful too.

AndrewB said:
Well, what do you know? It actually turned out to be a decent episode. Decent, nothing more. No lame melodramatics from Homer, no bad-acting voices, and a few decent wits. See? Pessimism works.

C+.

Out of interest, what’s an A+ episode?

family guy: william shattner, millenium eppisode. nuff said.

the tree house of horror this year was very dissapointing. but then again I don't watch the simpsons as much as I used to.

I like the simpsons. It's a show where I can switch off my brain for half an hour ^_^

It sucks, lots of kick ass toons are getting canned or have been (Family Guy, Futurama for exmaples)

...we only got around the first season of both here in Australia.

EDIT : Simpsons is on now...hrm...it's also dinner time.

Let's see. Let me think of a few A+ episodes... The 1992 Treehouse of Horror (III). The one with Sideshow Bob marrying Selma. The one where Homer goes to clown college. And like 20 more.

I like the Simpsons, they can be quite funny. (I don't have a clue what series we're up to in the UK at the moment, though) It's one of only two decent cartoons left IMO - South Park is the other one.

I know I've grown out of them (so I don't watch them now), but today's cartoons are still crap compared to those of the late 80's/early 90's.

Yeah, that was a good time to be a kid :)

My favorite Simpsons episode was probably treehouse of horror V (I think) when they had the Shining mockup, the time travelling toaster and the nightmare cafeteria

TheHighestTree said:

Yeah, that was a good time to be a kid :)

My favorite Simpsons episode was probably treehouse of horror V (I think) when they had the Shining mockup, the time travelling toaster and the nightmare cafeteria

Ditto

Simpsons was ok at first, but after a few seasons, seeing the same jokes over and over and over (and over...) just got too sickening. Everyone's obsession with it makes the show even more unbearable.

gatewatcher said:

Care to elaborate?

It's Isle, isn't that elaboration enough? :-P

This season looks good as well. At least I was able to see the first few episodes this year.

Lizardcommando said:
Yeah! 24's a cool show! I watched every episode of it!

Yeah, except that I saw the "twist" in the second last episode coming about 10 episodes in advance.