Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Currently playing through the Half-Life 2 Singleplayer mod Dark Interval, interesting mod so far, I like their take on the beta storyline.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:02 PM, tempdecal.wad said:

Currently playing through the Half-Life 2 Singleplayer mod Dark Interval, interesting mod so far, I like their take on the beta storyline.

'bout beta mods, MI is coming to Steam soon enough, after Valve is finished reviewing their game.

I'm currently playing through Outlaws, I am up to the sawmill level and activated all four valves and replaced all three gears but I am now stuck and have no idea where to go next, I am just running around in circles.

19 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Playing Half-Life in software mode (looks superior to OpenGL) and restarted Sacred Gold as a Daemon.

Have you tried OpenGL mode with GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR? If I remember correctly the cvar is named gl_texturemode in Half-Life.

@Manuel-K This post from Steam explains it best:

Kurai Shidosha  Sep 12, 2017 @ 11:15pm 

Originally posted by Ikagura:

Originally posted by cd5ssmffan:

Don't use software mode, it's buggy. Use Opengl instead, and if you want pixels use "gl_texturemode gl_nearest" to disable texture filteringThanks, I like the pixelly version of the textures

This is NOT good advice. If Valve wasn't such an incompetent company, yes OpenGL would be the prefered renderer. Sadly, they fail on a massive scale and playing this game in OpenGL will greatly compromise texture clarity even when using gl_nearest texture filtering.

OpenGL has a bug where it applies a terrible filter to textures that are not a power of 2. Example of a power of 2 texture: 256x256. Example of a non-power of 2 texture: 128x256. Certain objects in the game use the latter for their textures and this makes the textures look HORRIBLE on OpenGL.

Software:
https://i.imgur.com/HLOixBV.png

OpenGL:
https://i.imgur.com/lYjKqMx.png

Software:
https://i.imgur.com/lIVWtdw.png

OpenGL:
https://i.imgur.com/VZ3wwy9.png

You'd be doing yourself a great disservice by playing this game in OpenGL today. Hell, I wouldn't even recommend the Steam version of it. I'd get a hold of the disc copy and patch it to the latest version of WON. You'll get back 5.1 surround sound and proper EAX/A3D, overbright lighting for HDR like effect, and no censorship on characters.

Modern Valve blows.

Thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/70/discussions/0/1474222595301994446/

I've used YamagiQ2 dozens of times without that problem both on Windows and on Linux.

It has to be a driver issue.

Shining Force for the Sega Genesis is something truly special. I like it way more than any of the Phantasy Star games. 

Been playing No one lives forever. Pretty cool for a spy game and it feels like a mix of Deus Ex with James Bond movies.

I just bought Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, so i'm doing that

Edited by GhoulDesecrator : typos

Picked up Killzone for PS2, so hopefully I'll give that a go sometime soon between Dooming sessions.

Fallout 4. I'm on a quest to do all the quests. Won't happen, but fuck it. Probably gonna go back to Wolfenstein 2 to find ALL THE SECRETS!!!

I recently finshed Portal 2's coop mode with a friend, and I have to say that it's an interesting experience. Having to think with two portals is already confusing enough, so with four things get ridiculous at times, but there are two brains thinking, so it evens out (most of the time). Also, we managed to break one of the levels and skipped about 3/4 of it lol, so after finishing it we went back and played through the level again without breaking it too much, hehe. It was really nice to find out that he was playing the games, since I couldn't find anyone that hadn't played it and wanted to do so. Besides, I had the constant feeling that I was missing out on half of one of my favorite games.

The other thing I started to play is Warframe. It's... ok. The gunplay is kinda boring, the enemy AI is dreadful and the game is insultingly easy so far. It does have some really good-looking environments though, and TBH I'm playing just to look at and explore them :P

Finally, we've got System Shock. I bought the Enhanced Edition since I tried to play the DOS version a while ago and couldn't, in any way, shape or form, get used to those goddamn controls. Even with the EE it took me a while to get the hang of it, but once I did... I was sold. I've heard some people saying that the game was ahead of its time, and holy shit they weren't kidding. You can look up and down, jump, crouch and go prone, and lean left and right, you've got an inventory, you can collect logs (with some pretty good voice acting) and go around interconected levels, among other things. And the thing I'm most blown away by: It has believable and interesting environments in a 2.5D grid-based engine, now that takes some skill. You know, I don't have much consideration for pre-1996 games (with the exception being Doom and Doom 2) so I was pleasantly surprised when I realised how much fun I was having with it.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, tempdecal.wad said:

Half-Life Echoes has just been released today, playing through it right now :) solid gameplay and the environments are well detailed for a GoldSrc mod.

That looks amazing, I'll be bucking down for it after I play through the PC conversion of Decay.

Currently on OpFor as part of my software mode playthrough, once again I have some serious bones to pick with this overrated expansion but that'll be for another time. 

Honestly I find the actual James Bond games particularly around the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 generation better than the NOLF games, I even enjoy Perfect Dark more. But I'd definitely take the NOLF games over the Danial Craig based James Bond games any day as they are really just shooters with a James Bond skin and hardly anything spy related is in them. The only thing I really find NOLF has going for it is that it's on PC unlike all those other spy games I enjoy.

Rare really needs to get back into making spy related FPS games.

Edited by Avoozl

Diablo for the PlayStation.

Got killed by the Butcher on my first play. Just like old times on PC.

Forsaken (2018 remaster)

i only played the demo version of the game back in the day. i liked how they got the best of both worlds - the fancy graphics from the PC version and the N64 exclusive content (except the multiple endings/non-conventional difficulty choice).

Trying to play through The Witcher series; currently near the end of Act 3 of the first game. Looking forward to the 3rd game, since my PC wasn't able to run it properly on release.

The Witcher is one of my favorite RPG games - especially The Witcher 3.
I play EVE Online, one of the most interesting MMOs in the f2p version.
A lot to describe, everything happens in the future - and you are the captain of a small ship. MMO game, so at the beginning you are at the mercy of other players, you can rob and be robbed, you can be a miner, a merchant - join the corporation (something like guilds). There are three different currencies, ISK, Plex and Skill Injectors, but that's a lot of writing.
The game requires a lot of mathematics and counting, and is rather slow - but I love EVE
I would like to live to see the day when I will be the best in poE and all the trade that takes place between the players will only work through me.
If I was such a powerful emperor, I could control ISK, Plex and Skill injectors trading. Once upon a time in a distant galaxy, when gamers like Ogame and EVE Online did not know what a cosmic constant was yet, ancient people formed the first EVE corporations. Thanks to them, they could ensure mutual protection and free trade, thanks to which we can buy Isk safely today. :-) This is amazing
Buy isk

Edited by Pytel

I decided to play Jedi Outcast again since I was in the mood for it, I have only minor mods running with it such as a movie fx mod which adds smoke, debris and flames to blaster bolt wall impacts, also made a mod which adds specular phong shading to in-view weapon models which originally only Jedi Academy had, also modded the Bryar blaster to the D17 blaster from JA and modded in purple blaster bolts for it.