Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Getting annoyed by some words

6 hours ago, Jim Greezy said:

posted from my phone,

but that has reminded me of another hate..

grammar queens, id probably add them into that new soft culture i was ranting about.

I agree with you, 'grammar queens' are annoying. That raises two questions for me.

How bad can the grammar be before it annoys you, and you not be a grammar queen? 

Are there any grammar mistakes that annoy you?

On 8/2/2018 at 8:11 AM, DooM_RO said:

There are also benign words that annoy me for some reason. "Groceries" and "squat" sound kind of disgusting to me for some weird reason. The Romanian word for sausage also makes me want to puke.

Because its "Gross Errys" Pizza Place.

And Squat sounds like Squit, and Shit, makes you envisage squatting... to take a shit.

My personal favourite 'disguisting' word is Plunge.

Funnily enough though, I'm an English Degree Graduate but I love using ir regardless in conversation and don't really care or get triggered unless the butchery of the English is quite severe. XD

On 8/2/2018 at 2:11 AM, DooM_RO said:

There are also benign words that annoy me for some reason. "Groceries" and "squat" sound kind of disgusting to me for some weird reason.

Monty Python explained this many years ago. It sounds like you dislike Tinny words. You should try to use more Woody words.

Most words that have already been mentioned tend to zone me out and I don't pay attention. Privilege/guilt I see come up a fair bit on facebook (fucking hate FB) and all the rest of it.

Barbaric use of the Queens English I only find acceptable in chat/text messages, however do appreciate it can be used on forums if someone is posting in a rush, just not in serious posts or something serious in general.

Buzzwords seem to be the down fall of society, the latest word I've come across is "gammon" which I do find slightly amusing atm.    

Words like "problematic", "toxic", "PoC", "bigotry", "come collect your friend" and other social justice/soy male bullshit words and phrases used on social media.

2 hours ago, Glaice said:

soy male

Seriously? You a Brain Force hyper-male specimen? With gay frogs, pizzagate and all?

Using a retarded pejorative while complaining about retarded pejoratives, nice 💯 💯

3 hours ago, Glaice said:

social justice/soy male

lol. ok. over used words that people pick up off of social media annoy me. Just putting it out there since we're on the topic.

1 hour ago, dew said:

Seriously? You a Brain Force hyper-male specimen? With gay frogs, pizzagate and all?

No and no.

4 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I tend to cringe at people using autism/aspergers as an insult.

Autism being used as some sort of scale in general is rather callous.

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Using a retarded pejorative while complaining about retarded pejoratives, nice 💯 💯

Pejorative as a word is far to fancy for public consumption, can you included a trigger warning next time.   

11 hours ago, Glaice said:

No and no.

Really? I thought that when you're with one Alex Jones conspiracy, you're with all of them.

15 hours ago, Glaice said:

bullshit words and phrases used on social media.

15 hours ago, Glaice said:

soy male

what did he mean by this

On 8/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, Glaice said:

soy male

You will take my chicken chow mein from my cold, dead hands.

I hung out with a friend for 3 days. I heard "It's fine" more than enough. Not that it was annoying, but wow did she use it a lot.

Also, LOL and other words annoy me too. At least when they are used after every  sentence. Its always, LOL LOL LOL. 

3 hours ago, Zombieman said:

Well, PC Master Race and Peasant annoy the He'll outta me, because I play primarily on consoles.

That's not what PCMR nor peasants mean. Source : https://pcmasterrace.org/history

Those are just elitist idiots using it as an excuse to be even bigger idiots. 

My lord that website is cringe-worthy.  I feel like I'm wearing a metaphorical fedora just reading it.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, Pegg said:

That's not what PCMR nor peasants mean. Source : https://pcmasterrace.org/history

Those are just elitist idiots using it as an excuse to be even bigger idiots. 

"After mastering its internal divisions, The PC Master Race has proceeded step by step to cast off its enslavement. Nevertheless, the console peasant capitalists in connection with women and minorities in EA and Activision have successfully roused the world democracies against PC Gaming"

Geez, they're really laying it on thick here. 

7 hours ago, Bauul said:

My lord that website is cringe-worthy.  I feel like I'm wearing a metaphorical fedora just reading it.

I'm wearing a literal fedora while reading and it feels like I'm wearing several stacked on top of one another.

I have very strong opinions on this subject, but I've found that other people have already expressed practically the same in a much more concise manner than I would have; so I don't think I need to regurgitate redundant points, as that would be a pointless recap.