Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0xf00ba12

Slaughterfest (201)3 [-complevel 9]

DSDA page aka sf3 // sf3.wad // slaughterfest 2013 // slaughterfest 3

Uploaded to idgames after five years of development, so I'll start it off with a demo recorded in May of last year that still plays back with the finalized version.

Map 15 UV-Max in 7:54

Edited by Maribo

4 hours ago, A7MAD said:

map 27 max in 7:06

Much appreciated!

Based on my own observations, going for the blue key first might be a preferred option when it comes to speed (though I surely understand the urge to survive the red key area first, heh) since the red key swarm seems easier to suppress quickly before it floods the central area (with both the RL and the BFG on one's hands, that is); going for the RL right after grabbing the plasma might also be a good idea (one could rocket the perched snipers and PEs en route to the blue key area right away without too much hassle, too). Still, I didn't really do any serious speedrunning attempts for this map and these are just some tentative schemes in my head, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Anyway cool demo, thanks!

i appreciate this wad originally started out as the 2013 edition but the name has changed (as demonstrated by your idgames link!) and i think the thread title should reflect that to avoid confusion

Had a bit of playthrough, am I missing something with this wad? Is it supposed to be insanely difficult?

12 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Had a bit of playthrough, am I missing something with this wad? Is it supposed to be insanely difficult?

i dont think so - if youve played slaughter before you likely wont have any issues unless youre playing without saves, until the later (20->) maps.

16 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

i dont think so - if youve played slaughter before you likely wont have any issues unless youre playing without saves, until the later (20->) maps.

Yeah I only played till like map 04 without saving but Map 02 is just ehh. I might go and play 1 & 2 first.

In case anyone is unaware: map 16 is broken in the original release (timestamped 7/7). It has since been fixed with a new version (timestamped 7/17). No other changes have been made and demos all sync.

@Andy Olivera, the version hosted on DSDA can be safely replaced with this new version. 

I just found out this happens when you record a demo of map33-35

MAP33error.png.93a84f44d5ee1b655658616964a4764f.png

Edited by DanielAlexander

Ah, that would very likely be the lack of a CWILV32, 33, and 34 lumps for maps 33, 34, and 35 respectively. I'm guessing this happens on exit?