Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JhosephX

Custom Iwads in the zandronum start menu?

This is my existential question, can not I modify the iwadinfo.txt to open mods and megawads? I have the Plutonia 2 and the TNT Devilution and I have them in the same folder as the other 4 doom games and I do not want to download a front end or make a folder of skins I want them to be launched automatically together with all the iwads that I have and that They appear in the start menu to choose the iwads. It can?

If they aren't meant to be IWADs, they will lack a number of resources (such as sounds and sprites), so it's a bad idea.

50 minutes ago, Gez said:

If they aren't meant to be IWADs, they will lack a number of resources (such as sounds and sprites), so it's a bad idea.

And there is no automatic way to read the resources of doom 2 or any iwad?

I just do not want to have every megawad in separate folders or use ZDL

I use right-click->send to myself.

But if you really want -- I suppose you could make entries for megawads inspired by the one for Hexen Deathkings, so that they also load the appropriate IWAD automatically.

IMO, though, it's a lot of work you will be doing (keep in mind that you need to find unique lump names to identify each megawad you want to turn into an "iwad") in a way that is generally discouraged (modifying engine resources directly can cause problems in multiplayer, and you risk losing all your changes when you update the engine to a new version).

4 hours ago, Gez said:

I use right-click->send to myself.

But if you really want -- I suppose you could make entries for megawads inspired by the one for Hexen Deathkings, so that they also load the appropriate IWAD automatically.

IMO, though, it's a lot of work you will be doing (keep in mind that you need to find unique lump names to identify each megawad you want to turn into an "iwad") in a way that is generally discouraged (modifying engine resources directly can cause problems in multiplayer, and you risk losing all your changes when you update the engine to a new version).

hmmm, well, download now the frontend of doom runner I like its simple and mount plutonia 2 and tnt revilution with zandronum, but now plutonia 2 does not launch well only the iwad that it has as base (the first plutonia and already probe with doom 2 and freedoom) while devilution if I do well and the first plutonia with an original ost wad in midi. Can you solve it or do I have to fuck me?

On 8/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, JhosephX said:

hmmm, well, download now the frontend of doom runner I like its simple and mount plutonia 2 and tnt revilution with zandronum, but now plutonia 2 does not launch well only the iwad that it has as base (the first plutonia and already probe with doom 2 and freedoom) while devilution if I do well and the first plutonia with an original ost wad in midi. Can you solve it or do I have to fuck me?

What on Earth did you just try to say?

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..." Hee hee.