Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

How much will Doom: Eternal borrow from Doom 2? And how much should they borrow?

7 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

That quadruple barreled shotgun from ROK that can quadruple itself.

I've always thought the Super Shotgun in D2 should be Quad Barreled, it's always been a little too OP for how little ammo it uses. But to be fair I'm probably too used to it being double barreled now and can't go back. Upgrading the Super in Doom Eternal to have 4 barrels would be interesting though, now that it's a more balanced weapon in Doom 2016.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, Tetzlaff said:

Tricks and Traps

Yes Please

Also Mick Gordon Should Remake Or At Least Sample This Track Cause This Track Is Amazing

Im Lowkey hoping for elements from official wads for Doom and Doom 2 because they had pretty solid map designs, especially No Rest For The Living.

I really want to hear Mick Gordon's take on Into Sandy's City. The original (especially Per Kristian's cover) is already a face melter.

It seems they are going to borrow much of the city feeling. Hopefully it will still be a bit abstract to enable fun that isn't tight corridor shooting but still realistic enough so as not to look silly. Abstract level design worked for DOOM II but would not work for Doom Eternal.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:25 PM, StalkerZHS said:

They should announce the Final Doom remake already

And a doom 64 remake like why not

4 hours ago, Doom64guy6 said:

And a doom 64 remake like why not

Why not!  

Lets gets a Phobos, Deimos, Final Doom and DOom 64 prequel made for Doom Eternal.  The more the better!

On 6/13/2018 at 8:04 AM, DooM_RO said:

My guess?

There will be a rendition of D_RUNNIN, 

God, thinking about that gets me so excited to hear Eternal's OST.

If Mick continues the trend of him putting small little references to the original soundtracks(THIS ESPECIALLY), I'll be quite the happy camper. I'm also hoping for some straight remakes, his rendition of E1M5 was one of the best tracks IMO.

I'd like to hear less riffs in drop F#. The low tuning got really excessive in the '16 soundtrack and while I love Mick's contributions, I think he sometimes forgot his guitar had more than two strings.

Doom Eternal can 'borrow' the Archvile, Arachnotron, Pain Elemental and apocalyptic hordes of demons. Eternal can also borrow from Doom 3/ROE the Brusier, Maggot, Wraith and Vulgar. 

Doom II can keep the Taco Bell music and library levels.

7 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Doom II can keep the Taco Bell music

Yes

7 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

and library levels

Cmon, you know the modern kids need them books!

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Doom: Eternal should definitely borrow The Chasm. Otherwise it'll suck. ;-)

Need a Chasm utilizing double jump and ledge grabs, sounds fun ;P

On 8/7/2018 at 6:38 AM, Ex Oblivione said:

Doom II can keep the Taco Bell music and library levels.

Uncultured. There is nothing better than sitting down with a nice book while some soothing, low-key salsa plays in the background. That's probably my favorite thing about Doom 2, what keeps me coming back after all this time. Expand your horizons my friend. If these features do not make their way into the new Doom, my heart will be shattered.

It looks like it borrows the original Plasma Gun, Arch-Ville (awesome climax at the end), more serious Baron of Hell design and some of the classig Doom gunners.

I wonder about the story though: "Please remain calm, you may notice a slight change in environment, fear not, it's all part of the plan". Looks promising.

That section with the teleporters was highly reminiscent of DOOM 2. Not sure what the exact map was. But I feel that this game will feature more peculiar level design than DOOM 4, taking inspiration from the wacky shit that happens in DOOM 2.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:13 AM, Catpho said:

Tie this game in with that new gloomy wolfenstein series (The New Order onward). That would be hilarious!

Doom Guy crushing Nazis while BJ angsts over it? Count me in!

BJ goes to Hell to claim the spear of destiny; only to find that Doomguy got their first.  

Well, they sure as hell have borrowed the Plasma Rifle and ooooooh boy, does it look amazing. Definitely looks stronger than the one from Doom 2016 too.