Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 38 - Still better than Maple Story powerleveling!

Make Adam Happy - put more cacodemons in your map.  No, more than that.  More!  MORE! 

:)

8 minutes ago, Capellan said:

Make Adam Happy - put more cacodemons in your map.  No, more than that.  More!  MORE! 

7 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

But, for the sake of argument, I do have a question related to that: how would you arrange the monsters sequentially?

• Alphabetically?
  • Reverse hit points?
  • However the player wanted?

I was initially thinking mapper preference or reverse appearance order in Doom 2 ending with Keen and WolfSS omitted or put wherever seems fitting (so, similar to reverse hit points)

I'm not sure about alphabetical order, wouldn't that be 1597 Spiderdemons? (2584 if you use 'Former Human' instead of 'Zombieman')

Conveniently, my girlfriend will be on night shifts, so I'm free for both sessions! I may try and make a serious map for the first time since ASS5.

7 hours ago, Capellan said:

Pick a Power-Up - your map must emphasise the use of one (and only one) of the following: berserk pack, invuln sphere, blur sphere, rad suit, light amp goggles

I want to add a +1 to this one. It's a fantastic idea, and one that would allow the maps to be notably different from one another despite having a common requirement among them.

I wont be around for it, but I do have a theme suggestion (that might have be done before). No 90 or 45 degree angles.

11 hours ago, MegaBlast said:

If Obsidian didn't blacklist me after my ASS 37 submission I'll try to be around for the next one. ;)

Your ASS 37 submission was evil (at least, I thought it was). I'm not saying you should be blacklisted for it, but that map was rough. Who knows what Obsidian might do if you keep submitting maps like that month after month?

Sorry if this question is stupid but I can't use a VPN right now and wanted to ask if those are live streams and yes, if they will be on YouTube later? Sometimes I enjoy watching this whilst mapping myself.

I may possibly livestream my mapping session, but it's not always streamed by people, often just a call occurs on Discord with a few of us chatting while mapping.

I'm down to make a map for this. Always kinda wanted to make a map for an ASS project, so now's a better time than any I suppose.

I may attempt to murder my sleep schedule and hit up the second session. I'll be out with friends during the first session; otherwise I'd do that.

Alright, I've compiled a list of themes! One of these will be chosen at random when the time comes.

1.  Every floor scrolls (don't just have them scroll 1 or anything, that's cheating)
2.  No 90 or 45 degree angles
3.  Doom II bestiary only
4.  Stark lighting: light differences must be at least 64 in value
5.  Crushers as a main weapon
6.  Reality maps: start with one health and cannot gain more
7.  Arch-Vile jump utilized in gameplay
8.  LOTS OF CACODEMONS
9.  Maps that revolve around a powerup (this does not count the Soulsphere or Megasphere)
10.  Spirit World theme

Catch y'all on the weekend!

Why the hell not. I'm in.

Reminder that the US is in Daylight Savings now - did you mean EDT, or did you really mean EST?

Yo, what's up with the discord? I was on it fine earlier and now I log back in and it's gone from my list of servers, and I can't rejoin.

THE THEME IS:

*Drumroll*

-Maps that revolve around a powerup (this does not count the Soulsphere or Megasphere)

Begin!