Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arvell

[GZDoom] Diabolus Ex v1.1

I just saw this on Mr. Icarus's YouTube channel.

I'm so glad you included a stand-alone download of the texture pack; I wanna try my hand at building with it.  It would work great with a project I've been thinking of doing.

Edited by Marscaleb

Absolutely lovely wad, with beautiful textures, fun level design and a well-constructed atmosphere. And as a big fan of the Deus Ex franchise it was fun catching all the references. Thanks for making it!

this is a masterpiece, thank you for your time, you can really tell this was made with blood sweat and beers. i have played it through twice once as intended and once with BD such a great WAD, have you got anything else planned?

Absolutely amazing WAD, best one I've played in a long time. But I'm having a slight problem, the skybox textures are kinda messed up. Anyone experience this problem and/or have a solution?

Screenshot_Doom_20180724_002937.png

@Marscaleb @capybard @Jim Greezy Thank you so much for the feedback!

@FYRNTRNR Ah, it seems that you are playing with Doom software renderer. You should switch to OpenGL manually in the "Change Rendering Output" section or launch the wad via the .bat I've provided. This way it will use the intended settings .ini so that you won't be changing the way you're preferring to play usually.

47 minutes ago, Arvell said:

@Marscaleb @capybard @Jim Greezy Thank you so much for the feedback!

@FYRNTRNR Ah, it seems that you are playing with Doom software renderer. You should switch to OpenGL manually in the "Change Rendering Output" section or launch the wad via the .bat I've provided. This way it will use the intended settings .ini so that you won't be changing the way you're preferring to play usually.

Excellent, thank you so much. Glad to get a response from the creator, good job on this WAD.

That was probably the best single map I've ever played. I like how the stealth approach is optional, for things like avoiding the tripwires and sneaking around and even avoiding the final boss fight. The range of secrets was very welcome, too. It's everything I'd want out of a GZDoom map in particular, as it still is Doom at it's core, but does a lot more with the basic framework. Right up there with the ZDCMP pair and Action Doom 2 as standout (G)ZDoom efforts.

The texture set to this is beautiful, as well as the map itself (which I still need to play.)

I am thinking of incorporating the textures in a map or two of my own.

Amazing work! 

Spoiler

On my second playthrough, I find a way to get the BFG & skip the Cyberdemon!

Hey!
Some of you guys wanted to know more about the creation of Diabolus Ex. So here is a short commentary with my thoughts on the development of this project and level design in general.

Hope you like it!

Finally got around to actually watching your commentary. Very insightful and especially very helpful for a newbie like me, who is still working on his very first map. Well done, congratulations again and all the praise you got is very well deserved.

Fun fact: I actually thought that the music was ripped straight from DeusEx Human Revolutions. I didn't know any better, because I haven't played said game and the track really, really sounds like it could be in the original Game. So, Kudos to the musician as well!

Nice work, very humbling. Porting such a complex and classic game is in and of itself quite a feat. And screenies look awesome, too.

if you ever make an episode 2 map, and if it is possible, you should try to change the player experience depending on their action in the first level.
if they didn't killed the cyberdemon then they might see him again. depending on the way the spider master mind was killed something could change in the next level. etc.
so that it would give even more meaning to the players choices and action a bit like in deus ex.

i take the opportunity of bumping this thread to say that i really loved your map and the atmoshpere built around it.

the music also fit perfectly. a good mix of futuristic calmness (if that makes any sense X) ) and nostalgia (for me).

you're a great map designer.

just finished playing it, love the art style i hope that you can expand this concept and maybe add more levels. now im going back to play it again. this is one of the best wads i ever played good job

On 7/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, eharper256 said:

Sadly, I couldn't finish the level for some reason. I insta-gibbed the Spider Mastermind (after all, the Nutcracker was provided in Cyberspace) when I got to the top and then for some reason the exit switch didn't rise (even after hitting the 'kill-switch' behind the servers).

i5R2z1k.png

wwJwfsk.png

I have the same problem. Any fix? 
Btw. the map is amazing!!! Thx