Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FormerGeneral

What's your Doom confession?

So first time posting on Doomworld and I thought this would be a good topic.

What's your Doom confession?

Mine is that I suck at using the BFG effectively. By the time it's occurred to me to use it, I'm already overrun by all the enemies who then proceed to hang my face on the wall. It is a great source of shame.

How about yourselves?

5 hours ago, FormerGeneral said:

A guy's gotta try

Gotta try to do what? Start a thread? You don't have to worry about starting one on the same day you register.

Also, the Doom Confessional Booth linked above briefly devolved into a argument about the merits of slaughtermaps (as often happens whenever slaughtermaps are brought up), but it's back on track now.

Can't blame him for not checking the everything else forum though - seems unusual that it was moved there in the first place when it's been under Doom General for many years.

2 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Can't blame him for not checking the everything else forum though - seems unusual that it was moved there in the first place when it's been under Doom General for many years.

I was surprised about that as well. In fact, the same question of why it was found came up in that thread. Apparently, it was moved after the thread got derailed by a discussion of the merits (or lack thereof) of slaughtermaps. There was much vitriol (shocking, I know) spewed by some of the people participating in that discussion (although most were quite reasonable, all things considered). I guess moving it was an attempt by one of the moderators to calm it down by getting it out of the Doom forum, so people might stop focusing on it.

Perhaps since that thread is back on track now, it will get moved back to Doom General, which is where I personally think it belongs.