Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dear Hoplite

Freedoom Inspired Novel

I was working on a novel that potentially took place in the universe Freedoom does, or is at least heavily inspired by it. I wanted to know if that was cool with y'all?

8 hours ago, Dear Hoplite said:

I was working on a novel that potentially took place in the universe Freedoom does, or is at least heavily inspired by it. I wanted to know if that was cool with y'all?

I don't know, it's feels kinda weird to make a novel based on a game which doesn't have a fleshed out story yet. What ideas do you have?

1 hour ago, mun said:

I don't know, it's feels kinda weird to make a novel based on a game which doesn't have a fleshed out story yet. What ideas do you have?

I was going to put 4-6 human characters in it and focus on what happened to worlds the aliens destroyed (I got a big alien vibe rather than demon vibe). I also have a name set up for the numerous horde of monstrosities you face in Freedoom (The Oq'ohx)

The humans (and one Android) would be Rangers who go about reclaiming planets for humanity

The humans (and one Android) would be Rangers who go about reclaiming planets for humanity 

That sounds suspiciously like Aliens.

Anyway, can we use your story as background story for FD, if we like it?

I wanted to know if that was cool with y'all?

Cool with me.

17 hours ago, luckypunk said:

That sounds suspiciously like Aliens.

Not exactly. Aliens was about a colony that ended up as xenomorph fodder so some company could profit

My novel is more about established planets falling and being reclaimed from an endless tide of aliens. Less Alien more Halo, as much as I hate saying that.

17 hours ago, luckypunk said:

Anyway, can we use your story as background story for FD, if we like it?

Sure! Freedoom could happen as this is happening, but you'd need to potentially incorporate one of the companies in my book (Polaric Energy Co.)