Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

@Dragonfly that's some fucking cool music. Sounds like modern day jazz. *Adds new band to spotify library*

When spotify and youtbe both independently recommend an album, you should obey your overlords and listen. 8 minutes of symphonic deathcore? mmm, yes, I'll take one to go thanks. The last two and a half minutes are particularly goosebump inducing

And that was a great track! Nice.

If you like the sound that Polyphia put out, here's a few bands I find 'feel similar'. They're not all the same by any measure but they're instrumental with a focus on interesting fretwork. I'm seeing CHON in October, as a support band for Coheed & Cambria. :D

CHON:

ANIMALS AS LEADERS:

STRAWBERRY GIRLS: (Don't let the name fool you, some of their stuff's surprisingly good)

SCALE THE SUMMIT:

If this stuff is of any appeal to you let me know, I've got plenty more. :P

cheers @Dragonfly! i know of animals as leaders and scale the summit. i do like a bit of instrumental/djenty/progressive/jazz like:

serbia's finest guitar export

this guy makes some very nice instrumental stuff

and these guys are a great jazz/prog fusion mix (not instrumental though)

always looking for new music so lay it on me!

I knew of all of these! :) Thank you Scientist are on Coheed & Cambria's Lead Singer's record label - Evil Ink Records. Great picks!

Fun 'fact' - if you swap the last letter of the first word with first letter the second word of Anup Sastry becomes Anus Pastry. Saw that in a youtube comment somewhere and it still makes me giggle now! :P

Here's some more for your ears:

THE ALGORITHM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5xV2D3G00A (For some reason this one's not embedding. Oh well)

AN ENDLESS SPORADIC:

THE HELIX NEBULA:

MODERN DAY BABYLON:

NOVA COLLECTIVE:

Double shot of Fu Manchu. Oh, the tragedy of what happens to that beautiful 1969 Dodge Charger in SubLime green.