Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

Single player dlc is coming to doom eternal

So unless I read the article wrong (which is possible) DooM 5 WONT have Singleplayer from launch but instead would be a DLC? If so the DooM series is dead in my eyes.

1 minute ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

So unless I read the article wrong (which is possible) DooM 5 WONT have Singleplayer from launch but instead would be a DLC? If so the DooM series is dead in my eyes.

No you read it wrong here is one quote for the article "game director Marty Stratton confirmed that post-launch, there will be singleplayer DLC for Doom Eternal. "Absolutely," why on Earth would they make the main single player campaign shown in the trailer the biggest thing anyone would buy doom eternal for be released post launch this means we will see a expansion pack/ dlc with more levels and enemy's

Good, this is what I didn't like with DOOM 2016. The focus for DLC was solely on MP and honestly the MP was "ok" at best.

47 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Key word in the headline: Additional singleplayer content is planned for the Doom sequel after launch.

Hopefully the DLC could be a prequel (I'd love to fight the Titan) or even a Plutonia/TNT expansion.

I would like to see a campaign on Phobos (I understand we a get a intro level on Phobos with DE),  Deimos, and maybe a prequel story campaign.  A remake of Classic Doom/Doom 64 would be welcome as well if they don't give us a level editor.

Edited by Zemini

35 minutes ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

Key word in the headline: Additional singleplayer content is planned for the Doom sequel after launch.

Hopefully the DLC could be a prequel (I'd love to fight the Titan) or even a Plutonia/TNT expansion.

Dude imagine Go2It but done for the modern DooM games. OwO

8 minutes ago, elarmadillo3 said:

Why does PC Gamer have a fucking foot fetish? Jesus Christ.

What?, what's that and why do you put it here?

wtf?

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

What?, what's that and why do you put it here?

wtf?

Turn on AdBlocker, or just look at their ads.

22 minutes ago, STILES said:

DLC is ok if and ONLY IF they don't cut material from the main game to sell more money.

Don't worry, it's id. Has id ever done something like that before?

3 hours ago, elarmadillo3 said:

Turn on AdBlocker, or just look at their ads.

People kept mocking them about using that image in all their Witcher III articles, so they started putting it in other places so spite them.

This is just perfect, it kinda bothered me that D2016 didn't receive any SP DLC, especially after they said at some point that there were "still a few things" they wanted to do left.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:05 PM, Duke of Pathoris said:

I'm guessing the single-players DLC will be "EXTENSIONS" of Eternal, not necessarily prequels or sequels.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:39 PM, Zemini said:

I would like to see a campaign on Phobos (I understand we a get a intro level on Phobos with DE),  Deimos, and maybe a prequel story campaign.  A remake of Classic Doom/Doom 64 would be welcome as well if they don't give us a level editor.

"DEIMOS" as well Phobos could already be part of "ETERNAL", I don't think it'll make much sense for idsoftware to exclude "Deimos levels" after showing Phobos gameplay footage.

23 hours ago, STILES said:

DLC is ok if and ONLY IF they don't cut material from the main game to sell more money.

I'm sure any DLC will not effect the campaign they've come up with. 

Why no expansion for D16? Not that it needed it really, but it would have been nice, interesting to see what they done and how it is related to the main story.

Also, i have a good idea how to put the classic Doom maps in the game without being jarring like in D16: You put computers, in the style of turkey puncher or that game in D16, where there is a "fake" DOS emulator, and you can play both Doom and Doom 2 WHOLE within the computer within the very same game, you spread it all over the game and let it be the complete Doom experience but logging in into those computers within the game. Even letting you save so you can continue in the next terminal. Maybe i should make a thread about that, what do you all think of that idea?

I think we'll live down the lack of a SP expansion to Doom 2016, considering DE is coming out so quickly after that game. And it's gonna have those to boot. I couldn't be more excited if I tried, lol

16 hours ago, D88M said:

Why no expansion for D16? Not that it needed it really, but it would have been nice, interesting to see what they done and how it is related to the main story.
Also, i have a good idea how to put the classic Doom maps in the game without being jarring like in D16: You put computers, in the style of turkey puncher or that game in D16, where there is a "fake" DOS emulator, and you can play both Doom and Doom 2 WHOLE within the computer within the very same game, you spread it all over the game and let it be the complete Doom experience but logging in into those computers within the game. Even letting you save so you can continue in the next terminal. Maybe i should make a thread about that, what do you all think of that idea?

On that topic, a good expansion would be where they have remade, retextured and rebalanced versions of the original levels.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:22 AM, Shanoa said:

Good, this is what I didn't like with DOOM 2016. The focus for DLC was solely on MP and honestly the MP was "ok" at best.

Um, I was of course thinking, will there be multiplayer for Eternal at launch? I think not, as the devs did say about SP DLC first though( but still, that can't just mean there would NOT be MP for Doom Eternal).

30 minutes ago, MTF Sergeant said:

Um, I was of course thinking, will there be multiplayer for Eternal at launch? I think not, as the devs did say about SP DLC first though( but still, that can't just mean there would NOT be MP for Doom Eternal).

Oh there will be MP, they said it will be done in house this time AND there will also be DLC for the MP of DOOM Eternal. The difference this time is said DLC won't just be for the MP portion of the game, like Doom 2016.

I've a feeling they had no SP DLC for Doom 2016 because they never expected the campaign to end up so critically acclaimed.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:25 PM, Duke of Pathoris said:

Don't worry, it's id. Has id ever done something like that before?

Rage had some sewer missions that only came free with new copies of the game, otherwise you had to pay a small fee to get them. It also had some DLC that added new missions that were IIRC unfinished/cut missions from the game they couldn't complete on time.

Doom 2 had unfinished levels from Doom 1 that were repurposed and finished.

Those are the only two examples, and even those are reaching. Unless you include expansion packs, the only DLC they've ever made was for Rage and Doom 16's MP DLC which ended up being free anyways.

14 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Rage had some sewer missions that only came free with new copies of the game, otherwise you had to pay a small fee to get them. It also had some DLC that added new missions that were IIRC unfinished/cut missions from the game they couldn't complete on time.

Doom 2 had unfinished levels from Doom 1 that were repurposed and finished.

Those are the only two examples, and even those are reaching. Unless you include expansion packs, the only DLC they've ever made was for Rage and Doom 16's MP DLC which ended up being free anyways.

Better question is if Bethesda has done that. I don't think that either.

10 hours ago, yoomazir said:

Do you think we'll play as different protagonists in the dlcs? Maybe the Doom 3 guy?

I was wondering that and hoping it would be a rogue UAC marine or security guard or whatever who decides not to let the demons win. Perhaps you could experiment with limitations - like one main weapon and one side arm limit, no glory kills, reliance on health packs. But that wouldn't be in the spirit of doom, now would it?