Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Weapons Emporium

I draw them all. I'm thinkingf posting a tutorial for the next one I make... I'm thinkng a SPAS-12 shotgun. I'd also like to make a bio-chemical weapon like a flamethrower.

Yes... but it depends on how much time I have. I invest a good number of hours on a gun (especially if they have multiple animation frames) and I'm lazy ta boot. Post suggestions on the message board there and I can read them.

Wow! That's some awesome custom graphics you got there! I like 'em! Very unique and very original IMO. So, what graphics program did you use to make them?

How do you do it? I wanna make weaps like that!

I better make a request on that board huh?

Hey Scuba Steve, If I draw you a pic of a weapon, would you make it?

I use Paint Shop Pro for the weapons now, but I used to use Windows Paint up until about the later Ghostbusters weapons. (Granted the early weapons are garbage, but that's from technique not the program). like I said, I hope to put up a tutorial soon.

Wow, these weapons rock!

The Desert Eagle, ooh. Has to be my favorite new weapon. If I was to ever decide to change the weapons of a wad, I'd have to beg for that one.

The knife rules! It's probably the best unarmed weapon there is. The light sabre is cool, but it doesn't have the speed that the knife does.

Most of the weapons are very cool. I especially liked the grenade launcher, knife, desert eagly and flame thrower. Too bad they are all far too effective and fast. I can't use them when playing doom because of that, they make the gameplay too easy :( The grenade launcher is the only one I can use, but unfortunately the dehacked patch makes the gameplay harder.

I loved the sound of the knife when hitting monster. That has to be the coolest sound I've heard in Doom :)

Ct_red_pants said:

Do you do requests? I'd like to see an MP40 and a right handed chaingun (or venom cannon) for a wolfy mod I'm working on.

If you give me credit or it in your mod, just tell me what frames to use(if you are making it with a dehacked compatible port) and i can make the venom cannon, although it'll look like an m134 vulcan if you don't mind.

Scuba Steve said:

I'm thinkng a SPAS-12 shotgun.

YES!!!!! that is the best |=|_|(|<1|\|6 6|_||\| 3\/312!
Also, are these weapons up for free use in a mod(if the
developer gives you credit)? Not that I probably will, as
I make my own guns through 3d models(and could submit one or
two to your site if you wanted), but i'm just curious.

I recently put a section in the forums for people to show off their own weapons. Nick I'd love to see your weapons.

[edit] yeah.. they're all free to use. it's all there iin the about page. [/edit]

Nick Perrin said:
If you give me credit or it in your mod, just tell me what frames to use(if you are making it with a dehacked compatible port) and i can make the venom cannon, although it'll look like an m134 vulcan if you don't mind.

Oh. That's awful nice of ya. I'm just using the chaingun frames (acts differently though) for the venom cannon. if you could send 'em here I'd love to take a peek. mind you. it'll be a while before it's released. but I will happly credit you in the txt file.

so, do you want it with the hands holding it above(on the carry handle) and the other on the trigger button(cuz on the m134 its a button), or one with no hands showing at all? both look good. Coming from the right of the screen, right?

Nick Perrin said:
so, do you want it with the hands holding it above(on the carry handle) and the other on the trigger button(cuz on the m134 its a button), or one with no hands showing at all? both look good. Coming from the right of the screen, right?

Yep, on the right. are the hands wearing gloves? On all the other weapons the hands are bare, so if there gloved, I’d have to take the one with no hand, otherwise, hands it is!

I can try and reskin the minigun hands to be bare, but they still won't look much like the other ones probably. I'll just use the no-hands one, even though i'm going to use it in the center of the screen as a stationary vulcan in Desert Warrior. Whatever. I'll make it have different effects 'n' stuff.

p.s. make it in dehacked so instead of going in the below order:

CHGGA
CHGGB
(with firing sprites relative to each one)

Make it work like this:

CHGGA
CHGGB
CHGGC
CHGGD
(with no firing sprites, as i need more frames to make the spinning look better).

I will not include a dehacked patch, as there would be no way to add it on to your current one without doing more work, so just make the frames work like above cuz that's how i'll build the sprites. It's only 4 sprites, so don't worry about wasting my time. Most of my guns in EDGE mods use 35 frames including reloads, and that's just for a pistol. A vulcan would have to have firing, spindown and frames like that. And a reload. And casings and links flying all over the place, even though they're not part of the weapon sprite.

Also, you might want to make the minigun have a spindown.

I'd really like to try the weapoons. Any chance you could group them together into individual zip files and categorize by type? that way I could get a bunch in one file - load the weapons wad that way and be done with it. I'll probably try the hard way too - individually but that would be really cool.

Which weapons are you talking about? mine or
the weapon emporium ones? cuz the weapon emporium ones
are already zipped individually.

Yours aren't the weapons emporium ones?
Anyway - I was more looking to have several placed into a single wad as a group that "goes together" then just load the single wad instead a bunch of individual files. It would make loading stuff so much easier and I could still do individual ones if wanted.
see what i mean?

I got it.

But i still don't know whose guns you want! I'm guessing it's the weapon emporium ones you want. talk to scuba steve for those.(i forgot his real name, or i just don't know it).