Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

New interview(s)

Some Things to Note.

• The Bulky Suit is actually the same Praetor Suit from Doom 2016, just upgraded.
  • That Energy Sword is not the Crucible.
  • We will explore the Past of the Doom Slayer.
  • The Multiplayer will have the PVP Aspect, now done Internally.
  • Many Enemies will have Weaknesses, or Body Parts you can Damage to make them not Functional, like the Tail of Arachnotron.
  • There will be Multiple Multiplayer DLC.
  • The Places on Earth We are gonna visit will be completely Fictional, no Real World Locations.
Edited by DoomMan777

Sweet! Thanks! Now I need to know if you can use 1UPs on ULTRA NIGHTMARE difficulty. Or if you die you die which makes it a pointless pickup.  

33 minutes ago, fant0m999 said:

Wow, where did you find this. That doesn't even have like 200 views. Thanks for posting.

I just typed Doom Eternal Interview

DooM_RO, You are the Best!

It seems that Baron of Hell is actually a Class of Enemies, so expect to fight more Varieties of them. Cool.

Sub-class enemy variety? nice.

Don't forget there's supposed to be like 25 Enemies in DE (compared to the 12-15 of D16) aswell as the sub-types of the monster classes mean there's gonna be a lot of shit to kill.

We're in the midst of an Id Software renaissance imo. Glad that these smart people are in charge of making DOOM.

Gamereactor video just sucks.  Can't get it to work on all my browsers.  I think that site might be giving my comp diseases.  Can someone rip it off the piece of shit video player they are using and place on youtube?

We will explore the Past of the Doom Slayer.

I doubt it's possible with all the lore stuff they've introduced into the new DOOM, but I've always wondered if they wanted

DOOM 2016 and Eternal to be sequels to DOOM 1&2, and that we play as the same Doomguy we always have.

There are some clues to it being that way though, with this in Hayden's office resembling the original cover, and

the Slayer's testaments describing him slaughtering through all of the ranks of the demon's army which would obviously be referencing DOOM 1&2(but probably not 3.)

I don't know, it's just something fun to think about that might have some evidence of being true.

I'm a bit dubious about their choice of making the game silly. I think doom was good because he hit the sweet spot. It was not super serious and horror and it was not Duke nukem. It was something in between. I hope they will not make it Duke nukem or serious Sam. 

6 hours ago, DoomMan777 said:

It seems that Baron of Hell is actually a Class of Enemies, so expect to fight more Varieties of them. Cool.

Where did you read/hear that?

3 hours ago, Zemini said:

Gamereactor video just sucks.  Can't get it to work on all my browsers.  I think that site might be giving my comp diseases.  Can someone rip it off the piece of shit video player they are using and place on youtube?

Do you have an adblocker? Try disabling it.

10 minutes ago, blackgoblinmagic said:

The face impresions when again asked if we will see hell vs. heaven battle...

That was the only part i cringed on.

18 hours ago, DoomMan777 said:

Some Things to Note.

• That Energy Sword is not the Crucible.

Really? Because it looks EXACTLY teh same as the thing Samuel used at the end of D16, well maybe it was very simmilar? We will have to wait and see.

17 hours ago, fant0m999 said:

Wow, where did you find this. That doesn't even have like 200 views. Thanks for posting.

I think everybody was too busy rewatching the gameplay lol.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:23 AM, D88M said:

Really? Because it looks EXACTLY teh same as the thing Samuel used at the end of D16, well maybe it was very simmilar? We will have to wait and see.

I think everybody was too busy rewatching the gameplay lol.

In the Interview they CONFIRMED it was NOT the Crucible.

And, No, it looks different.

"Martin: If you've done a sequel right, it should be hard to play the original. You miss a lot of the things that were later added because you wish that they were there all along."

I can already feel that from just watching the gameplay, lol

4 hours ago, D88M said:

Really? Because it looks EXACTLY teh same as the thing Samuel used at the end of D16, well maybe it was very simmilar?

It's not even close to looking alike. The only thing that is the same is the red energy blade.

It's probably some sort of twin artifact or something. I'm sure its connection to the Crucible will be explored in the story. It's hard to contain the excitement :D

4 hours ago, Xfing said:

"Martin: If you've done a sequel right, it should be hard to play the original. You miss a lot of the things that were later added because you wish that they were there all along."

I can already feel that from just watching the gameplay, lol

Yeah, I played some 2016 the other day and was like "it'd be nice to have that dash right now..." when facing multiple pinkies

Same goes for the SSG and the Megasphere from Doom 2. It was hard to get back to just the traditional shotgun, you really felt like you were missing something. And it was kinda hard to imagine what possibly could we be made to miss with this sequel when returning to D2016 - but now I see quite a few things actually :P

Was hoping they had posted the Doom Eternal panel (not the keynote) from Quakecon, but doesn't seem to be out yet. They go a little bit more into detail on some things mentioned here and on things that weren't.

19 hours ago, DoomMan777 said:

Yes can confirm on this. At the Quakecon panel Hugo said, "It is 'a' crucible, not necessarily 'the' crucible."

On 8/13/2018 at 4:34 AM, DoomMan777 said:

On 8/13/2018 at 6:15 AM, fant0m999 said:

It's not even close to looking alike. The only thing that is the same is the red energy blade.

Yeah, i think that the other had like a skull or something, it was different, i just did not remembered that good as to notice.

45 minutes ago, D88M said:

Yeah, i think that the other had like a skull or something, it was different, i just did not remembered that good as to notice.

It was made of a bone-like material and had a stull on it. The new one is made of metal and has the symbol of the slayer.