Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Some_doomer

Doom launcher

Hey, I was looking for a good Doom launcher, and I was wondering if there was any of them out there? I found DoomServ, but that doesnt appear to work anymore as the main server is never up. If there is not any out there, I may make a doom launcher and post it on that inter-web thingy, Cause doom is a cool game, and you need some way of hooking up with anonymous people and playing dm.

BigBadGangsta said:

[...] and trust me, you will be playing DM all day and night until you pass out! :)

Yes, its all fun and games :D ...Untill I actually pass out and slam my head on my keyboard, breaking several keys, forcing me to buy a new one. Its great! :D

Too bad I have 56K (I seriously live in the middle of nowhere and no broadband is available. We don't even get cable TV) or I'd probably play more. Ah well, there's always LAN parties! Or bots.

Bots - so you can pretend you have friends. ;)

Nanami said:

Too bad I have 56K

have you tried yet? it's not that bad. theres a lot of guys that dm with 56k. I used to do it and really had no problems. now I got dsl, but I haven't noticed a difference in game play.

Yep. I've tried DMing with 56K. Slow. Really slow. Random jumping around. Can't turn as fast as I'd like to blast someone. Not worth it, really. Easier just to play SkullTag with a dozen bots or so.

On zdaemon servers I generally get a ping of 200-300 depending on the hour, sometimes just under that during the late night. Not that I have a 56K, but I'm far away from the servers. About 200 is OK, but not good enough to take the game seriously... still fun though once in a while.

BigBadGangsta said:

trust me, you will be playing DM all day and night until you pass out! :)

says the person who refuses to play Doom DM, posted in a recent thread.

deathz0r said:

says the person who refuses to play Doom DM, posted in a recent thread.

I play DooM DM when I'm in the mood. Sorry that I have a life outside DMing all day.