Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

What does your Doom folder contain???

Yeah, better than mine. In fact it never occured to me I could simply make a folder and put all the source ports in subfolders inside it. Not on PC right now so no pics.

When I open the drive with the ports there's like 5 separate folders :v : "Chocolate Source Port", "Crispy Doom", "DOOM64EX", "GZDoom", "PrBoom Plus Test Version".

Btw, PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 on W10 1803? I had to replace it with 2.5.1.5 (hence the folder's name) due to some mouse issues.

My main folder contains iwads, gzdoom(old and new ones), old eternity version, pwads, my mapping stuff and textures. And everything is scattered in several folders. 

I have some more WADs scattered around my files but this is basically the folder where I keep the WADs/mods I like.

thumbnail_wp_ss_20180813_0001.png

And this is my 'quick access' folder containing all the sourceports, launchers, my favorite mods/WADs and generally stuff I'm developing.

thumbnail_wp_ss_20180813_0001.png.471a197c7755f62c83a5a8442ece2e2f.png

Contents of D:\Doom\ aka my main Doom folder:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Just for fun, contents of D:\Doom\questionable projects\ because I like to tease y'all with probably-never-to-be-released projects:

Spoiler

unknown.png

And to showcase my horrible wad naming, contents of D:\Doom\map wads\ which only contains my content:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Overall, D:\Doom contains 1.03 gigabytes of data spread over 4658 files and 206 folders. Apparently I really like to categorize my questionable project resources, whoops.

Haha, interesting topic. The second picture is a collection of all the wads I've played over the years and categorised. Mostly so i don't replay the shitty ones. Well also to know if I've played a certain before or not. Hundreds of wads in that folder. It's 8.5 gigs!

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Mine looks like @rehelekretep's, except even longer when viewed like that.

Since I use ZDL, I should sort everything into folders in alphanumerical order and organize them further from there.

I also have folders within for Chocolate Doom, Crispy Doom, Doom Retro, Eternity, PRBoom, and ZDoom32, but not GZDoom, since that's in the master folder, as well as folders containing my editing tools, various skyboxes, the folders I use to copy files into pk3's, and the demos I download.

Mostly just projects, assets for use in mapping, and iwads. I also have a couple mods and maps for reference when I'm having issues with a mapping concept. All of my .exe's stay in my downloads folder for some reason, I guess I'm just too lazy to move them

doom.PNG

I can't take a screenshot now, but it's got an unedited version of Doom 64, Doom Builder 2, Heretic Shareware, Hexen: Beyond Heretic, Doom2.wad, GZDoom, ZLauncher, Freedoom Phase 1, Freedoom Phase 2, Project Brutality Version 2.03, Brutal Doom Mapset, Brutal Doom Textures, and Brutal Doom v21b (or whatever it's called)

This is how my Documents folder looks:

h3eI1OZ.png

Contained in Chocolate Doom: subfolders for chocorenderlimits, Crispy Doom and Doom Retro. And of course the Chocolate Doom source port itself.

Contained in the Doom 2/Final Doom/Ultimate Doom folders: what came installed with Doom Collector's Edition with the four IWADs and Doom95 source port in each folder. These aren't really used anymore since Doom95 doesn't work on Windows 10 and I switched to other ports years ago.

Contained in prboom-plus-2.5.1.4: the Doom II IWAD and all the PWADs/megawads downloaded. It also contains subfolders for Plutonia, TNT and Ultimate Doom, each with their respective prboom-plus ports already set up within each folder.  The other prboom folder I have is old and outdated, it was just copied over from my old computer for other PWADs I was missing, so I don't use this for anything.

Contained in zdoom: the other place where I keep most of all the PWADs downloaded, but it also contains a subfolder for GZDoom. Every WAD file opens with ZDoom by default so I don't have to organize folders for anything, and it prompts me which IWAD I want to launch the file with so it's all straightforward and easy.

Doom stuffs: just the place where I keep all of the textures, flats, graphics  and text documents of ideas for Doom. There's also a couple of subfolders; one for MIDI music which also has another subfolder for Doom sound effects that I created and the other folder for Doom skies.

xwe116: Yes I still use this for Doom because it's what I'm familiar with, but I do use Slade 3 on occasion for color graphics and sound conversion which is useful.

And last of all the Ultimate Doom/Doom II/Master Levels/Plutonia/TNT Maps folders contain renders of every map from the IWADs as created by Mr. 8. Once in a while I do like to study these maps and I like the convenience of all the secrets and teleports being shown clearly where they are and where they lead. I also have a Skulltag folder which I don't use for anything except for testing out deathmatch areas I created.

Not seen: ZDaemon folder which is contained in my C: drive. Also has a lot of downloaded PWADs for online play.

Spoiler

doomfold1.png.bdbac62e74fa6530e5f0de1d703c563a.png

Spoiler

doomfold2.png.e5c7e4511aa996ff8367054bcb06b154.png

Spoiler

doomfold3.png.eb2342092560666c5ba9c0d8ec7bc91c.png

Spoiler

doomfold4.png.070a58577d45cb43cdfb9071c19763f5.png

Doom 64 is Doom 64 Ex

Addons are basically anything that replaces sprites, sounds, textures, ect, but don't contain their own maps.

Anything that's just in the wads folder hasn't been sorted yet.

My Doom folder on my old laptop would have made peoples jaws drop, just because I had so much crap in there. But here is my current one. doomfolder.png.2ec6c5edfdd44509e05fd282a1b6d5e0.png

I had to censor some folders though, I don't want to reveal my latest project yet...

6 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

Contents of D:\Doom\ aka my main Doom folder:

Hide contents

unknown.png

Just for fun, contents of D:\Doom\questionable projects\ because I like to tease y'all with probably-never-to-be-released projects:

Hide contents

unknown.png

And to showcase my horrible wad naming, contents of D:\Doom\map wads\ which only contains my content:

Hide contents

unknown.png

Overall, D:\Doom contains 1.03 gigabytes of data spread over 4658 files and 206 folders. Apparently I really like to categorize my questionable project resources, whoops.

Can you release your own projects? I would kind of like to see them. Why? I don't know, I've always liked looking at cancer on the Internet.

They probably won't get past Bloodshedder though...

42 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Can you release your own projects? I would kind of like to see them. Why? I don't know, I've always liked looking at cancer on the Internet.

They're not even troll wads though. They're legitimate projects, I just don't release them because 99% of em is nothing but a handful of textures and a sector or two, not because they're cancer. (ok yes granted, the doomper sequel is p cancerous i admit, but yknow)

1 minute ago, 129thVisplane said:

They're not even troll wads though. They're legitimate projects, I just don't release them because 99% of em is nothing but a handful of textures and a sector or two, not because they're cancer.

I don't know... I'm eyeing "vinesauce.wad" because I do love me some Joel...