Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

Who else isn't an adult here besides me?

4 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

I think I might be the youngest one here, at the age of 14. Turning 15 in December.

Read the first post of the thread you are posting in.

15 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

yep i have 14...........

yei............

but i know doom for more than 10 years, but until now 2 years ago I was able to register in doomworld

that mean i know doom when i have 4 years xD

Pretty sure i knew Doom when i was even younger than that.

Adulthood doesn't relate to years per se. I can pretty much be 24 and still blissfully pursuing the desire of my heart despite even common sense advising it otherwise - so you can very well count me in for the compilation of fellow kiddos.

Edited by Cell

18 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

@Romero is our longest-time member for sure, but there are others, like Linguica and fraggle, who have been around just as long.

I started playing Doom about when SYS joined the forum, and I'm 22 by the end of the month, so I technically qualify as an adult.

Didn't Romero join like just a few years back?  Pretty sure Ling is patient zero on here.  

Edit: Out of interest I looked up what number I am.  206 it turns out.  Solidly unremarkable!

Edited by Bauul

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I'm referring to the Doom community as a whole. Romero is definitely one of our longest-time members.

Lol, well, yes, technically you're right.  But that's also slightly like saying James Hetfield is one of the longest-time members of the Metallica community.

15 minutes ago, Cell said:

Adultery doesn't relate to years per se.

I doubt that's really what you meant to say!

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

But that's also slightly like saying James Hetfield is one of the longest-time members of the Metallica community.

Yeah!

Hi, me and AD were on the same page were on the same page a while back. Except that I am considered an adult at 19.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:19 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

I wish I wasn't an adult.

Don't waste your early years kids, you'll regret it believe me.

Yep. Enjoy your youth. Anyone giving you crap for being young is jealous! Learn as much as you can, and make sure to mix in some fun (while being safe.) Stay clean, and be who you are - regardless of who people tell you to be. You've already climbed a notch in my book, being a Doom enthusiast :) Young people can't sense that life goes by very quickly.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, YukiRaven said:

God I feel old reading this thread

Time to start a doom retirement village for us old folk I think. 

1 minute ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Time to start a doom retirement village for us old folk I think. 

"We have done our part. The rest is up to THEM, to believe in themselves, and to walk their own paths."

13 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I wish I wasn't an adult yet, childhood passed so fast, back when I had nothing to worry about except having fun heheh.

Yeah me too. So far I have mixed feelings about being an adult, I miss the times when I had a more or less stress-free life.

Heh, but I'm still a kid in the eyes of everyone else, to say so. As I said at some point, I might be 21 but if someone's going to stop and take a look at me you can bet they won't give me more than 15yrs and will say I'm lying about my age since I simply don't look any older than that :v . This already happened with a few friends on FB who were shocked to hear I'm not a kid, despite having a very recent profile pic, which did nothing as I look much younger than I actually am.

26 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Yeah me too. So far I have mixed feelings about being an adult, I miss the times when I had a more or less stress-free life.

Heh, but I'm still a kid in the eyes of everyone else, to say so. As I said at some point, I might be 21 but if someone's going to stop and take a look at me you can bet they won't give me more than 15yrs and will say I'm lying about my age since I simply don't look any older than that :v . This already happened with a few friends on FB who were shocked to hear I'm not a kid, despite having a very recent profile pic, which did nothing as I look much younger than I actually am.

I can relate to that as well. I'm nearly 24 and I still look like myself at 16 years old. I almost needs to show everytime an evidence of my age when i'm buying 18+ stuff like beer, vape, tobacco things. Otherwise, I don't think it's bad, I know I mentally evolved by doing disasters and shit in my life. However, I still feel the youth in myself, which is the most important thing.

Take it from an old fart giving completely unsolicited advice:

Have fun, but don't neglect your Career and Personal Planning. Nobody really knows what they want to do - but the sooner you know what you don't want to do the better. 

All joking aside, as a 28 year old retro game addict it does warm my heart knowing that the younger generation does show appreciation for older games.  Just remember kiddies, if it wasn't for Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, you wouldn't have the countless CoD games.  I mean it's one thing to give an old school game the cold shoulder if it's lame or has too many glitches, but to give a retro game the cold shoulder simply because "it looks old" is just silly.