Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TontonMayonnaise

Gorgos, the Hidden terror from beyond infinity (WIP)

You probably want to outline more details of the mod and show some screenshots of what it does to gather more interest.

If you are unsure of your mapping ability, maybe you can make this a game-play mod for other maps. I would play it.

This looks interesting. I'll be following this. are all the resources original, because they dont look familar to me? If you need help with anything or just some one to test and give a honest opinion then inbox me.

Cool idea. From a level design perspective, I think you've focused primarily on visuals and mood/realism (which are both excellent, by the way), and less on interesting encounters and situations for the player to adapt to, which is what you're reacting to when you say the levels are "not fun." The gameplay is mostly linear and hit-scan enemies, with nonlinearity being introduced with "side rooms" that the player can explore if they want to but might skip altogether and not miss too much.

One way to get out of this mode is to entice the player into the next "area" or room by tempting them with a cool visual that makes them want to explore (maybe light up one of the government logo signs you made and put some interesting lit up computer screens nearby with text to read). Another way is to show an area with power ups or guns that is inaccessible but can be reached by checking in various doors or rooms.

Once there you have opportunities to create interesting encounters. Take an example of an operating theater with an alien being operated on in the center, and once you enter, you find the upper decks of the theater are full of human scientists, and some guards with guns who are now shooting down at you. You try to exit but an alarm sounds and guards start rushing in. You have to fight back and maybe find a vent to climb into to escape.

These kinds of situations can create interesting encounters. You'll need to expand beyond hit-scan enemies at some point if you want to go beyond "Wolfenstein-like" level design.

Pretty cool, although I think it would look more authentic if the humans you defeat are vaporized or melt into a pile of ashes. The gore feels out of place. 

I went to download it, and it said I already have it. Did you make changes and upload with the same file name? That's a no-no. If people are trying to play this in coop, different players will have different versions with the same file name, and they won't be able to play it together. Use version numbers in the file name to make sure that doesn't happen.