Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serge Jkn

Annie: Episode 1 version 1.1 released (11/8/2018)

Annie: Episode 1 - version 1.1 is now available for download:

https://sergejaeken.com/annie-episode-1/

Changes:

⦁    Lowered the height of a  couple of doors in A1M2 where the player could go underneath before they were opened;
⦁    fixed a bug in the blue key room of A1M4 where the player was able to squeeze through the hole in the brick wall to reach the Invulnerability Sphere secret;
⦁    replaced  the Soulsphere and Blue Armor with Megaspheres in Annie's lair;
⦁    fixed some minor visual texture alignments.

Screenshots:

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/356/355152/profile/A1M1.png

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/356/355152/profile/A1M2.png

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/356/355152/profile/N2S1.png

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/356/355152/profile/A1M4.png

Edited by Saliva : Update: release

Screenshots are looking cool! I'll make a note of giving the demo a spin.

I found many great stuff on your site. Later I'll pass it all. And yes, the screenshots of this project looks cool. Never see it before. As I understand it, we expect a full megawad for GZDoom. Great news!

On 30-1-2018 at 10:44 AM, StormCatcher.77 said:

I found many great stuff on your site. Later I'll pass it all. And yes, the screenshots of this project looks cool. Never see it before. As I understand it, we expect a full megawad for GZDoom. Great news!

Well, not exactly a full megawad. There will be 16 levels so let's say a half megawad ;)

So this is basically, what if one of Spider Masterminds was experimented upon and imported inside computer network like AI but obviously goes rampage as in nature of original monster? ;p

20 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

So this is basically, what if one of Spider Masterminds was experimented upon and imported inside computer network like AI but obviously goes rampage as in nature of original monster? ;p

Don't make me quote Carmack about story in games ;)

7 hours ago, Saliva said:

Don't make me quote Carmack about story in games ;)

They did care about plot and design of the game around it, not complex story with narrative. It's not the same thing but it leads to similar overall synopsis like in DS where you have no story at all but there's a whole plot told by lore and design mechanics, descriptions and places. Similar thing is included in many wads that doesn't have any text story at all but design of the maps tells the plot for themselves. With limitations and simplicity  comes creativity. ;p

Don't think it's mentioned anywhere here or on ModDB page, but you actually need to use both jump and crouch to reach certain areas.

Edited by Wanderer

Oh, looks nice. I'll check it out.

I... was mildly deflated as I instantly clicked on it because I misread it as "Doom II Anime development continued!" though. XD

Played the first level. Pretty cool so far!

However, I cannot find two of the three secrets. I got the Mega Armour, but I have no idea how to get the Megasphere nor what the the third secret is.

The dusty spaces look cool! It seems to me like using different fade colors became a lot more uncommon once the novelty wore off (so, a long time ago). But if selected well, it can be a great and simple way to make a place look distinct!

In the Annie boss battle, she can't hit you if you position yourself directly under her and shoot up. It makes it way too easy. I'd suggest implementing an attack to discourage this; maybe she could fall to the floor?

If her health is down to 50%, she'll spawn some Arachnotrons. I hope that will encourage the player to move :)

It will require quite some additional scripting, unless someone can come up with a simpler solution?

As someone who recently returned to Doom after a VERY long stint away, seeing maps like this is really awesome. I'm constantly being impressed at how many new features good old doom has now. I'm also amazed at how much activity the community still has.

Very nice work on this one!

On 8/18/2018 at 3:44 PM, kdoom said:

As someone who recently returned to Doom after a VERY long stint away, seeing maps like this is really awesome. I'm constantly being impressed at how many new features good old doom has now. I'm also amazed at how much activity the community still has.

Very nice work on this one!

Thank you! There have been quite some changes to the GZDoom engine since I released the demo in 2012 and there are some great projects available that make good use of them. I'm also planning to implement some of the newer features for episode 2.