Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Books (The ignored)

Heh... well yeah, I did read Sophocles' Oedipus Rex and Electra (this one just before seeing it on stage.)

I recommend all humans or sub-humans with a vivid imagination to read the Dark Tower series by Stephen king. There are four books out (the gunslinger, the drawing of the three, the wastelands, and wizards and glass.) and one short story (sisters of eluria in the collection of short stories called Everything’s Eventual.) and there are three more books on the way. The Dark Tower series are not horror stories. P.S. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO READ THESE BOOKS.

I read a lot of everything.

Piers Anthony's Xanth Series
Spider Robinson's Callahan Series
Robert Asprin's Myth Inc. Series
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series (If you've never heard of it's greatness I ORDER YOU TO GO READ IT! Book one: The Eye of the World. find it.)
Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series
David Edding's Elenium, Belgariad, and others.
Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's series
Spider Man Comics (Spider Girl as well)

P.S. For vampire buffs: Go for the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter Series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Full of Sex, Violence, Mystery and Lots of the Occult and such.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

ROFL

I've read lots of books, though, I really need to get around to reading my Dune books again.

Anyone for Legends of Dune : The Butlerian Jihad?

Gotta love Frank Herbert huh? Books -Awesome Movie(old) -Equally awesome Movie(new) -Felt more like a love story than the Sci-fi it was supposed to be.

My gawd! How could I forget Orson Scott Card? Author of The Abyss (book), Xenocide, and Wyrms. And Harlan Ellison, what with those horror stories of his. Teh werewolves r the wicked ones!

that was a really good story. did you know there are 2 books in that series? At least that I know of.

ravage said:

Maybe a bit of Prattchet too (Mort, The Wyird Sisters)

I think I've read just about anything Pratchett's ever written, with the exception of some of his Discworld spin-off collaborations with other people.

The only other authors I'm a particular fan of are Timothy Zahn (his Starwars books own almost anything else Starwars releated, especially episode 1) and R.A. Salvatore (the Drizzt Do'Urden books are essential for any fantay fan, even if they don't particularly like D&D).

If you're including comics, I read 2000AD, Judge Dredd and Preacher (I know it's finished now, but I read the graphic novels, and there are a few of those that are yet to be published in the UK).

Edit: 1234th post! :)