Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Was testing a beta version of a sweet upcoming Heretic CP last night. Of all the times I've died at a health pickup, this has to be one of the biggest slaps to the face I've had, though for different reasons: 1 gargoyles only do a max of 12 dmg, 2 I had plenty of flasks on hand and was just trying to make it to an urn to use it to its fullest and save the flasks for later, and 3 I not only picked it up, but had already selected it before dying ironically. Not the most original thing to post but this one struck me as funny enough to share:

https://i.imgur.com/iljg5AB.gifv

I wonder which other maps of yours share this storyline. The idea of TNT2 canon including giant puddings in space is amusing to say the least :)

50 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

I wonder which other maps of yours share this storyline. The idea of TNT2 canon including giant puddings in space is amusing to say the least :)

All pwads are canon sir. Any inconsistencies may be brushed aside with multiple heroes, simulations, time travel shenanigans, dreams, etc ;)

Edited by lupinx-Kassman

On 8/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180819_215923.png

Deus Vult II Balrog map flashbacks. Nice!

11 hours ago, JDR said:

Deus Vult II Balrog map flashbacks. Nice!

Thanks! High praise indeed. I will admit that I am a huge fan of Deus Vult 1 and 2 and that the aesthetic style has rubbed off on me. You're also not the first to make the comparison.

Still on Eternal Doom.

lmjFZoQ.png

MAP22, there's a cyber stuck in the ground here, no idea how.

5j46hKR.png

MAP23, the 5,000 AD section.

Either these maps are this buggy, or GZDoom or my computer itself is deteriorating in an effort to stop me from playing any further.

I really should listen.

That second picture was from a location I'm not sure I was supposed to be in. I SR50'd across a gap and explored over there and that section was really broken.

Anyway, I'm almost finished with this thing I've been working on.

OV9nHUk.jpg

A nice, clean automap.

zQR1hzQ.png

n26fhK7.png

H6fDQ4n.png

Taken in ZDoom32 so the multi-tag effects will render properly, even if they're not visible.

Testing this will be an adventure, because I average about 5 fps in the outdoor areas, where larger fights will be.

@Aquila Chrysaetos Did you happen to take inspiration from PSX Doom or something with the lightning and overall atmosphere? I'm getting such a vibe, so I figured I could just ask if it's true or it's just me.

Double post. Aw, I'm terrible.

Still playing Ancient Aliens in tandem with Eternal Doom.

u2E1qLR.png

Illuminati Revealed was a great map. I don't have an image of it because I was too busy going full bore speedrun, but the only thing that gave me any real problems was the infinite height cacos that would swarm me at the end.

I'd actually like to see more maps like it, that was really cool.

That's a common effect that's been around for a fair old while now. In ZDoom based ports you do it by using a midtexture that fades from white / a colour to black, then apply additive translucency to the lines. :)

Ohhh... okay. Clever, actually. So I need custom textures? Well then... maybe in my next Wad. Thanks a lot, guys!