Find results in...
Astral-Doomer

Astral-Doomers wads

better, that made me want to play it, tomorrow I'll try it: P

Edit: seems like the zip is corrupted, i cant open the zip 

1 hour ago, Gaia74 said:

better, that made me want to play it, tomorrow I'll try it: P

Edit: seems like the zip is corrupted, i cant open the zip 

My WinZip wouldn't open it either. Checked in WinHex. It's actually a .7z file. Re-name it; it opens fine. No idea why OP did that.

Edit: Just ran through this fast. Not bad. Wondered why the wad was so big. The first entry after the map is labelled '5RTXT'. It's cc4-tex. You included the wad inside the wad.

Also wondered why there were two exits in the map. Then I saw this was part of a megawad. So a secret exit from MAP01. Okay.

Lots of non-switch textures used as hidden switches to activate things not immediately nearby. Never liked those, but author's choice I guess.

That first room is VERY big and just feels so empty. I do like the grating to the outside areas. The west odd computer panel hid a secret so I tried the east one. It acted like a switch but didn't do anything. Editor showed it has a tag and action, but a missing sector. A clean up issue?

Noticed that the two SHAWN1 sectors in the middle of the first room have their ceiling heights lower than their floor heights. Not an issue in GZDoom, but I don't know how other ports handle that.

You have three secrets that shouldn't be tagged secret because they can't be reached; the three outside sectors west of the Green Armor.

You have a fourth secret that can't be scored; the narrow sector outside the sector tag 6 door. It's too narrow to enter before you step up into the doorway.

You have a missing texture next to the linedef tag 9 switch. It shows up in the editor as "COMP2 8A". The switch is pointless, btw. You can use the blue circle by the room entrance as a step to get to the Chaingun.

The Imp inside the Soul Sphere secret crossed a teleport linedef as soon as it saw me. Don't think that was your intent. I've never liked secrets you only have one chance to score, but again, an author's choice.

The secret RL is badly placed unless it's intended for the future maps. By the time you find the hidden switch to get to it here, there's really nothing left to use it on.

I'm guessing you'll still adjust difficulty levels. I'm not sure a Caco AND a Revenant in the exit room of MAP01 is appropriate on Easy mode. With that level of progression, you'd have to have several dozen Cybers by MAP29.

A good start.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

On 8/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

My WinZip wouldn't open it either. Checked in WinHex. It's actually a .7z file. Re-name it; it opens fine. No idea why OP did that.

Edit: Just ran through this fast. Not bad. Wondered why the wad was so big. The first entry after the map is labelled '5RTXT'. It's cc4-tex. You included the wad inside the wad.

Also wondered why there were two exits in the map. Then I saw this was part of a megawad. So a secret exit from MAP01. Okay.

Lots of non-switch textures used as hidden switches to activate things not immediately nearby. Never liked those, but author's choice I guess.

That first room is VERY big and just feels so empty. I do like the grating to the outside areas. The west odd computer panel hid a secret so I tried the east one. It acted like a switch but didn't do anything. Editor showed it has a tag and action, but a missing sector. A clean up issue?

Noticed that the two SHAWN1 sectors in the middle of the first room have their ceiling heights lower than their floor heights. Not an issue in GZDoom, but I don't know how other ports handle that.

You have three secrets that shouldn't be tagged secret because they can't be reached; the three outside sectors west of the Green Armor.

You have a fourth secret that can't be scored; the narrow sector outside the sector tag 6 door. It's too narrow to enter before you step up into the doorway.

You have a missing texture next to the linedef tag 9 switch. It shows up in the editor as "COMP2 8A". The switch is pointless, btw. You can use the blue circle by the room entrance as a step to get to the Chaingun.

The Imp inside the Soul Sphere secret crossed a teleport linedef as soon as it saw me. Don't think that was your intent. I've never liked secrets you only have one chance to score, but again, an author's choice.

The secret RL is badly placed unless it's intended for the future maps. By the time you find the hidden switch to get to it here, there's really nothing left to use it on.

I'm guessing you'll still adjust difficulty levels. I'm not sure a Caco AND a Revenant in the exit room of MAP01 is appropriate on Easy mode. With that level of progression, you'd have to have several dozen Cybers by MAP29.

A good start.

I'll used winzip, to make the file smaller. But, If that's the case, then I'll stick to adding the file manually. But, when I did, it wouldn't allow me, because of the file size.

Yeah, I'm working on a mega-wad.

Sorry about that, some of the switches make sense I guess. I just think it would be too easy but I might change something about it....

The size of the room is quite spacious, I'm going to shorten it a bit. For that, thinking of something interesting, to open or activate. Not sure what yet. :-P

I'll address that for the first room, middle area.

Thought I dealt with that, thanks for telling me. I'll get rid of that.

Yes, I'll fix that. Might replace the chaingunner with someone else. >.>

I saw that in perditions gate, in one of the last levels. I know some people use those secrets, I'll save that for later and make it open only.

The secret RL? You mean, the last one. Hmm... I'll have to do something about that.

I might replace the caco with a few pinkies and the revenant stays. But, we'll see... we'll see.

Thank you, I consider it my first good map. Thanks again for the constructive criticism.

I have a lot to do but I'll fix this map up real good and work on the next one. B-)