Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

Is there a mod that lets you use bad guys as skins?

I am NOT talking about a skin pack with monster skins.  I'm talking about an actual mod that finds the bad guys' sprites and converts them to a skin for the player to use.  This would make it possible to play as ANY monster not just the ones from DOOM.  If this exists please post the file here.

IMPatience lets you play as an Imp in a mission to kill Doomguy before he escapes the level. It's the only one of the kind I know 

The only way to do this is to extract the monster sprites you like from your mod of choice and manually convert them to player sprites, if simple skins are all you're after. There's no automated way to do this but it's quite easy using Slade. If you need help just let us know.

The monster sprites usually have a different number of frames than player sprites, which make this more complicated, but still doable.

I think I remember there being some wad that let you play as monsters with their atributes of course (health, abilities, etc...) but, only a few of them were available. I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the wad in question :/

EDIT: I found this. Granted it is pretty old so I don't know if it still works but, you can still try it out I guess. 

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22572

20 hours ago, Doomkid said:

The only way to do this is to extract the monster sprites you like from your mod of choice and manually convert them to player sprites, if simple skins are all you're after. There's no automated way to do this but it's quite easy using Slade. If you need help just let us know.

I have downloaded Slade 5ish times and it doesn't work for me.  I have no clue why.

To everyone else: I am talking about skins not classes.  I already have a lot of mods that use demons as classes.

The topic title briefly had me thinking you were looking for a mod that would let you take the skins of your kills and wear them to gain their abilities. That would be kinda cool...

17 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

The topic title briefly had me thinking you were looking for a mod that would let you take the skins of your kills and wear them to gain their abilities. That would be kinda cool...

If that is thing I want that too.