Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flouter

New Multiplayer Modes in Eternal.

Marty and Hugo said in a interview that the multiplayer will return in Eternal, but will not be the exact same. They also said that it is now being made internally by ID. This could technically mean that we might get new multiplayer modes. What do you guys expect/want to see in Eternal in terms of multiplayer?

I'm personally hoping for a Slayers vs. Demons mode where one team plays as Marines and the other team plays as the Demons. The players in the Demons team can choose what Demon they would like to play as and each one has it's advantages and disadvantages. 

Well they referred to it as PvP and NOT deathmatch so I am guessing it will be more like what you just said; Marines Versus Demons.  I just hope they recycle the D4 maps into new game modes like a Coop Arcade PvE.

However I still think a real Doom Deathmatch is needed because people keep asking for it.

19 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Well they referred to it as PvP and NOT deathmatch so I am guessing it will be more like what you just said; Marines Versus Demons.  I just hope they recycle the D4 maps into new game modes like a Coop Arcade PvE.

However I still think a real Doom Deathmatch is needed because people keep asking for it.

Well PvP stands for Player vs. Player. And Deathmatch is Player vs. Player so...

No co-op?

I'll say this much - we had better get proper FFA at launch.

And ditch the loadouts, guys. And the hack modules. Seriously.

Considering id already removed hack modules from 2016, there's zero reason to believe they'll return.

Don't forget the invasion mode, they may just be referring to that. Although I reckon FFA will be a thing.

Edited by Chezza

On 8/15/2018 at 10:15 AM, fant0m999 said:

Well PvP stands for Player vs. Player. And Deathmatch is Player vs. Player so...

Well if there was Deathmatch then I would expect Marty or Martin to say so.  

Hope we would get the fun ones like Freeze Tag and Soul Harvest again(which is basically deathmatch but with collecting shit, but it's still freaking awesome), and the LMS modes.

They tried with demons vs. players in one of multiplayer modes in Doom '16, but it was worst mp mode ever. I skipped this shit mostly. Left 4 Dead formula looks outdated after Evolve release. I don't care at all, guys. Players vs. demons because it's too limited fun for me, it's not pure copetitive, hateful non symmetric shit. IMHO.

12 hours ago, qdash said:

They tried with demons vs. players in one of multiplayer modes in Doom '16, but it was worst mp mode ever. I skipped this shit mostly. Left 4 Dead formula looks outdated after Evolve release. I don't care at all, guys. Players vs. demons because it's too limited fun for me, it's not pure copetitive, hateful non symmetric shit. IMHO.

I don't recall any such MP mode that had this.

27 minutes ago, Zemini said:

I don't recall any such MP mode that had this.

It was called Possession, few players are randomly selected at the beginning of each round as "prowler" and have to kill all humans, It's kinda like Infection, the players that die turn into Prowlers, prowlers have low health and humans have low ammo to encourage moving around the levels I guess.

I want:

• Coop campaign
  • Invasion (coop with demon waves, not the shitty campaign invasion thing)
  • Standard deathmatch
  • Standard team deathmatch
  • Capture the (insert thing here)
  • Marines vs demons
  • Instagib dm
  • And maybe some kind of king of the hill mode or domination like in UT99

22 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

It was called Possession, few players are randomly selected at the beginning of each round as "prowler" and have to kill all humans, It's kinda like Infection, the players that die turn into Prowlers, prowlers have low health and humans have low ammo to encourage moving around the levels I guess.

Okay I vaguely rememmber seeing that pop up once in a while.  That still really has nothing to do with what a Marine versus demons mode might look like.

17 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Huh, How would it look like? Invasion? Co-op Campaign?

Just like normal Team Deathmatch, but one team is Marines and the other is Demons. And there are more different Demons, not only the Prowler.

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Sounds like it'd be horribly unbalanced lol.

Hey, I'm not a dev ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Classic Deathmatch.  You know, where everybody starts with the same weapon and has to find new weapons in the map.  No more loadouts, please.

Demon rush. My favorite gamemode from DOOM 2016 was soul rush. Although I'm not a fan of picking up souls from enemies I just killed, I am a huge fan of the fact that a demon rune spawns immediately and picking it up grants an infinite demon (albeit until death)

So having a gamemode that focuses entirely around playing as a demon would be killer, especially if it offers demon vs demon.

5 hours ago, fant0m999 said:

Just like normal Team Deathmatch, but one team is Marines and the other is Demons. And there are more different Demons, not only the Prowler.

I'm hoping that's one of the modes, but more like a survival game type where demons respawn and marines don't.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:51 PM, scalliano said:

No co-op?

I'll say this much - we had better get proper FFA at launch.

And ditch the loadouts, guys. And the hack modules. Seriously.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The sole reason I jumped into multiplayer was to use that sick ass burst rifle, but no, I have to stick with boring-ass plasma guns and rocket launchers till an arbitrary level. Fuck that noise, I'd rather play D4D.