Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdarkmasterx

DESTROY the unworthy (vanilla wad)

Just as a heads up, you've missed some details in this post.

1: What game / IWAD is the based off? Most wads are usually DooM 2 though some ARE DooM 1/hexen/Heretic/Strife

2: What engine did you test it on?

3: Is the map designed for Limited or Limit removing engines? (Limited engines are like Vanilla/Chogolate/Cripsy whereas limit removing is ZDooM/GZDooM/PRBOOM+(I think))

4: How long is the wad (1 map? 10 maps? 32 Megawad?)

1 minute ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Just as a heads up, you've missed some details in this post.

1: What game / IWAD is the based off? Most wads are usually DooM 2 though some ARE DooM 1/hexen/Heretic/Strife

2: What engine did you test it on?

3: Is the map designed for Limited or Limit removing engines? (Limited engines are like Vanilla/Chogolate/Cripsy whereas limit removing is ZDooM/GZDooM/PRBOOM+(I think))

4: How long is the wad (1 map? 10 maps? 32 Megawad?)

1. it's doom 2

2. vanilla

3. vanilla

4. 1 map

After play testing the map, I've come to a few points:

Design-wise this is basic but nice. I barely see any (if there even IS any) issues with the design of the map... with the exception of toxic water... that was confusing @_@

The difficulty is rather jarring. Since again the first post lacked any detail of how hard this map was going to be I had no idea I was about to spawn in the middle of a map with like 6-8 cacodemons start shooting fireballs at me. With that being said I DID beat the map in my first attempt since you generously gave the player a berserk pack just behind them... That is VERY much needed!

Persoanally the only 2 things that really bugged me where the sudden spawn of enemies all around me and the fact that I was given far too much ammo for such a basic map.

Fantastic start however, 8.5/10 :)

10 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Fantastic start however

What do you mean by "start" :O

Prove me wrong, but I believe you need to stop posting your maps temporarly, think bit deeper, wait for some time, then do new one, with better design, monster placement... hell everything.

Don't get my words wrong, however, I respect your efforts, it's seen you trying your best, at least. That's why you need to take a little break and spent more time on details and whole map experience.

1 hour ago, CWolf said:

Prove me wrong, but I believe you need to stop posting your maps temporarly, think bit deeper, wait for some time, then do new one, with better design, monster placement... hell everything.

Don't get my words wrong, however, I respect your efforts, it's seen you trying your best, at least. That's why you need to take a little break and spent more time on details and whole map experience.

if spent I half/one month on single level (making map, textures, testing difficulty ect.), nobody will play, and sees same/less replies than a single map made in 1 hour, so is more efficient to make small maps only :)

11 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

After play testing the map, I've come to a few points:

Design-wise this is basic but nice. I barely see any (if there even IS any) issues with the design of the map... with the exception of toxic water... that was confusing @_@

The difficulty is rather jarring. Since again the first post lacked any detail of how hard this map was going to be I had no idea I was about to spawn in the middle of a map with like 6-8 cacodemons start shooting fireballs at me. With that being said I DID beat the map in my first attempt since you generously gave the player a berserk pack just behind them... That is VERY much needed!

Persoanally the only 2 things that really bugged me where the sudden spawn of enemies all around me and the fact that I was given far too much ammo for such a basic map.

Fantastic start however, 8.5/10 :)

You are asking for a bunch of superfluous info, so it's ironic that you aren't providing info that is needed to contextualize your feedback, because it sounds very odd as is. The only way there is "too much ammo" in that map is if you have the ZDoom punching range, which is worth pointing out since you are playing a vanilla map. 

9 hours ago, CWolf said:

His maps could probably use more polish, but I doubt you'd like them if he spent 5-10x more time on them. Also the gameplay concept is more sophisticated than loads of maps that have more effort put into them, so I'm not seeing where effort is lacking there. 

1 hour ago, AsianMammoth said:

Cool map, but... damaging water?

Numerous maps have done this. 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:42 AM, xdarkmasterx said:

if spent I half/one month on single level (making map, textures, testing difficulty ect.), nobody will play, and sees same/less replies than a single map made in 1 hour, so is more efficient to make small maps only :)

I feel ya. I really like your maps and think they deserve more attention. I wouldn't normally recommend this, but since you seem to be able to make a lot of maps quickly, perhaps make a megawad? People love megawads.

19 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

it has bakteeria in it

B7_gut-bacteria.jpg&f=1

That's probably one of the better answers I've heard regarding why the water would be damaging.

2 hours ago, Benjogami said:

I feel ya. I really like your maps and think they deserve more attention. I wouldn't normally recommend this, but since you seem to be able to make a lot of maps quickly, perhaps make a megawad? People love megawads.

I think I mentioned a megawad in one of the other darkmaster threads, in the context of "you're making a lot of levels, are you going to combine these into a megawad?"

Some of the maps have decent visuals and pretty good encounter design. Others are just mishmashes of monsters that seem thrown together. I think darkmasterx could take his top maps and put together a bunch of maps at that level. With a storyline, that might make a decent megawad. In fact, if he could figure out a storyline to weave them together, I think he could take the levels he's released, improve the ones that were not as well received, and that would be a good start to a megawad.