Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

I don't think this has been asked very often...

What kind of mousepad do you have?

I used to have one, but I got sick of them because they were always bad for some reason. Some didn't attach to the table well enough, some were not flat anymore after using them some time and the others were sticky etc.

Then I found out that my table was good enough without any mousepad :)

The one on my desktop computer is a blue one with a gelpad at the base. It was annoying at first, as the gelpad constricted the mouse's movement. I've become used to it.

My laptop mouse usually doesn't use a mousepad.

I had one at first, but it was too sticky and confining, so I got rid of it. Now I just use the computer desk for a mousepad.

I have an optical mouse, using it directly against the desk is usually no problem. I prefer the lesser friction of a mousepad though, so I use a one. It's a Star Wars mousepad. Not that I care. I picked the first one I saw.

Last christmas my mum bought me one of those mousemats made from recycled circuit boards. It looked cool but it didnt work with my optical mouse :(

black background with "techno ZOMBIE" written on it with colourful graffiti-ish letters :P i found it from a local bookstore for 4$ or so, just HAD to get it.

kulma said:

black background with "techno ZOMBIE" written on it with colourful graffiti-ish letters :P i found it from a local bookstore for 4$ or so, just HAD to get it.

Since when you've been able to pay in Finland with dollars? ;)

I have an optical mouse, but still find it best to use a mousemat. I'm currently using one with a picture of Aspen Mountain on it - it cheers me up no end outside the skiing season.

I don't think this has been asked very often...

Maybe because it's a truly unexciting question.

Lüt said:

Hey Steve, I can see you on the left.

I just use the one that came with the crappy computer. it says DELL really big in the middle and has their general and support websites printed on them. when I get my optical, that will go in the trash.

lut: your mousepad rocks!

I have one with a rainforest drawing on it, one with Looney Toons, one with Star Wars (it's a hologram-type-thingie), a round one that looks like a pizza from Pizza Hut with pen marks all over it, one from Gateway, one from the post office that looks like a stamp with "Lon Chanly, Jr as The Wolfman" on it, one from my mom's work (MicroSemi Corp.), and I could have sworn I had another one... All those, and I use an optical mouse and a touchpad on my laptop.

At work, we have these ones from Hayward that have a picture of a girl swiming in perfectly clear pool water, and the mouse pad is actually filled with water.

It's a normal size mousepad with NAVY in big letters in the upper left hand corner, "Let the journey begin" below it, and 1-800-USA-NAVY and www.navyjobs.com at the bottom, with a picture in the background of an aircraft carrier I presume. I got it for free at some career fair I was forced to attend while still in high school. No, I don't plan on going into the military.

I use mousepads, yay yay yay!

I've tried the mice on the desk but they ain't good for that.

DooMer 4ever said:

Since when you've been able to pay in Finland with dollars? ;)

could you figure out the prize if i said:

se maksoi kaksikymmentä markkaa, or that it cost twenty marks.

HUH? ;P

Black thing with wristguard. I won an SA "1337 liek JeffK" mousepad at a school raffle, and sold it off to some JeffK otaku for $20. Who got the better deal?

some Army National Guard mousepad my brother gave me... it's really thin and small but it gets the job done. the picture of this guy is starting to irritate me... some dumb bastard with a weird look on his face screaming HOOAH!

A nice AT&T one that my dad got from his job (he works part-time as a Worldnet troubleshooter) on top of a cheap Pirates one, it was a giveaway at a game or something.

The only reason I use a mousepad now is because my optical mouse wouldn't work on the table itslef. (Logitech can be wierd sometimes)

My mousepad is a closeup of a lioness with her cub. Although I don't really pay attention to the mousepad much.

It's a nice thick and soft mousepad, like the good ones they used to make. Now some of those otehrs out there just suck.

A plain blue one. Nothing fancy. I did have an optical mouse for a short time, and it worked just fine...until I started playing games with it. Quick movements tend to foul up the response. Instead of moving like normal, the cursor (or player) just shakes around and basically stays in the same spot. If I need to dodge something in a hurry, the optical mouse just doesn't work for me.

I did have an optical mouse for a short time, and it worked just fine...until I started playing games with it. Quick movements tend to foul up the response. Instead of moving like normal, the cursor (or player) just shakes around and basically stays in the same spot. If I need to dodge something in a hurry, the optical mouse just doesn't work for me.

It's a known problem with optical mice, but I've actually only very rarely experienced it with mine. Just use a good one (MS Intellimouse for example) and set your sensitivity high enough.

ravage said:

My mousepad is a closeup of a lioness with her cub.

How cute, but I always thought your mousepad would be furry. :-b

Anyway I use my desk.

I have a Diablo 2: LoD one I made from last year. And I have a Doom one I just made recently, but its being displayed to the public for now...

Ichor said:

A plain blue one. Nothing fancy. I did have an optical mouse for a short time, and it worked just fine...until I started playing games with it. Quick movements tend to foul up the response. Instead of moving like normal, the cursor (or player) just shakes around and basically stays in the same spot. If I need to dodge something in a hurry, the optical mouse just doesn't work for me.

During my brief stint with an Intellimouse, I've also found that you need to lift the mouse up higher when you want to reposition it if you don't want the cursor to move, compared to a mouse with a ball.