Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thedoctor989

Doom 2 screenshots currupt

Hi im new to the Doom community and i recently got Doom II (95 Version) on my Windows Xp computer and when i go to take a Screenshot the images are corrupted and weird looking:untitled.JPG.b0572cb1e3cee5d3a56e2d8e34caa3fb.JPG

You shouldn't use Doom95. Playing Doom is better with one of our many source ports.

PRBoom+ - Will run Boom-compatible and vanilla/limit-removing maps.

Chocolate Doom - A stable vanilla experience.

Crispy Doom - Will run limit-removing and vanilla maps with extra features.

GZDoom and ZDoom32 - Will run anything, but has lesser performance than PRBoom+ in more detail/monster heavy maps.

All of these ports can take screenshots and should run with Windows XP.

^ Pretty much.

There really isn't any reason to use Doom95 on modern Windows OSes, there's plenty source ports to choose from which offer different experiences from one another and each is suitable for different things.

I wouldn't even use Doom95 if I were still using Win95, man. What gave you the idea it was a port you should still use these days? It's outdated in every possible way and only still exists for the museum.

i just thought that because i am on windows xp that i should use the Windows 95/XP version, but i found out that i was cutting myself short because i found out i can run Gzdoom as well as all of the other ports there are!

"the more you know!"

I may have an idea of a better name for that screenshot:

"dontuseDoom95.jpg"