Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RustyGold

Deimos: The Damned Moon

7 hours ago, RustyGold said:

Ok about the arrows. What If I get rid of all of them except for the one out of the start of the level? I just thought the red lines looked cool.

Do what you think is best, it's your mapset after all. There were red lines and arrows, right? The lines looked cool.

Hey guys I have an open spot for someone to make a guest map out of E2M9 "Which will not be a secret level" Pm me If you are Interested and I will show you what kinda map It needs to be. In the mean time I'm gonna work on E2M7 Spawning vats, Which I plan on It being as big or bigger than E2M4.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:19 PM, KVELLER said:

Do what you think is best, it's your mapset after all. There were red lines and arrows, right? The lines looked cool.

Yes, I agree that lines are cool.

Now that I am thinking of It I want to Inform all of you that I will be bundling Phobos: The Doomed Moon with this release along with some Improvements with It and I will do the same when I release the final chapter, With each map I finish I get a little better at mapping so I would like to add that skill to my older maps until I finish the trilogy.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:05 PM, RustyGold said:

Now that I am thinking of It I want to Inform all of you that I will be bundling Phobos: The Doomed Moon with this release along with some Improvements with It and I will do the same when I release the final chapter, With each map I finish I get a little better at mapping so I would like to add that skill to my older maps until I finish the trilogy.

nice to see that you'll be updating the first episode when you release the next episode

just wanted to let you know that this is one of the 5 things gamewise i am interested in seeing released

Sorry It's been so freaking long guys I've just been too depressed to do any real work on my maps. I haven't stopped completely just slowed down really SLOW. I've been fixing up some levels on Phobos and still bouncing ideas around In my head for E2M7.

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_050909.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_050940.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_051024.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_051057.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_050741.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_050850.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181028_050856.png

Still got two more parts of the map to finish and I will be done with E2M7. I think I'm gonna give this map the same soundtrack as E1M5 because this map Is fairly long.

Screenshot_Doom_20190101_063350.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190101_063420.png

Another update and I know It's been a long time but I've been re-balancing Phobos the Doomned Moon and Deimos. And I got E1M7 and E1M8 to fix then I will finish E2M7 and Start on E2M8. Anyway heres the screenshots of some of the areas I completely redone with E1. Also completely took The BFG out of Episode 1 and now will only have 1 Plasma gun. 

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143408.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143344.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143252.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143225.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143143.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190310_143113.png

Man, I love E2 maps and these are looking pretty good! Can't wait for the final release

E2M7 Is getting closer to being done. And just because It will be so long some of these screenshots are concepts for my eventual fray Into Doom 2

Screenshot_Doom_20190321_222202.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190321_222153.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190321_222138.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190321_222042.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190321_222034.png

Would any of you like to try out maps 1-6 and tell me how you feel about them so far? If so just PM me and I will send you a link to my mediafire

Screenshot_Doom_20180723_072757.png

So this is up on idgames now, and I've played the first two maps (on UV continuous w/ saves) and it's an absolute blast (as expected.) The first map drops you right into the Deimos weirdness, and I love the crazy corrupted base in the second level. This seems clearly balanced for continuous? The opening fights of map 2 definitely give me that impression (as does picking up just a single rocket in E2M1.)

Other thoughts on E2M2 in particular:

• There are 3 unkillable (as far as I know) monsters in one of the early areas. Consider putting a tripwire in, say, the exit room to trigger a crusher and kill them so you can actually max kills.
  • A couple of switches were on the ground and not the easiest to see. The first one was a radio, which was cute, but almost got covered up by an imp corpse. The second one outside was more obvious, but I kept running over it while trying to activate it; consider making it impassable, perhaps?
  • The road leading out of the map is blocked by an invisible barrier, which always takes me "out" of the game when I'm playing. Consider putting up a fence or gate instead.

Obviously feel free to ignore any or all of these suggestions. Good stuff so far!

7 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

So this is up on idgames now, and I've played the first two maps (on UV continuous w/ saves) and it's an absolute blast (as expected.) The first map drops you right into the Deimos weirdness, and I love the crazy corrupted base in the second level. This seems clearly balanced for continuous? The opening fights of map 2 definitely give me that impression (as does picking up just a single rocket in E2M1.)

Other thoughts on E2M2 in particular:

• There are 3 unkillable (as far as I know) monsters in one of the early areas. Consider putting a tripwire in, say, the exit room to trigger a crusher and kill them so you can actually max kills.
  • A couple of switches were on the ground and not the easiest to see. The first one was a radio, which was cute, but almost got covered up by an imp corpse. The second one outside was more obvious, but I kept running over it while trying to activate it; consider making it impassable, perhaps?
  • The road leading out of the map is blocked by an invisible barrier, which always takes me "out" of the game when I'm playing. Consider putting up a fence or gate instead.

Obviously feel free to ignore any or all of these suggestions. Good stuff so far!

Well It's already on Id games so I can' really do anything until episode 3 comes out. And thank you for giving me some feedback im glad you enjoyed it. I'm not gonna Ignore anything It'll just be another year before you see those changes.

So I finished this on Sunday. What a ride! I think I preferred E1, mainly because I really like your techbase stuff. (Though I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I think your outdoor stuff--cliffs and caves and whatnot--looks fantastic.) Loved a lot of the cutesy little detailing, stuff like the vent with a sector wrench lying in front of it. And I still love the way your load in hordes of low-tier baddies with the occasional muscle to make things interesting. If I had any complaints, it would be a couple of maps that closed off the exit area, such that going back to explore was no longer an option. And E2M7 felt too linear, since you have all the branching forks at the start, but they're closed off so you can only take them in the one order. Standout level was probably E2M6 (I think) with those glowing-red street lines in the dark; absolutely arresting visuals there.

Thanks again for making this! Looking forward to what comes next.

PSST, add the /idgames/ link to the first post. If you cannot, ask a moderator to do so.

9 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

So I finished this on Sunday. What a ride! I think I preferred E1, mainly because I really like your techbase stuff. (Though I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I think your outdoor stuff--cliffs and caves and whatnot--looks fantastic.) Loved a lot of the cutesy little detailing, stuff like the vent with a sector wrench lying in front of it. And I still love the way your load in hordes of low-tier baddies with the occasional muscle to make things interesting. If I had any complaints, it would be a couple of maps that closed off the exit area, such that going back to explore was no longer an option. And E2M7 felt too linear, since you have all the branching forks at the start, but they're closed off so you can only take them in the one order. Standout level was probably E2M6 (I think) with those glowing-red street lines in the dark; absolutely arresting visuals there.

Thanks again for making this! Looking forward to what comes next.

I feel dumb for not thinking about making E2M7 have all the paths open from the start in order to make the level less linear. So you did not have much trouble finding your way around E2M6? That's good, I was kinda wondering If I'd made things too hard with the switch placement. That stuff will be changed when I release episode 3. also I'd like to know what your favorite map was.

7 hours ago, Glaice said:

PSST, add the /idgames/ link to the first post. If you cannot, ask a moderator to do so.

Fixed It.

I had never played the first episode before, so I thought I give this a shot. Here are my random thoughts (some level info included, therefore spoiler tags):

E1M1:

It's a nice start I guess, not much else to say about it. I already noticed that ammo wasn't very plentiful, but I guess you are aiming for a tough entry. Nailed it, in that case.

E1M2:
To me it seemed as if this level was in bad need of quite a few additional shotgun shells. Maybe you intended it to be that way to challenge the player more by forcing pistol usage, but it's not necessarily my cup of tea. Pistol should only be needed when you start the game, otherwise it works best if you can just forget about it.

E1M3:
To be honest, trapping the player in the yellow keycard room with tons of imps and only the chaingun available as best weapon in your arsenal felt kinda dickish. Sure, you can run for that small room in front of you to throw the switch and evade some fire, but there's no way you are fast enough to avoid taking considerable damage.

E1M4:
370 enemies on HNTR. "Dis gon b gud", I thought, but then I wondered where all these monsters were supposed to be. Until I reached that big arena room with the blue keycard. Since you won't have many rockets up to this point, the sheer amount of monsters is kinda f***ing you sideways. An idea would be to either place more rockets or one invulnerability somewhere, at least on lower difficulties. Unless you are aiming for monster infighting and a sort of insane shotgun massacre. (Invulnerability Spheres don't seem to exist in this mod in general, btw.) :P

E1M5:
433 monsters on HNTR. I had to chainsaw a bit here, so that tells you that ammo placement could have been a bit better. Needless to say, getting that Plasmagun absolutely felt like the 2nd coming of Christ. If that was the intention: outstanding.

E1M6:
All of a sudden, the game is sh***ing me with rockets. I see the Cyberdemon next to the switch and think: "Aaah, I guess that's when I am supposed to get raped. Wondered already when it would happen." But then I see it works without waking the Cybie up. Well played! Here at the latest I realize how fantastic the music is in this addon. Difficulty also went back to acceptable levels, with opposition mostly consisting of zombies and sergeants.

E1M7:
Not much to say here except for I liked the ending with you boarding that shuttle. Looked amazing and fit the general setup of that map.

E1M8:
Got locked in inside the corridor with the "2" on the floor and the battery cell ammo underneath some ceiling corpses (yellow keycard door only opened once and then didn't let me leave any more). No idea why that happened, unless it was supposed to be a one-way trap - which would be stupid. Even when noclipping through that door, my yellow key wouldn't work any more on it from the outside afterwards. WTF.

Other than that, finally the highly anticipated moment came when the episode broke my balls, at long last: Two f'ing Cyberdemons in relatively tight quarters, with tons of potential splash damage to be collected. Invulnerability in some place, possibly a secret area (in lower difficulties at least), might work wonders. For anyone out there who loves dodging rockets without having too much space: Rejoice, you are in for a treat at the end of this level. At least the room looked great, a nice place to die.

Summary:

+ Great design, really feels like moving through a space station of some kind. Dark areas, creepy atmosphere

+ Amazing music selections that really fit the levels

+ Satisfying nuke barrel placement to blast away tons of monsters if you get the timing right

- Sometimes not enough ammo for weapons, especially in maps 1, 2 and 5

- Dickish encounters in E1M3, E1M4 and E1M8

- No secret level

Verdict for episode 1:

For me it's not without flaws since I am not a fan of fighting with low ammo counters. Nevertheless, I gotta say you made Doom challenging, in spite of its limited monster lineup. cannonball's "ConC.E.R.Ned" from 2013 was the last Doom pwad I have played so far that accomplished that before. Since I am a less skilled player, I would have wished for some help in some situations, but I guess there are people who get past this without breaking a sweat even on UV. I gotta say I quite dig the atmosphere here, and your outstanding music choices really help to get you in the mood. Many dark places here, but not in a bad way so you can't see sh*t, just to make the corridors creepy and more claustrophobic. That's what we want to see in a classic Doom episode! You also have a keen eye for details, computer workstations look the way they should, there are even toilets in the labs, secret switches are cleverly placed and your work with light and shadow is amazing throughout the entire episode.

Edited by NightFright

3 hours ago, NightFright said:

I had never played the first episode before, so I thought I give this a shot. Here are my random thoughts (some level info included, therefore spoiler tags):

Hide contents

E1M1:

It's a nice start I guess, not much else to say about it. I already noticed that ammo wasn't very plentiful, but I guess you are aiming for a tough entry. Nailed it, in that case.

E1M2:
To me it seemed as if this level was in bad need of quite a few additional shotgun shells. Maybe you intended it to be that way to challenge the player more by forcing pistol usage, but it's not necessarily my cup of tea. Pistol should only be needed when you start the game, otherwise it works best if you can just forget about it.

E1M3:
To be honest, trapping the player in the yellow keycard room with tons of imps and only the chaingun available as best weapon in your arsenal felt kinda dickish. Sure, you can run for that small room in front of you to throw the switch and evade some fire, but there's no way you are fast enough to avoid taking considerable damage.

E1M4:
370 enemies on HNTR. "Dis gon b gud", I thought, but then I wondered where all these monsters were supposed to be. Until I reached that big arena room with the blue keycard. Since you won't have many rockets up to this point, the sheer amount of monsters is kinda f***ing you sideways. An idea would be to either place more rockets or one invulnerability somewhere, at least on lower difficulties. Unless you are aiming for monster infighting and a sort of insane shotgun massacre. (Invulnerability Spheres don't seem to exist in this mod in general, btw.) :P

E1M5:
433 monsters on HNTR. I had to chainsaw a bit here, so that tells you that ammo placement could have been a bit better. Needless to say, getting that Plasmagun absolutely felt like the 2nd coming of Christ. If that was the intention: outstanding.

E1M6:
All of a sudden, the game is sh***ing me with rockets. I see the Cyberdemon next to the switch and think: "Aaah, I guess that's when I am supposed to get raped. Wondered already when it would happen." But then I see it works without waking the Cybie up. Well played! Here at the latest I realize how fantastic the music is in this addon. Difficulty also went back to acceptable levels, with opposition mostly consisting of zombies and sergeants.

E1M7:
Not much to say here except for I liked the ending with you boarding that shuttle. Looked amazing and fit the general setup of that map.

E1M8:
Got locked in inside the corridor with the "2" on the floor and the battery cell ammo underneath some ceiling corpses (yellow keycard door only opened once and then didn't let me leave any more). No idea why that happened, unless it was supposed to be a one-way trap - which would be stupid. Even when noclipping through that door, my yellow key wouldn't work any more on it from the outside afterwards. WTF.

Other than that, finally the highly anticipated moment came when the episode broke my balls, at long last: Two f'ing Cyberdemons in relatively tight quarters, with tons of potential splash damage to be collected. Invulnerability in some place, possibly a secret area (in lower difficulties at least), might work wonders. For anyone out there who loves dodging rockets without having too much space: Rejoice, you are in for a treat at the end of this level. At least the room looked great, a nice place to die.

Thank you for taking the time to not only play Episode 1 but to also give a new take on some things that someone who has played all the original Doom games on Ultra Violence without dieing once would have a tougher time noticing.

E1M1: I kinda took the Id software pill when making the first level for any of my wads and make them short and not really that hard.

E1M2: Is actually a mix of two earlier maps from before the release of episode 1 and I've thought about just scraping the whole level If It weren't for some areas that I liked.

E1M3: the area with the yellow key wasn't meant to be a dick move, I've seen a video where some people for the life of them can't figure out you are supposed to run though the small steel door and hit the switch as fast as you can closing a bar so the monsters can't get you, Imp fireballs and zombieboi bullets can still hit you. You are meant to stay In that little room and mow them down with your chaingun until you can hit one of the other door switches and leave safely.

E1M4: Yea I was planning on the player playing the whole mapset on Ultra violence so I think I will get on making a easier version, But when I do my runs I always mow them down with the Chaingun mmmm.. all this grinded meat makes me hungry.

E1M5: Again like I said for map 4 I probably need to make a easier mode because I base there off of how I play and I usually get worried that I make It too easy. The Plasmagun was originally the BFG In that spot and you would get the Plasmagun In E1M3 through a secret.

E1M6: This map always felt cozy to me because of the music. 

E1M7: That map was kinda hard to put together for It to work right because of all the different paths. I'm glad you saw no problems with it.

E1M8: Yea for some reason I completely missed that Hangar 2 room door every time I played through that map.I've seen others go through that problem too so I will fix It asap. Yea the final room was supposed to be a loose recreation of the box art where you can see the river styx.

Episode 2 Is alot harder just a fair warning.

Well, it may be that by removing the BFG from the episode, you have also altered difficulty of the E1M8 boss fight. With a BFG I can imagine I would have had a lot less problems since it just takes a couple of hits before the Cybies go down. In general it's good that you did this change.

If you wanted to be strictly classic, you would even have to omit the plasmagun, but considering the increased difficulty, it's better to leave it in. It's very satisfying and relieving to find a stronger weapon in this episode which is also remarkable.

I am glad I could give you a fresh perspective and it's good to read that you are considering changes for lower difficulties. Less monsters is also a fair suggestion - 400+ monsters is not an amount I would expect in maps of that size on HNTR. 100-150 less at least would be nice, if it's possible without making it boring.

That bug with the E1M8 yellow key door should also get checked.

Next week I'll play episode 2 and provide more feedback. It's gonna be on HNTR again, so let's see where I will have my waterloo this time. 

Anyway, if I played till the end in spite of all the criticism, you have definitely done something very right. Add optimizations for non-UV fans and this is going to be even more enjoyable. I like your kind of map design and your taste for fitting music. The whole episode just feels, looks and sounds right.

I am willing and motivated to go through all the levels again once you have made your adjustments, so count me in as a "low difficulty tester".

Edited by NightFright

Here is my review for episode 2:

E2M1:
It begins nicely, directly with an imp attacking. Otherwise it's fine as a start map.

E2M2:
The teleporter ambush in the room with rockets was nasty. I managed to survive with 3% health, but only because I didn't run around to find some medkits, so I'd say it's balanced. The outdoor area was nice - here you definitely need the rocket launcher and plasmagun which you find quite early. Here I also wondered for the first time if jumping was required since the yellow keycard couldn't be grabbed otherwise if I am not mistaken.

E2M3:
238 enemies on HNTR - and so it begins, I guess. I liked the details with toolboxes and tools on the floor, gives the impression of abandoned labs. My highlight of the level was ofc the red key ambush. However, I am not sure if the room unlocked by the red keycard counts as a secret. Maybe because you gotta backtrack and the backpack is inside?

E2M4:
428 enemies on HNTR - oh boy, here we go, I thought...
Visually this was definitely one of the highlights of the entire episode. The first "wow" moment already happened right at the beginning with the vast outdoor area and large halls. That demon mouth was also impressive, just like the intense fight that followed after entering it. Seeing the BFG through that small window was very motivating and cleverly done, makes you look for that secret to get that weapon.
The dark halls made fighting more challenging but also more interesting. Again you put a lot of effort into details like the operation tables with medical tools. This way it really felt like a medical lab. When the first Cyberdemon of the episode appeared, I already thought it was raping time again, but it was actually fair since you have a lot of space with sufficient ammo.
I liked the secret room with the blue armor since it was a larger area - usually secrets are small, but here it's almost like a small level part to explore and you are missing something if you don't find it. Hiding that blue keycard in a dark corridor was a bit nasty since I rather found it by accident, didn't expect anything special there. On the other hand, the briefing room with the red keycard delivered visually. When I was almost wondering if I had missing some large part of the level due to missing kills, the final fight before the exit teleporter came. It was actually much better than back in ep.1, lots of space with enough ammo, but infighting did a lot of the work for me.

E2M5:
The tricky part for me here was the cloverleaf-shaped room. It took me a while before realizing I could walk across the translucent floor without falling into the pit below, so I always tried to balance around the ledges, making the fight against the elevated enemies needlessly difficult.

E2M6:
It was a nice idea to have these red/blue coded floors and arrows, it helped with orientation. Otherwise it was an atmospheric level with dark hallways and lava lakes/rivers. I encountered two issues here which I will describe below.

E2M7:
It took me quite a while to progress after activating the switch in the small computer room. It wasn't clear to me what it did and due to the dim lighting in the other areas, the new switch it revealed wasn't obvious for me to see. Again I wondered if jumping is required since I didn't see any other way to get the yellow key. Another nice/nasty idea was putting that berserk pack near the red keycard in the darkness so picking it up came as a surprise.

E2M8:
Now THIS is a "Tower of Babel" map that actually deserves its name! Everything here was absolutely spot-on, from the initial buildup fight, the moment when you see that impressive tower reaching into the sky for the first time (I had always wondered how id could call it "Tower of Babel"), ascending the external stairs until the short but intense confrontation with the Cyberdemon on the tower top. With the BFG I can accept this close-quarter fight, other than the final fight in episode 1. A very satisfying conclusion to an excellent episode.

Regarding the two issues in E2M6:

- First one is minor, a texture issue with a box (see screenshots below)

- Second one was actually blocking my progress. I got stuck when trying to backtrack to get the red key which I had not picked up before. Some metal bars did not raise again and shooting the switch through the bars didn't help, either.

Other than that:
An excellent episode, IMO much better than the first, especially regarding ammo balancing and enemy placement. I didn't really have any difficulty issues on HNTR here at all, in spite of the higher monster counts towards the middle of the episode. Visually this was also a feast, especially E2M4 and E2M8.

What I am not sure about are the parts that obviously require you to jump. Personally I don't like jumping in classic-style Doom levels, but if you wanted to have this for some additional challenge, I guess it's OK.

Regarding ep.1, my suggestions would be (for lower difficulties, i.e. ITYTD and HNTR at least):

- Add more ammo in E1M1, E1M2, E1M4 (large hall with major fight) and E1M5

- Decrease monster amount in E1M3 (red keycard trap),

- Consider placing Invulnerability in E1M4 (hall fight) and E1M8 (Cyberdemon encounter)

- Only have one Cyberdemon in E1M8 instead of two

- Fix yellow key door in E1M8

e2m6_texture1.jpg

e2m6_texture2.jpg

e2m6_stuck.jpg

10 hours ago, NightFright said:

Here is my review for episode 2:

Hide contents

E2M1:
It begins nicely, directly with an imp attacking. Otherwise it's fine as a start map.

E2M2:
The teleporter ambush in the room with rockets was nasty. I managed to survive with 3% health, but only because I didn't run around to find some medkits, so I'd say it's balanced. The outdoor area was nice - here you definitely need the rocket launcher and plasmagun which you find quite early. Here I also wondered for the first time if jumping was required since the yellow keycard couldn't be grabbed otherwise if I am not mistaken.

E2M3:
238 enemies on HNTR - and so it begins, I guess. I liked the details with toolboxes and tools on the floor, gives the impression of abandoned labs. My highlight of the level was ofc the red key ambush. However, I am not sure if the room unlocked by the red keycard counts as a secret. Maybe because you gotta backtrack and the backpack is inside?

E2M4:
428 enemies on HNTR - oh boy, here we go, I thought...
Visually this was definitely one of the highlights of the entire episode. The first "wow" moment already happened right at the beginning with the vast outdoor area and large halls. That demon mouth was also impressive, just like the intense fight that followed after entering it. Seeing the BFG through that small window was very motivating and cleverly done, makes you look for that secret to get that weapon.
The dark halls made fighting more challenging but also more interesting. Again you put a lot of effort into details like the operation tables with medical tools. This way it really felt like a medical lab. When the first Cyberdemon of the episode appeared, I already thought it was raping time again, but it was actually fair since you have a lot of space with sufficient ammo.
I liked the secret room with the blue armor since it was a larger area - usually secrets are small, but here it's almost like a small level part to explore and you are missing something if you don't find it. Hiding that blue keycard in a dark corridor was a bit nasty since I rather found it by accident, didn't expect anything special there. On the other hand, the briefing room with the red keycard delivered visually. When I was almost wondering if I had missing some large part of the level due to missing kills, the final fight before the exit teleporter came. It was actually much better than back in ep.1, lots of space with enough ammo, but infighting did a lot of the work for me.

E2M5:
The tricky part for me here was the cloverleaf-shaped room. It took me a while before realizing I could walk across the translucent floor without falling into the pit below, so I always tried to balance around the ledges, making the fight against the elevated enemies needlessly difficult.

E2M6:
It was a nice idea to have these red/blue coded floors and arrows, it helped with orientation. Otherwise it was an atmospheric level with dark hallways and lava lakes/rivers. I encountered two issues here which I will describe below.

E2M7:
It took me quite a while to progress after activating the switch in the small computer room. It wasn't clear to me what it did and due to the dim lighting in the other areas, the new switch it revealed wasn't obvious for me to see. Again I wondered if jumping is required since I didn't see any other way to get the yellow key. Another nice/nasty idea was putting that berserk pack near the red keycard in the darkness so picking it up came as a surprise.

E2M8:
Now THIS is a "Tower of Babel" map that actually deserves its name! Everything here was absolutely spot-on, from the initial buildup fight, the moment when you see that impressive tower reaching into the sky for the first time (I had always wondered how id could call it "Tower of Babel"), ascending the external stairs until the short but intense confrontation with the Cyberdemon on the tower top. With the BFG I can accept this close-quarter fight, other than the final fight in episode 1. A very satisfying conclusion to an excellent episode.

Regarding the two issues in E2M6:

- First one is minor, a texture issue with a box (see screenshots below)

- Second one was actually blocking my progress. I got stuck when trying to backtrack to get the red key which I had not picked up before. Some metal bars did not raise again and shooting the switch through the bars didn't help, either.

Other than that:
An excellent episode, IMO much better than the first, especially regarding ammo balancing and enemy placement. I didn't really have any difficulty issues on HNTR here at all, in spite of the higher monster counts towards the middle of the episode. Visually this was also a feast, especially E2M4 and E2M8.

What I am not sure about are the parts that obviously require you to jump. Personally I don't like jumping in classic-style Doom levels, but if you wanted to have this for some additional challenge, I guess it's OK.

Regarding ep.1, my suggestions would be (for lower difficulties, i.e. ITYTD and HNTR at least):

- Add more ammo in E1M1, E1M2, E1M4 (large hall with major fight) and E1M5

- Decrease monster amount in E1M3 (red keycard trap),

- Consider placing Invulnerability in E1M4 (hall fight) and E1M8 (Cyberdemon encounter)

- Only have one Cyberdemon in E1M8 instead of two

- Fix yellow key door in E1M8

e2m6_texture1.jpg

e2m6_texture2.jpg

e2m6_stuck.jpg

I've been messing around with the balance of the first 4 levels of episode one like you asked and I appreciate the feed back, I'll fix the errors on E2M6. My maps do not require jumping. the only Jumping you would be doing Is like running ledge to ledge.