Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 minute ago, Teder said:

What the name of this mod? I'd like to play it.

He wrote it in the screenshot names: "Community Chest 2".

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Imgur seems to be messing up my screenshots by making them darker than they really are, and I can't seem to fix it.

Might be caused by gamma shenanigans. You can try loading one of the unmodified screenshots directly in your browser (drag and drop to a tab usually works) to check. If they look fine when seen locally, then it might be imgur stripping away some "useless" chunks like gAMA or sRGB...

Rediscovered this old TNS screenshot from the Plutonia Nightmare session two years ago. I feel it really sums up "Plutonia + Survival + Nightmare" in a single picture.

SJFBVto.png

22 minutes ago, Gez said:

Might be caused by gamma shenanigans. You can try loading one of the unmodified screenshots directly in your browser (drag and drop to a tab usually works) to check. If they look fine when seen locally, then it might be imgur stripping away some "useless" chunks like gAMA or sRGB...

It has the same problem when i just load the image in a browser tab, but still looks good when opened in an image viewer on my desktop (which matches the way it looks in-game). I've been doing searches to look into the cause of the problem, and it seems like darkened pngs are pretty common, but the stuff i'm reading is largely gibberish to me. Based on the search results, it seems to happen more when the image is created with certain programs, but i'm just generating the shots directly from zdoom/gzdoom.

In the Doomworld forums, you can upload your screenshots directly to the forums as an attachment to your post.

another sprite made by me ...... take me one hour

is The Kaiser Elite Guard, waiting for you

Kaiser Elite Guard v5 2.0.png

11 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

It has the same problem when i just load the image in a browser tab, but still looks good when opened in an image viewer on my desktop (which matches the way it looks in-game). I've been doing searches to look into the cause of the problem, and it seems like darkened pngs are pretty common, but the stuff i'm reading is largely gibberish to me. Based on the search results, it seems to happen more when the image is created with certain programs, but i'm just generating the shots directly from zdoom/gzdoom.

Try something like converting to BMP and then converting the BMP back to PNG, see if it "bakes" the gamma in.

1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

Simple Arch-Vile replacement enemy that locks on target and blasts away.

dpRon7W.gif

Valkiriforce experimenting with custom monsters? Color me intrigued.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:25 AM, Teder said:

@Bauul Those cables are not only textures - I made simple md3 model (two triangles plane) and thx to thad I can put them easily where I want. Here are models, textures and DECORATE file. In the decorate file are descriptions where are textures from (DOOM 3, QUAKE 4, Aliens vs predator 2). I ripped them and make a new pk3, so you can use it if you like. There are 12 cables models.

Screenshot_Doom_20180825_092202.jpg.17c38a230909ac5d67372b468f832d8f.jpg

ANDROMEDA.zip

Just change zip to pk3.

EDIT: @Bauul your gif looks great!

Thank you so much for compiling these!  That was genuinely wonderful of you, and you have my sincere gratitude.  They'll look perfect in the map I'm making.  

You're awesome!

12 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Hey, now that's clever!

@Teder Oh yes, thanks a lot! Those cables look amazing and enrich every tech base and even some hellscapes I can imagine.

15 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Cool stuff! But I think baron is too fat choice to run so fast like this.

4 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Cool stuff! But I think baron is too fat choice to run so fast like this.

Demon racism!

On a serious note, I'm fairly certain a Baron could sprint, just that they don't to look intimidating.

Plus, whatever prosthesis the Baron has could allow him to move faster.

Weather effects don't look bad but they are ruined by having that drab default Doom 2 sky looming behind them. Find something much darker and maybe higher-res too.

EDIT: Also looks like the raindrops aren't Y-billboarded? Definitely fix that. Looking up any small amount will ruin the effect.

Edited by Jimmy

@Jimmy it's my 7 years old abadonned project. Raindrops are Y-billboard but I don't remember are they set correct on those screenshots. Big clouds were cut from original sky, so they need original sky as a background - that was the conception. It was a pain in an ass to set every sector outside to change light when thunder come to fullbright. But was looking fun.

DOOM0018.jpg.e99317ddd57ffa83473684aa2ee7ce4e.jpg

DOOM0009.jpg.12deebe8c161d6eb4661a4848dc2ffb7.jpg

DOOM0010.jpg.4fab9221e77942e7fae18929a0a69e10.jpg

Are here some Diablo hellfire fans? So look this:

DOOM0013.jpg.be1124e164b2a760edaf27a208988107.jpg

Wow! That's a party!

EDIT:

btw something for the thread:

Years ago I remade DOOM map for QUAKE 4 with original textures.

shot00009.jpg

@Marlamir Thank you. When I start make rain effect I used single spawner, but performance was absolutely unplayable, so I decide to make simple width animated sprites, which is turning on when you are in his look state. Rain spawner was much more impressive, cause, as we know, sprite is billboarded. Maybe someday I back to mod DOOM.

So those are actually sprites? This is very interesting solution but its must be pain in as* to place all of them, though.

Rain was one of pain. Each sector have skybox picker. Here are screenshots:

1. Just rain:

1.jpg.70bf1ea58e916c7e3f72e1878a0e126e.jpg

2. Skybox pickers.

2.jpg.0be9187e0d9e9dd1c00e0291b09bb2ea.jpg

3. My animated clouds. I know they are bad looking, but this was a test and I liked it.

3.jpg.21c6f34f774005629352b8484fab899e.jpg

Last updated version was made in 2010 october. Everything was made without models render (no gzdoombuilder yet) and pasting all this bushes, trees and others took long time.