Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starwind Amada

Doom Builder Won't Let Me Test Map

I selected Doom 2 and ZDoom but this is what comes up when I try to test a map:

Unable to start the test program, Win32Exception: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. Did I not set something up? I want to make a Doom II map.

Also we could make maps for money I am starting a company called Starwind Doom Maps INC and we will pay top dollar for your maps all you need to do is tell us the design and we will make it for you prices range from $50 an hour to $500 dollars grand but also we have coupons we will mail out to various people maybe even people who don't game I mean it could work plus this chritstmas there will be something BIG OH YEAH so get ready go to stwainddoommapsinc.org and register today for a newsletter plus you can win a trip to id software we will call tomorrow and ask if we can have a tour or something and meet john remero

Guest Unregistered account

what on earth

it sounds like you may wanna check and make sure you're running the right version of doombuilder. looks like you have the 32-bit version (you need 64-bit for a 64 bit cpu) and that's caused me a lot of grief in the past.

16 minutes ago, zaszthedestroyer said:

it sounds like you may wanna check and make sure you're running the right version of doombuilder. looks like you have the 32-bit version (you need 64-bit for a 64 bit cpu) and that's caused me a lot of grief in the past.

I can't find a 64-bit version. I Googled it but it just gave me the Doom 64 Builder. There doesn't seem to be a 64-bit version.

1 minute ago, Starwind Amada said:

I can't find a 64-bit version. I Googled it but it just gave me the Doom 64 Builder. There doesn't seem to be a 64-bit version.

There is no specific 64bit version of Doom Builder, nor do you need one. @zaszthedestroyer has given you incorrect information.

Unfortunately that error message is rather non-standard. There's probably nothing anybody here can suggest outside of telling you to make sure ZDoom is running correctly on your own PC and you've configured the testing path correctly.

It should look like this, except ZDoom instead of Eternity:

6c0821187b.png

22 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Unfortunately that error message is rather non-standard. There's probably nothing anybody here can suggest outside of telling you to make sure ZDoom is running correctly on your own PC and you've configured the testing path correctly.

It should look like this, except ZDoom instead of Eternity:

6c0821187b.png

Wait, wait. I'm lost. ZDoom? You mean GZDoom? 

Here's what I did:

Can you please give me a detailed rundown of what I need to do to get this working? What do I install aside from Zandronum and GZDoom? I want to start from scratch.

Screenshot (77).png

Edited by Starwind Amada

41 minutes ago, Starwind Amada said:
41 minutes ago, Starwind Amada said:

Can you please give me a detailed rundown of what I need to do to get this working? What do I install aside from Zandronum and GZDoom? I want to start from scratch.

A while back I provided a link to my tutorials in the Tutorial section.

As to what to do for installing an editor see this direct link.

Edited by Kappes Buur

I would highly suggest pulling ZDoom out of the Steam folders in Program Files and moving it to somewhere like C:\Games\ZDoom instead, then point the editor to that location. It probably won't help this error but its better regardless.

13 hours ago, Edward850 said:

There is no specific 64bit version of Doom Builder, nor do you need one. @zaszthedestroyer has given you incorrect information.

hmmn. you're right. i could have sworn i downloaded a 64 bit version?

well, in any case i apologize. it was never my intention to mislead.

if i understand correctly you can try downloading GZDOOM here: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=60221

and then set DB to test off that. That's what ive been doing and its (mostly) never given me problems.