Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Game is a bit too easy ?

15 minutes ago, Job said:

If every game was Dark Souls, Dark Souls wouldn't be Dark Souls, rendering this whole post invalid. The point is, not every game has to be Dark Souls. 

Let's stay on topic please. We are not discussing Dark Souls here. 

1 hour ago, MK-ULTRA said:

Let's stay on topic please. We are not discussing Dark Souls here. 

I'm not really sure how my post was off topic. It was a comparison that's actually applicable on multiple levels. 

13 minutes ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

every game is Dark Souls these days, haven't you heard?

Have you played Dark Souls? Because you sound like someone who hasn't tried it or gave up trying to beat it. 

24 minutes ago, Job said:

Have you played Dark Souls? Because you sound like someone who hasn't tried it or gave up trying to beat it. 

it's a joke. i don't have anything against Dark Souls at all.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:27 PM, MK-ULTRA said:

The challenges do become rather easy later in the game. I created my own challenges to keep things fresh and interesting. I once completed Titan's Realm while my girlfriend went down on me. I called it "BFG BLOWOUT" .  

Da fuck?

Yes, it was, i played it on UV and i only got stuck by dying a couple of times.

I love the game, I really do, having spent over 300 hours in it I can safely say It's one of my favorite games of 2016, It's just I have a feeling the gameplay isn't all that varied, so I feel like a bit of puzzle solving or key and switching hunting could have helped make it better, To be honest it started getting annoying whenever I hear the music suddenly change I know I'm up to another lockdown, funny the music is supposed to pump you up for the fight, but it only served as a way to get me annoyed, maybe the larger arenas in the sequel will solve that, but we'll see.

I wouldn't have minded puzzles or more in-depth key/switch hunting, but I think they would be best used sparingly. Having to do puzzles and hunt things down in every replay sounds like it could become a chore unless there was some way of varying them. A fight is a more dynamic thing, you have to be really good and know exactly where to be at what time in order to play out the exact same scenario each time. Fights have more replay value.

One good excuse for id to include more cryptic puzzles and the like in Doom Eternal is to tie it in with the secrets. The harder it is to figure out, the better the reward for figuring it out should be. In E1M3 of Classic Doom, you had a secret that lead you to a yellow key. Useless unless you find the other secret with the yellow door, after which you find an assortment of goodies as your reward.

I do not have the game (i am poor :"v) but it does not look very hard

What were you waiting for? That it was like my bosses?

Games today have become too easy. The excuse shouldn't be that people don't have the time to fully play games. I have all the free time in the world.

59 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Games today have become too easy. The excuse shouldn't be that people don't have the time to fully play games. I have all the free time in the world.

There are still plenty of difficult games though, without counting Dark Souls.

Also, you might have time, others don't.

I have to admit that part of why I'm asking this is because I really enjoyed this aspect of the previous Doom games, solving some little puzzles by looking for keys and switches, when you look at it they're not really puzzles but rather just some simple fetch quests, perhaps I'm weird or maybe because I like Adventure games more, maybe the way the original games appealed to me is different than most Doom fans after all, I'm glad the hints can be turned off from the options menu at the very least, eventhough they're (EDIT: the switches and keys) are still very easy to find.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:50 PM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Are you a full-time worker with a family?

7 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

Are you a full-time worker with a family?

I don't have a job yet, but I want to be a game developer. Why ask?

On 1/13/2018 at 8:27 PM, MK-ULTRA said:

The challenges do become rather easy later in the game. I created my own challenges to keep things fresh and interesting. I once completed Titan's Realm while my girlfriend went down on me. I called it "BFG BLOWOUT" .  

Was part of the challenge finding a girlfriend willing to do that?

Or is that just my introverted mindset?

7 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Why ask?

Why do you think?

On 9/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

The excuse shouldn't be that people don't have the time to fully play games. I have all the free time in the world.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, Agent6 said:

Also, you might have time, others don't.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:41 AM, tempdecal.wad said:

Example, Keycard placed right next to Blue door, takes no effort to find it :

20180108133932_1.jpg

Map 05: The Waste Tunnels, the yellow keycard required to open the yellow exit door is literally right in front of the door. Seems to be a quirk throughout the series I guess!

On 9/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I don't have a job yet, but I want to be a game developer. Why ask?

So then you seem to have lots of time on your hands. Unless you're a busy uni student...

Unrelated: anyone who has played a game for 300 hours will find it trivial.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:05 PM, tempdecal.wad said:

I have started replaying the game recently and it has become more apparent that the game doesn't do a good job at challenging the players brain, you go upstairs, Pickup the key, right next to the key is a hatch, you open it and you're quickly taken back to the door for that key you just picked up, I hate it when games treat players like idiots and do not let them do things by themselves, only level where I truly felt like I'm looking for keys and gore nests by myself was the Foundry, I had totally no problem with the linearity of other levels but the thing that's been bugging me the most is how "obvious and noob friendly" the solutions are, Anyone else feels the same way ?

I don't understand your sentiment at all.

It's a fast paced action shooter. The key cards are placed where they are, because it's not the focus of the game to provide puzzles.

And for those who demand puzzles anyway, id put a whole bunch of secrets into the game. So if you want puzzles, go for a 100% run. The puzzles are extremely well placed. Always fair and sometimes so obvious, you just facepalm when you finally find them.

So there are a ton of puzzles in the game and you complain about the keycard placing?

2 hours ago, intx said:

id put a whole bunch of secrets into the game. So if you want puzzles, go for a 100% run. The puzzles are extremely well placed. Always fair and sometimes so obvious, you just facepalm when you finally find them.

Well the secrets aren't essential to progress in the game, unlike keycards, but since apparently puzzles aren't the focus of the game I think it's time to end this debate.

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Well the secrets aren't essential to progress in the game, unlike keycards, but since apparently puzzles aren't the focus of the game I think it's time to end this debate.

Yes, because it's a shooter.