Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

So what is the best game on the build engine you think?

Me too, Blood has become my favorite ever since checking it out recently for the first time, by far the most fun of all.

Blood for sure. Not only is the theme really unique but I believe the engine itself was improved, but I could be wrong on that.

Definitely Blood with it's great atmosphere, fun to use guns with unique alternate fire options and awesome levels, especially the Carnival level and the Snow levels.

William Shatner Presents: William Shatner's Tekwar

Just kidding. Honestly I haven't played Build engine games enough to really have a personal opinion.

Another vote for Blood over here. To be honest, I didn't expect so many people to like that game over the other ones.

I try several times Blood 1 but each time this game give me a headache with this strange perspective, so I give up. My brain badly tolerate Build Engine.

58 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Unpopular opinion: SW3D. Never played Blood.

I'm pretty sure Shadow Warrior is just called that, "Shadow Warrior". No 3D anywhere in the name.

Since I've never played Blood and barely played Shadow Warrior... Duke 3D. I mean there's a whole big, bloated franchise around just that one game. It's clearly better than Blood. I'm not even saying that to get you all riled up. What happened to Blood? Was it the developer kept it in check while Duke's license owners were like WE NEED MORE DUKE EVERYWHERE!!!

7 minutes ago, geo said:

What happened to Blood?

Blood released at a time when fully 3D accelerated FPS started poping out, that I think made the game sell poorly, and to add insult to injury it was followed with a bad sequel.

25 minutes ago, geo said:

Since I've never played Blood and barely played Shadow Warrior... Duke 3D. I mean there's a whole big, bloated franchise around just that one game. It's clearly better than Blood. I'm not even saying that to get you all riled up. What happened to Blood? Was it the developer kept it in check while Duke's license owners were like WE NEED MORE DUKE EVERYWHERE!!!

I think Blood deserves props for having gear that you star tout with that's still viable throughout it.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I'm pretty sure Shadow Warrior is just called that, "Shadow Warrior". No 3D anywhere in the name.

I actually call it that way.

Of the big three Build Engine classics, I'd honestly say that Blood is probably the best of them. Duke Nukem really hasn't aged well, and for some reason Gearbox felt the need to cripple the audio of the only version of Duke Nukem 3D that is currently available to me (seriously, everything sounds muffled and flat in World Tour). Shadow Warrior is a lot more enjoyable than Duke Nukem, but even then Lo Wang doesn't hold a candle to Caleb. I haven't even played the entirety of Blood (the port on Steam sucks) but the small amount that I did play, while frustratingly difficult at times, was a lot more engaging than both Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior.

I hope someone (preferably the good folk at Night Dive Studios) gets their hands on the Blood license somehow so that we can get a proper remaster à la the Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

I'm not sure whether or not I should include Ion Maiden, but the preview campaign that's been released is extremely promising. I just hope they make Shelly's quips more enjoyable in the full game...

Duke Nukem 3D, for purely subjective and nostalgic reasoning.

I think Shadow Warrior comes fairly close to Duke 3D in many regards, and even surpasses it as far as weapon design is concerned. The railgun is just so sleek and cool looking and has a really good kick to it when you fire it off. The missile launcher and shotgun are also incredibly fun to play with. All of the weapons in Shadow Warrior are amazing, really. That being said, Shadow Warrior is the only freelook FPS game that I play with aiming assistance on account of how some of your projectiles fire way off the mark. 

1 hour ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I hope someone (preferably the good folk at Night Dive Studios) gets their hands on the Blood license somehow so that we can get a proper remaster à la the Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

Unfortunately that's highly unlikely, at this point Blood is pretty much dead as a franchise. It was released at a bad time when true 3D games started coming out and were rapidly becoming popular so it was never popular to begin with, in addition to the source code never seeing the light of day.

Devolver Digital tried at some point to purchase the rights, but Atari asked for so much money they said it was not worth it. It's a shame, the franchise deserved so much more, but its future looks very dark, just like Duke's...

But, on a somewhat positive note, Jace Hall teased something related to Blood at some point, though I wouldn't hold my breath:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaceHall/status/751611945292222464

For me, both Blood and Duke Nukem 3D are the best. At the time I am writing this, I have not played Shadow Warrior yet (I can't seem to figure out which version I should get... I want the one with the most content).

8 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

For me, both Blood and Duke Nukem 3D are the best. At the time I am writing this, I have not played Shadow Warrior yet (I can't seem to figure out which version I should get... I want the one with the most content).

The original release is free on steam, It also comes with a bunch of prototypes. Go ahead and give it a try.