Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wolffury4078

what do you think the minimum specs are for doom eternal

Recent idtech is not as hardware hungry as it used to be in the past. With Dooms release being away at least 1 year I wouldn't buy anything specifically for Doom right now.

I'm not sure but I have a feeling I'm going to have to OC my i5 2500k and GTX 970 when it comes.

I've had the CPU for 7 years and my GPU for 4 years now. I love them very much and I hope I can keep them longer.

I've got an i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, along with 16GB of RAM. I bought it last year so I'm guessing my rig will still be good?

I believe it's gonna run fine with seemingly older systems too. I have an i7-4790K 4.0Ghz, GTX 970 Mini 4GB, MicroATX version and 32GB of RAM. Should run fine I think, although I might change my GPU to a newer one for DE. :)

It's a terrible time to buy new hardware right now with the end of the 12nm CPU's and GPU's near. By the time DOOM Eternal is released, there'll be the 7nm CPU's and GPU's either very close or already on the scene. AMD currently seems to be on the brink of launching their first server/workstation class of 7nm hardware, while intel is lagging behind due to fab issues atm but should catch up shortly thereafter). We should see mass consumer grade 7nm cpu/gpu's from both AMD and Intel rollout likely by mid-2019.

Of course with that said, if you absolutely need an upgrade or just want a new PC entirely, it's safe to assume whatever is high end or mid range will (probably) be more than capable of playing the new DOOM as was the case for DOOM 2016 and older hardware, but if you want the absolute latest and greatest that will be guaranteed to run in pitch perfect, then yeah, hold off. It'll give you plenty of time to save as well.

My laptop is a piece of shit, LOL.  I can only run CoD World at War at minimum settings.

Hopefully the specs come at the same time I save up enough money for a decent computer.

Minimal Specs

RAM: 8gb. RAM.

GPU: GTX 680(2GB) or above.

CPU: AMD 8320/i5-2400 or above.

Free Disk Space: 50GB.

3 minutes ago, Aizen said:

Minimal Specs

RAM: 8gb. RAM.

GPU: GTX 680(2GB) or above.

CPU: AMD 8320/i5-2400 or above.

Free Disk Space: 50GB.

Where did you get that?

Well, for Wolfenstein II, which uses the same engine as Doom 2016, we have this:

Minimum system requirements:

CPU: AMD FX-8350/Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-3570/i7-3770

RAM: 8 GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

STORAGE: 55 GB available space

Recommended:

CPU: AMD FX-9370/Ryzen 5 1600X or Intel Core i7-4770

RAM: 16 GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better

Store: 55 GB available space

I imagine Doom Eternal is going to be even higher than that.

If they succeeded in making the system requirements even lower than Doom 2016, that would be nothing short of a technological miracle.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:58 PM, NoXion said:

I've got an i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, along with 16GB of RAM. I bought it last year so I'm guessing my rig will still be good?

OF COURSE!!!! Even mine will be good! Relax man ur more than good :) 

Bought it a month before release in 2016, i7 6700k 4ghz, singular geforce 980ti and 16gb ram memory. REMEMBER!!!! gpu and monitor are the most important things for games like doom! Ram, cpu and motherboard just need to be 16gb (more than enough ram for anything not design or server related!!!!!, games today take most of their functions from the gpu and its vram, unlike the olden times) and 'up to date enough' for the cpu and motherboard (aka within 2-3yrs before the game is released ideally)

17 hours ago, Mike Anderson said:

Well, for Wolfenstein II, which uses the same engine as Doom 2016, we have this:

Minimum system requirements:

CPU: AMD FX-8350/Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-3570/i7-3770

RAM: 8 GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

STORAGE: 55 GB available space

Recommended:

CPU: AMD FX-9370/Ryzen 5 1600X or Intel Core i7-4770

RAM: 16 GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better

Store: 55 GB available space

I imagine Doom Eternal is going to be even higher than that.

Yeah, I think it'd be closer to Wolfenstein II's. And even though it ran on the idTech6 engine, Doom's minimum specs were lower than that. Proof is on the Steam page.

Given that they're looking to get it running well on the Nintendo Switch, in addition to the base consoles, I can't imagine the bare bone minimum will be much higher than Doom 2016 or Wolfenstein II.

2 hours ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Given that they're looking to get it running well on the Nintendo Switch, in addition to the base consoles, I can't imagine the bare bone minimum will be much higher than Doom 2016 or Wolfenstein II.

Either the Nintendo Switch uses more efficient architecture than the other consoles or PC, or they are going to tone it down a little bit in order to get it to run on the Nintendo Switch.

Kinda like how they made crappy versions of CoD for the Wii.  But not to that extend, thank God.

Well, those crappy COD games for the Wii are more or less the same game with the shaders stripped out and textures set to low. To their credit, Panic Button got the majority of the graphics effects of the games onto the Switch ports, just at reduced quality.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:04 AM, MetroidJunkie said:

I think they would just gut most advanced graphical features from the Switch version but keep it for the PC release so I wouldn't hope for low specs because of it.

Keep in mind that both Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein II managed to keep nearly all of the shader effects on the Switch version, at reduced quality and with a dynamically adjusted resolution. The Switch version of Wolfenstein II even has volumetric lighting. If they start gutting out effects, it'll look bad on their part since they've set a standard. Not only that, but effects severe enough to not get on the Switch at all, will most likely cripple owners of the Base Ps4 and Xbox One consoles, of which there are still quite many of those. id Software would be shooting themselves in the foot if they took the minimum requirements that far, especially since they claimed the game manages to have a substantial increase in geography with the same optimal performance.