Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

Map13 UV Max/Reality:

sd13y1111.zip

Youtube Video

It's a nice run time which shows I must be a single ;P

Fortunately, the part requires luck is the switch in the Red Skull room, which it's the beginning. Shotgunner is usually the run terminator because you have no way to hide from that trap if they actually decide to shoot you. The hard part is the Red Skull room, which involves enemies from all directions where you can be shot at without being noticed.

After like several hours in, I wanted to give up for a moment because I don't really have a good method to deal with things, but I took another like 30 min to improve the strategy. There was a run that I got hit by the last Revenant (enemy 130 out of 131), which made me so mad... Anyway, I'm done with this map.

Cool that you are doing reality runs. I've enjoyed those casually, but I've never tried an official one. I think I'll look more into these, as well as maybe trying some ambitious -fasts. :)

I marked my sd10 max not for DSDA. Sorry. Hopefully no one gets upset :P, but upon sober reflection there are a couple of moments I'm displeased with, so I'll polish it further over the course of the month and I'll submit one later, with the old one included in the zip.

Edited by rdwpa

@rdwpaWell, I think it's more like a challenge run or some sort for me to run Reality. It's kind of depressed to run because you usually can't do it quick (of course this may be my skill level) and sometimes you must pray for luck, but it's a nice change from other type of runs. It's definitely recommended when you want some rage ;P

37 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Map 25 UV-Max in 6:16

:)

sd25-616.zip

Awesome!!! This one map was always painful to me hehe :D such a great run. I wonder if you tried map 26 or 31 :)

I like how you intentionally missed the health pile at around 3:45 to make the boring RL spam section slightly more exciting. Very meta of you!

Really sweet new records, Yousuf! I'm certain that even Qaatar's SOD maxes are quite improvable with your skill.

@SAV88 thanks man! there are few more maps (probably map 33 too) I want to max and will try my best.

@rehelekretep well, I use keyboard (run, strafe, movement) + mouse (shoot, use/open). i use Right Shift button as 180 turn. it’s nice to use.

i thought so! its quite a nice idea; do you find it helps you keep a lower more controllable sensitivity with your mouse because you can 180 with right-shift if necessary?

11 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

i thought so! its quite a nice idea; do you find it helps you keep a lower more controllable sensitivity with your mouse because you can 180 with right-shift if necessary?

yes it does help!

map 33 uv-max in 5:26

Used the hud. I love this map. Only thing that I didn't like at all is that the BFG secret that requires AV jump, which is bullshit. Other than that, it's an excellent map and took a hard time to beat. About the time.. well this is it for me. Love the music though :)

sd33-526.zip

Episode 1 HNTR-Max in 38:27

UV-Max in a month (two? (three?)) unless someone better does it first.

sde1s2-3827.zip

@Nevanos cool run, but you missed an imp that fell down to the central acid pit

Edited by tchkb

On 9/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, Nevanos said:

MAP06 UV-Fast in 4:52.

Table filler, but it's nice to do a run again.

sd06fast-452.zip

amazing run Nevan, but my smart kill count showed 1 monster left. maybe 1 imp fell into a pit? or maybe something else i don't know

nonetheless, an inspiring run, maybe i'll check how bad my movements ingame are in next months