Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Most awkward thing to ever happen to you

When I was younger in Middle School, me and my class were on the bus back from some school trip to New York. Then some kids were making some moaning noises in the back of the bus and I yelled "STOP HAVING SEX ON THE BUS!" thinking that I'd get some laughs from saying, you know, that word.(We were all 13 at the time, if that clarifies anything). 

Anyways, I was met with a long awkward silence, and I just said "OK I'll stop now" and turned around.

I still cringe thinking about this today.

11 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

I don't have any of my own because I don't go outside.

You contradict yourself here

Anyway in 7th grade I was kinda weird and really socially anxious and all the other stuff people go thru at 12

So there was this girl in my class that I kinda liked but she really pissed me off for some reason as well. So I would kinda express that out loud. This went on during 7th grade and a part of 8th.

Yeah that was cringe but at least I grew out of it and turned out to be the badass I am today, I regret nothing

Thank god I'm not that autistic anymore

Having to greet like an 'old friend' a person who was quite hostile to me and didn't got along, during a school friends reunion

Yeah, randomly meeting someone you did not see in years is kind of embarassing. At least to me, it happened quite a few times, and I really don't like the feeling, I prefer being unrecognized to be quite honest because I don't see the point in talking with them again.

35 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Having to greet like an 'old friend' a person who was quite hostile to me and didn't got along, during a school friends reunion

And this is why when I get out of high school, I better not be invited to a high school reunion. If someone dares send me a fucking letter about a high school reunion, I'll consider it to be extra toilet paper!

4 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

And this is why when I get out of high school, I better not be invited to a high school reunion. If someone dares send me a fucking letter about a high school reunion, I'll consider it to be extra toilet paper!

I guess it's an advantage for me to have quit school before finishing it in that context. 

1 minute ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

It wasn't a high school class reunion, but a friends reunion, unfortunately the dude used to hang out in with the same group of friends i did despite the coldness and sort of hostility between us two

2 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I guess it's an advantage for me to have quit school before finishing it in that context. 

What? You dropped out of school? Why?

22 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

What? You dropped out of school? Why?

Well, I didn't if you're talking about currently, I was refering to my high school's days, which I dropped out some 8 years ago. I actually did 4 years in high school, and I failed 3 of them. So I quit after failing my 2th grade for the second time when I was 16. The main reason for that was simply because I didn't care at all, I was more interested in banging my head like a trve kvlt black so-called metalhead, and of course, ruining my life while being in a toxic relationship. How fun was that? lol.

EDIT : The grade thing might be totally wrong as I don't know how it works in other countries than mine.

Edited by DesecratorJ

1 hour ago, DesecratorJ said:

So I quit after failing my 2th grade for the second time when I was 16.

failing my 2th grade

2th grade

2th

46 minutes ago, EtherBot said:

Well since my edit has not been read, I guess i'll need to point out that our system only has 5 grades in high school. Now u can't stop acting like it's surprising.

Just now, DesecratorJ said:

Well since my edit has not been read, I guess i'll need to point out that our system only has 5 grades in high school. Now u can't stop acting like it's surprising.

woosh

No, it's not about that, it's about how you typed "2th", instead of the correct way wich is "2nd".

OT: Back in my first year of high school, in biology class, the topic of the day was evolution, my teacher asked the class why does the ancestors of the giraffe over many generations grew it's neck instead of it's legs in order to reach the canopy of the trees they feed off, and i said something like "because it's legs would break due to lower bone density" the entire class went silent and one dude in back started to imitate a chirping cricket, it felt really akward.

41 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

why does the ancestors of the giraffe over many generations grew it's neck instead of it's legs in order to reach the canopy of the trees they feed off

Interesting question. What was the answer?

I share an office with a guy. We're both very cool, but also very socially awkward. He almost always works from home, so I get the office to myself most of the time. We've worked at the same company for like 10 years, and we have friendly chats at company social events, but otherwise don't talk to eachother at all. Our work hardly ever overlaps.

One fateful Friday on my lunch break, I went with my wife to a pancake house. We sat at one of those tables that has a long bench on one side, where a row of tables share the bench and there are chairs on the other side of the tables. My wife sat on the bench side, I sat on the chair side.

Shortly after we're seated, guy from work is seated at the table directly next to us, and he sat on the bench side. I knew it was him immediately from his voice. It's a very unique voice, deep and sharp all at once. The tables are quite close together, such that you're pretty much sharing a conversation with the tables next to you, whether you want to or not. Work guy and I didn't acknowledge eachother for the duration of the whole ordeal. I never looked directly at him. My wife didn't know who he was (I'm pretty sure they met at a holiday party, but it's hard to remember people sometimes), so she carried on as usual while I felt that awkward sting for most of our meal. He ate and left pretty quickly.

Should I have just said hi to him? "Oh hi, heh heh, funny coincidence. Come here often?" I probably should have, but then we're basically eating lunch together, and I knew that neither of us wanted that. Work guy and I have had some friendly chats since then, but have never spoken of that fateful Friday.

33 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Interesting question. What was the answer?

I don't quite remember the full answer but it has something to do with the acacia tree when it's young and small having it's canopy resemble a very dense bush with trails of leaves reaching the ground, as it grows in age and size, the acacia gradually loses it's trails and it's canopy reaches out from the ground. The ancestors of the giraffe grew their necks over generations by constant stimuli of stretching to reach out their limited and exclussive food source before it outgrew them and they had to repeat the process. A girraffe's neck has the same number of vertebrae as a human, around 7.

3 hours ago, Solmyr said:

No, it's not about that, it's about how you typed "2th", instead of the correct way wich is "2nd".

He literally wrote "Second" in the same sentence.

I was once on the Maury Show and I found out that I am secretly the illegitimate son of Mister Metokur.  

14 hours ago, EtherBot said:

2th

Wow hahahahahhah a dude who's making an effort to speak your language, so that your uneducated American ass would understand him, doesn't put enough effort into it LET'S MAKE FUN OF HIM YESSSS THAT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO

16 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Wow hahahahahhah a dude who's making an effort to speak your language, so that your uneducated American ass would understand him, doesn't put enough effort into it LET'S MAKE FUN OF HIM YESSSS THAT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO

You're right tbh. It's not really fair of someone to ridicule somebody for not being perfect at a second language. I never really intended to do that though, personally. If DesecratorJ was seriously hurt by what I wrote than I apologize but I think it's silly to assume any of us were being, like, super harsh on what is inherently a super simple mistake. I was poking fun for sure but idk if I'd say I was making fun, and if I was making fun of anything it was "2th" more than it was the guy himself.

And like, either way, I didn't even realize english wasn't his first language based on his comment. I thought "2th" was a typo because the rest is about as well written as everything else on here.

1 minute ago, EtherBot said:

You're right tbh. It's not really fair of someone to ridicule somebody for not being perfect at a second language. I never really intended to do that though, personally. If DesecratorJ was seriously hurt by what I wrote than I apologize but I think it's silly to assume any of us were being, like, super harsh on what is inherently a super simple mistake. I was poking fun for sure but idk if I'd say I was making fun, and if I was making fun of anything it was "2th" more than it was the guy himself.

And like, either way, I didn't even realize english wasn't his first language based on his comment. I thought "2th" was a typo because the rest is about as well written as everything else on here.

Yes, my first language is french, However, I didn't even realized my mistake at first, to be quite honest. My english is far from perfect I know, but I do my best to be fluent while speaking. 

Anyway, no worries dude, it's alright hehe.