Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Judge_V

[Announcement] Doom: Restless Souls

Now announcing, Doom: Restless Souls (Coming 2019)

very_nice.png.38403b3cffc0c530336c25957ef834ae.png

Doom Restless Souls is a wad will contain 20 playable doom maps, one of them will be a multiplayer map. 

Don't expect anything... special. I very new to this "mapping" thing, but it's really fun so I'm gonna continue doing it.

These are my first maps, actually.

Have a few screenshots.

Screenshot_Doom_20180906_171853.png.f148e991ff7fac80291d7ef7549b98dd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180906_172010.png.9f2cf2e59bab2625ae2f361a18378d9b.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180904_192623.png.b31eccfac2dbc6feaaa37e97fe485f79.pngAs I said, don't expect anything special or really custom and stuff, just a couple of classic doom levels.

What you SHOULD expect is custom music made by me. I actually am a musician. Yeah.

It's all gonna be midis of course.

Keeping it old school.

The oldschool vibe of your levels would be conveyed even better if you turned off texture filtering in your screenshots at least. Small hint. ^^ Other than that, looking forward to this. Classic doom level design is always welcome here!

I'll give the classic Doomworld advice: if you're new, don't go for a 20 level project. Start humble, improve your skills while working on small wads, and only then attempt something bigger.

The teaser screen is really well done. The visual issues that stand out in the map shots are: excessive squareness (even with the natural rocky structures), texture misalignments, and rough texture-to-texture borders (parallel rock and brick in the last shot, rather than the brick facade jutting out or something). Best of luck. I would suggest seeking out regular feedback from blunt and experienced testers, ideally in intervals no larger than every 3-4 maps. The Joy of Mapping Discord server might be really helpful for you. 

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

I'll give the classic Doomworld advice: if you're new, don't go for a 20 level project.

A mistake I made and am not proud of. Only I made 33 levels.

So long as it doesn't turn into a confusing and repetitive remix of one particular set of levels like Bloodlines did, I'll be happy.