Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birbseed

How can I make the monster chase the player?

Hi, I'm new here, I'm making a pack of terror, using the builder SLADE and doom, and wanted to know how to make the Monster chase the player

Monsters chase the player by default once they either have seen or heard them, depending on how you flagged them.

Note though that there are several reasons for why monsters don't do anything, some of which revolve around the size of their hitbox. So when a monster gets stuck, it does nothing at all. The same applies for cases in which a monster can't move in ways that allow it to chase the player through the map (because of how its movement is limited).

If you're entirely new to mapping, the tutorial below is a solid place to start.

For any questions that the tutorial above does not answer, you can either browse the editing tutorials subforum, or ask specific questions here:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/58-editing-questions/

And welcome to DoomWorld

1 hora atrás, Nine Inch Heels disse:

but I'm doing a wad of terror and wanted to know how the monster chased the moment you start the game

1 hora atrás, Nine Inch Heels disse:

Monstros para o jogador por padrão, uma vez que você vê ou escuta, dependendo de quem os sinalizou.

Note, no entanto, which individual extract by the monstrous not makes nada, some of which giram to around do size of your hitbox. Então, quando um monstro fica preso, não faz nada. O mesmo se aplica para fazer o caso de um arquivo não-alvo de fazer um jogo através do mapa (por causa de seu movimento limitado).

Se você é totalmente novo sem mapeamento, o tutorial é um lugar sólido para começar.

Para obter as perguntas que o tutorial não pode responder, você pode navegar no sub-fórum de edição de tutoriais ou fazer perguntas específicas aqui:

E bem vindo ao DoomWorld

Para obter as perguntas que o tutorial não pode responder, você pode navegar no sub-fórum de edição de tutoriais ou fazer perguntas específicas aqui:

E bem vindo ao DoomWorld

8 minutes ago, birbseed said:

I'm doing a wad of terror and wanted to know how the monster chased the moment you start the game

Place the monster so that it can immediately see the player.

Alternatively, force the player to use a shoot switch, and make the monster warp into the map.

you don't need scripts to make a monster want to kill the player. all you need is to make sure the monster is aware of the player. if you do not give out weapons, you will need to make sure the monster can see the player so that it starts moving.