Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMJack

Finals

Is anyone else coming up on Fall-semester final exams?

Is anyone else wishing slow, poi'y, painful death on family or roommates to refuse to let them study in peace!?

Seriously, when you're concentrating on Physics II problems, it's amazing how audible my one room-off's every little belch and murmer becomes. And the other roommate who loudly and obnoxiously comments on my ability to concentrate on my work, and asks me whether or not the punk music I'm playing in the background is distracting. Hell, the music is the one thing that helps...

Sorry, long night. :P

Fortunately, it seems like this semester is going to end rather peacefully for me. In addition to a few works I have to finish, AFAIK I only have two exams, maths and English (the former possibly being a challenge, the latter a cakewalk).

I'm in finals week now. We're on the quarter system. I haven't worried about it too much. Just layed off the editing of Kill for a while for a stress-free week. Got finals in my arts & humanities class, business (Excel, heh), english, and of course Japanese. Already took all but the english. Took 5 minutes, 25 minutes, and 25 minutes, respectivly. English is supposed to last from 3:00 to 5:15 tomorrow, but oh well.

Besides, I normally don't study anyways.

Oh yeah baby, I've got a 4.5 hour final coming up in a few hours for Programming Language Concepts... This is the most infamously hard CS class at my school, so the final should be a real humdinger. I'm going to have dreams of Scheme code for weeks to come....

This is the exact opposite of the Linear Algebra "final" I took earlier today that I got done with in 45 mins (it was just another test, not comprehensive).

Heh, finals. My finals were four three-hour exams held over two days. That was it - the class of degree (or lack of a degree) was decided purely by those four papers. Nerve-wracking? You bet...

However, I decided that I would keep to a normal sort of routine, and would watch Prisoner Cell Block H on TV the night before (11.30-12.30). However, on both nights it was delayed by an hour, so that meant I was up until 1.30.

Before one of the exams I felt quite smug because I said to some of the other guys "I bet Conservation of Helicity will come up - it's a pet topic of this examiner". This drew responses like "God, you're right! I wish I'd revised that.". What they didn't know was that I could remember nothing about it beyond what I had just said. The question did come up, but of course I couldn't answer it...

BTW, I did just about scrape through, mainly thanks to Cosmology questions where I could waffle fairly convincingly.

I only have two compehensive finals (thank goodness): Linear Algebra and Physics II. Java is taking the final midterm next Monday and will then be done with, as far as grading goes. Descrete Math has a test during finals week, but it's only over the last few topics.

The main problem is I have the last Physics midterm on Thursday, AND I need to finish all the PhysII homework (roughly 120 problems spanning the book) to be turned in the following Tuesday. I need to kick ass on both, AND on the final, or my grade is FUBAR.

i start next wednesday. it doesn't really matter for me, i've passed most subjects anyway.

IMJack said:

I only have two compehensive finals (thank goodness): Linear Algebra and Physics II. Java is taking the final midterm next Monday and will then be done with, as far as grading goes. Descrete Math has a test during finals week, but it's only over the last few topics.

The main problem is I have the last Physics midterm on Thursday, AND I need to finish all the PhysII homework (roughly 120 problems spanning the book) to be turned in the following Tuesday. I need to kick ass on both, AND on the final, or my grade is FUBAR.

NO PRESSURE NO PRESSURE :p
Seriously, hope you do well, Jack.

Finals for me is starting december 16th. It's not really a rush this term since I have 18 hours/week compared to last year when I had around 32 hours/week. Pressure is still low, for now...

I don't study, I just know. I have some kind of megaactive memory or something so I remember stuff (except for my phone number, I still don't know that...)

Study? I don't need it either. The answers just pop up come test time. It's kinda wierd. If I study, I forget study. Vice versa.

sephiroth has had his finals. sephiroth usally does good on an tests. sephiroth did do good on his finals, but sephiroth has 1 more left. sephiroth fears no test.

thought i would try talking in the third person

I do believe I aced my Physics midterm. Now I can spend the weekend finishing off the homework to be turned in on Tuesday. Only 70 or so problems to go! :D

It's best to study with a fan or some comparably consistent-sounding thing in the background. Dead silence reveals many creaks and murmurs, while music that you enjoy may distract you from your studying since you're busy enjoying the music.

AndrewB said:

It's best to study with a fan or some comparably consistent-sounding thing in the background. Dead silence reveals many creaks and murmurs, while music that you enjoy may distract you from your studying since you're busy enjoying the music.

I'd highly agree with that. I don't think I could stand a fan, though. Something a little less repetitive, like trance music turned down some, seems to help me. Can't listen to much else, though. Music in other languages helps, I have noticed.

I finished my last final last night. Then found out I'm getting a new job down at DU where I start at $11.83/hour. Rock on. Finals seemed pretty damned easy. My Japanese final only took 1/2 hour. Arts/Humanities took, literally, 5 minutes. English took about an hour and 15 minutes, though, but that was because of writers block. I hate essays that have to be based of an essay that I didn't like in the first place. We had to write an essay based on one that argued that all forms of sports should be abolished, or make it to where only females could play sports. I may not play or watch sports, but I still didn't like this.

fans, or most any machinery, will put me to sleep. the constant droneing of an electric motor will put me asleep in no time. however dead silence sucks and radio/music will do it too if i am in a car and it is something i like

some dumbass in my second last class today pulled my chair back, therefore absolutely fucking my tailbone. looks like i have to miss my exams.