Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Post your demos!

Opulent said:

maybe we could all record the same map or something.... just a friendly mini-contest.
no big challenge.
just a thought.

Suggestions...

Map07 UV
Speaking of which, I've gotta Map07 of my own that I'm going to send to the /newstuff this weekend if someone will upload it for me...

DooMBoy said:

Map07 UV
Speaking of which, I've gotta Map07 of my own that I'm going to send to the /newstuff this weekend if someone will upload it for me...

Send an' I'll do if you haven't sorted.

e4m6 isn't bad... a bit tough though.
I was thinking more along the lines of map21 or e4m7 or something...
maybe we should start with something really easy.. like e1m2...
whatever you guys suggest...

magikal said:

Send an' I'll do if you haven't sorted.

OK. Hehehehheheheh......

Opulent said:

e4m6 isn't bad... a bit tough though.
I was thinking more along the lines of map21 or e4m7 or something...
maybe we should start with something really easy.. like e1m2...
whatever you guys suggest...

Yep, e1m2 sounds cool or even map02 could be a good choice too, it's a nice one to watch imo.

no stipulations, but UV max is recommended.
actually, if you can speed faster than you can max, I'd be a bit surprised. :)
I got a 1:56 first time through... my target was under 1:30. man, that isn't easy. :)

Great! Let's kick those (map02 & e1m2) around for a while and see what comes up, again I don't think it needs to be really competitive, it's nice just to see stylish work.
If I can get anywhere near 1:30 I'll be well happy!
Here's an e2m8 I just did in Legacy v1.40.
Uploading now DooMBoy.:)
Done.

Grazza said:

I have been gradually increasingly my mouse sensitivity. Obviously if you increase it dramatically, it becomes difficult to control, but if you edge it up bit by bit, it should be OK. Currently the relevant line in my legacy config.cfg is:
mlooksens "31"
I don't know whether this is unusually high (in-game on the slider, it's a bit more than 70% of the way across). I expect I'll be increasing it soon.

Indeed - especially if you add in all those Arch-Viles I suggested. ;)

IIRC my mouse sensitivity the slider doesn't even reach the halfway. I've been increasing the sensitivity though but very slowly.

I'll add the archviles if possible, I'm a bit unsure about the one on platform with the blue key though, there's not much cover in that area.

EDIT: When I have the energy to continue with the maps that is ;)

magikal said:

Yep, e1m2 sounds cool or even map02 could be a good choice too, it's a nice one to watch imo.

I'm in :)

http://gamma.nic.fi/~kulma/klma.lmp

w00t i made par in map02 uv! :P

hmm now for that e1m2...

hmm opulent you want me to send this to you?

[EDIT:] for vanilla doom2.exe :) just tried if legacy works, well it started playing back e1m2 ;P

hmm is anyone watching my demos?-P should i record with legacy rather than vanilla?

kulma said:

hmm is anyone watching my demos?-P should i record with legacy rather than vanilla?

Well, at least I would be happy if you recorded them on legacy. It's easier to watch them that way.

http://gamma.nic.fi/~kulma/kuv-mp02.lmp

hey i'll just make a million stupid demos and make a new post for each of them, i'll have 500 posts in no time :P

legacy, stupid soldier ran in front of me in the start, run out of sg ammo once, missed those imp-twins like ten times and almost got killed, was 3 seconds slower than the vanilla d2 record, but still it managed to be better on the whole than that vanilla demo.

Note to Windows XP people:
If you have a demolump recorded with Vanilla DooM and your OS doesn't agree with it, use WinDooM (DooM95), which will play the demos the same way, with the only difference that it works under XP (yay) and you can have higher resolutions than crappy ol' 320x200 (double yay)!

kulma said:

The thread is actually about source port demos.

deathz0r said:

i can't get any other res than 320x200 with WinDoom.

Doesn't the launcher provide more resolution options? Mine does...!

magikal said:

The thread is actually about source port demos.

yes, please do them in a source port, it wont let me watch them with vanilla doom, and Doom95 doesnt work either. :(

kulma said:

w00t i made par in map02 uv! :P

When you said that I got very excited because I presumed you'd got 100%kills. Not much point in posting multiple demos if they're not max or speed etc, one's enough to see your style imo. Also as Opulent said include a txt file giving details and zip it.

magikal said:

Not much point in posting multiple demos if they're not max or speed etc, one's enough to see your style imo.

oh yeah sorry :/ i didn't remember i posted that one before. though the first one was just blah i'll play this (first try was posted), and the second one was a try for speed (the twentyXth try was posted).

it IS bloody hard to get par in that level, especially on the harder skills.

[EDIT:]and i also didn't read the first post too carefully, so sorry about those vanilla demos, too. doom2.exe owns btw :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

yes, please do them in a source port, it wont let me watch them with vanilla doom, and Doom95 doesnt work either. :(

I'm not completely sure what problem you're describing here, but demos recorded with vanilla doom will normally play back correctly with PrBoom.

Yep the main thing with vanilla demos is we're covering the same ground as Compet-N so there's not much point. Yes ultimately the originals own, no doubt, but a sizeable proportion of people here (maybe the majority) use source ports which makes this interesting.
Also I think the idea is to kick these 2 maps around for a few days or even a week to see what you can come up with.