Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luke11685

Future technology

Do you believe in future nano technology will be popular in the future just like in Deus Ex?Nanobots...etc. science-fiction stuff.Perhaps talking about RFID microprocessors are against rules I don't think it could be dumb conspiracy theory people might care too much about some religion it's controversial and against rules on this very forum,but it's just science-fiction technology which possibly might happen.This nano technology sounds like breaking the 4th wall of life just like Marvel's Deadpool and Rick and Morty cartoon,but this have nothing in common with science-fiction like Rick and Morty maybe more like Blade Runner, Matrix kind of like RoboCop and Terminator dark future technology.Do you it's a waste of time to think about it? This thread sounds like nihilistic life point of views.

Speaking as someone who can't claim to have any vast degree of deep scientific knowledge but who finds a lot of sci-fi concepts to be a bit annoying given how easily they start to smell of bullshit under closer scrutiny, I'd put nano-tech in the "I'm not sure" box.  To the best of my knowledge, miniaturization of microchips is already hitting challenges where if the circuits get any smaller they become too unreliable to use, and we might need a breakthrough in quantum computing or the like to surpass that, if that's even something that's possible (quantum mechanics seems to be one of those things that many people like to invoke but few really understand.  I certainly don't.)

OTOH chip miniaturization is something that's usually discussed in the context of making computers go ever faster, where if you're just trying to power some sort of nanobot then as the saying goes "just enough is plenty" and you could squeeze a lot out of much more primitive computers than we have now if you knew how, so maybe it's possible to build a CPU small enough with current or near-future tech, after all.  There are probably other similar challenges to such a scale as well though like what powers them, do they get remote control signals and if so how, etc, etc.  Microscopic scale organisms exist in nature but are pretty basic in their behavior, after all, so getting something that can act "intelligently" on that scale isn't something we have much proof of (and if such decision-making isn't needed and you just want some sort of live goop that converts one thing into some other thing, you'd probably just genetically engineer the aforementioned microbes instead of building nanobots.  We kind of already do that to some degree.)

Quantum computing wouldn't work for nanomachines since quantum computers need to be supercooled to near absolute 0 to even work properly afaik.

Dunno about RFID, but breaking the 4th wall of life should definitely be forbidden by the rules of this forum.

I'm excited about the prospects of nano technology in terms of medical services. if done right doctors and scientists will be able to observe things like our brains accurately and safely then ever before.

2 hours ago, dew said:

Dunno about RFID, but breaking the 4th wall of life should definitely be forbidden by the rules of this forum.

It was just ironic joke.

2 hours ago, luke11685 said:

It was just ironic joke.

indeed. Because declaring it an "ironic joke" implies you owned yourself with it, which you in fact did. What you meant was "sarcastic", because you tried to mock the perceived values of this forum you do not share. You may need to retry that once you grow up a bit.

2 hours ago, dew said:

you tried to mock the perceived values of this forum

How the hell did you manage to see this in his post

Please describe your thought flow in detail as I'm genuinely interested