Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom 2 The Way id Did demos [-complevel 2]

Second post and another UVMAX here of level 25 in 6:37 featuring a hilariously bad cyberdemon fight, playing chicken with a revenant, and a rocket that should of splattered Doomguy enjoy!

id25m637.zip

Yay, atleast someone is doing this, I been doing some attempts but haven't finished a max for these yet.

I'm surprised this map set wasn't filled. Originally was just going to do levels 8,9,10 but figured I'd fill the rest. It's just 27,28 that are left for UVMAX. I have 27  routed. 28 seems rather daunting with 4 pain elementals at the start..so idk about that level.

6 hours ago, NeilK said:

I'm surprised this map set wasn't filled. Originally was just going to do levels 8,9,10 but figured I'd fill the rest. It's just 27,28 that are left for UVMAX. I have 27  routed. 28 seems rather daunting with 4 pain elementals at the start..so idk about that level.

wow 27 and 28 are left now? Yeah I've had a go at both 27 & 28. 28 is a bitch because of those pain elementals and the chaingunners at the start.

Map 25 UV-Max in 3:58

id25-358.zip

Heh I was running this (very) on and off for the past year or so, short sessions every couple of months to relax. Finally got a sub-4:00 with no missing monsters (>95% of exits had something left behind somewhere). Thanks for all the fills NeilK, I was hoping someone would do these. :)

Edited by rdwpa

Jesus! I'll have to check that out in a bit. I saw your demo of lvl 23 and was like nope skip. I think level 28 also has the most pain elementals in the entire wad. Also forgot level 33 has to be maxed. 

3 hours ago, NeilK said:

Jesus! I'll have to check that out in a bit. I saw your demo of lvl 23 and was like nope skip. I think level 28 also has the most pain elementals in the entire wad. Also forgot level 33 has to be maxed. 

I was gonna pm you and mention 33, but you already know heh!

3 hours ago, rdwpa said:

id25-358.zip

Nice work rdwpa!

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, rdwpa said:

id25-358.zip

Heh I was running this (very) on and off for the past year or so, short sessions every couple of months to relax. Finally got a sub-4:00 with no missing monsters (>95% of exits had something left behind somewhere). Thanks for all the fills NeilK, I was hoping someone would do these. :)

Excellent demo by the way, amazing how much time you save when you use the bfg more/clever invul sphere usage. I noticed I had a lot cells left on exit, so keeping that in mind for future demos. Thank you it has been fun running these.

Level 27 UVMAX in 5:56

I really wanted sub-530. My strafe running still sucks so always improvement there.  I realize now that I could of teleported out of Spider Mastermind room and let the spiders duke it out for a possible 20 second time improvement, but I exit with low life that dropping back down there with a mastermind or a couple of spiders. I just didn't want to risk it. Enjoy!

id27-556.zip

Level 28 UVMAX in 9:11

I just completed a decent run before only to find a missed a linedef for a secret, so I was pretty tilted in this demo, more or less a table fill. Not really into Doom acrobatics. Anyways ;/ enjoy!

id28-911.zip

3 hours ago, NeilK said:

Level 28 UVMAX in 9:11

I just completed a decent run before only to find a missed a linedef for a secret, so I was pretty tilted in this demo, more or less a table fill. Not really into Doom acrobatics. Anyways ;/ enjoy!

id28-911.zip

Just 33 left now :D

Level 09 UVMAX in 4:56

I thought my demo of 7 minutes was very weak, thought of a new route (or I just got better). Decent demo minus the platform hiccup in the red key room. Enjoy.

id09-456.zip

The exits times for 13 and 18 bothered me so I felt compelled to run them again.

Level 13 UVMAX in 7:25

Bland level only interesting thing is cyberdemon rocket misses me by a mere frame(s).

Level 18 UVMAX in 7:46

My favorite level of the set so I always come back to it. Monsters like to get stuck in lifts and such, so exiting with a 100% can be a little bit aggravating.

Enjoy.

id13m725.zip

id18m746.zip

Map 01 UV-Max in 0:45

Map 02 UV-Max in 1:36

Map 03 UV-Max in 1:44

Map 04 UV-Max in 1:42

Map 05 UV-Max in 2:04

Map 06 UV-Max in 4:36

Map 07 UV-Max in 1:02

Map 08 UV-Max in 4:47

Map 09 UV-Max in 3:53

Map 10 UV-Max in 4:37

Map 11 UV-Max in 3:55

Map 12 UV-Max in 2:47

Map 13 UV-Max in 5:19

These are my old demo collection of this wad about three years ago.

I was going to record all maps of this wad for videos of youtube and I had previously stored some demos for maintaining weekly updates, but I canceled it once for releasing Japanese community project (JPCP). After the project had been finished, I didn't restart recording this wad's demos and I quite forgot it. I don't have any motivation to continue it now. These demo are nothing special but still current records, excluding map 4. I therefore decide to release them before it is forgotten again. I hope these demos are fun to watch for you or helpful for a faster record. Enjoy!

d2twid_TCA.zip

Getting back into UV-Max!

Map 14 in 3:35. 11 second improvement over the old record.

Planning on tackling some of tatsurd's demos eventually, but re-learning how to shoot the bad dudes instead of running past them is taking me a while :P

id14m335.zip

Map22 UV-Max in 4:06 

Map22 NoMo100s in 1:55 (should this be in the nomonsters thread instead??)

I've had loads of attempts of UV-Max with this route that could be sub4. Low hanging fruit if anyone wants it!

id22s155.zip

id22m406.zip

Map26 UV-Max in 3:36

Only a 13 second improvement over Revved's demo, however this run turned out to be more frustrating than I anticipated. If someone else improves it I'll strongly consider going for the much more aggressive route.

id26m336.zip

Map20 UV-Max in 4:56

Beats the old record by 2m06s. Far more aggressive (and sloppy, my dodging is as bad as ever :P) than the old record. I'd like to see NeilK tackle this one again, because the map is fun and there is still a lot of improvements to be made over this one!

id20m456.zip

Nice run eLim! It is always fun to watch the uv-speed guys max maps. I'll admit I didn't give as much effort to this map as it deserved, as I distinctly remember one particular Caco at the end getting shot by a rocket and floating light-years away, resulting in me rage quitting heh. I suppose I'll have to give you a run for your money :).